Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 10-15-2015, 01:10 PM   #1
cargirlbecca

Trader Rating: (0)
cargirlbecca is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb Who's been to Japan?

I have been really wanting to go to Japan and check out the Nissan Heritage Collection anyone been? Is a week enough or should I try for two?

http://www.thegentlemanracer.com/201...racer-had.html
cargirlbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2015, 08:57 PM   #2
eytsics
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
eytsics will become famous soon enougheytsics will become famous soon enougheytsics will become famous soon enougheytsics will become famous soon enougheytsics will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
try 2 weeks... and bring lots of dough
Old 10-27-2015, 09:25 PM   #3
Jtuned_andy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
Jtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Do you have a translator, a guide, an itinerary? If you plan to just go by yourself and you don't speak the language you'll probably not enjoy yourself unless you are the adventurous type.

You are better off taking a group trip there like the D-sport trip when you visit Auto Salon and they take you all over with a guided tour to up-garage, autobacs and stuff
Old 10-27-2015, 10:29 PM   #4
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I took Japanese for three semesters in college before joining the military. I can still read/write hiragana and katakana but kanji is a whole different ball game. Speaking fluently is also a challenge. My point? It's awesome to plunge head-first into things like that but at the same time it's not going to be a cakewalk.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:00 AM   #5
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirlbecca View Post
I have been really wanting to go to Japan and check out the Nissan Heritage Collection anyone been? Is a week enough or should I try for two?

http://www.thegentlemanracer.com/201...racer-had.html
1) That Nissan Heritage Museum is over in Zama, Kanagawa. So if you are staying somewhere around the Metro Area, it can be a bit too far for most people... or should I say daunting.

2) I think it even says it in that article (I cant remember which one), but that collection is not open to the general public. You have to schedule a group tour, or call ahead and see if you can jump in with a tour.

Other then that, I guess one week would be fine. I would recommend the Bunny Cafe in Yokohama if you have time tho.
silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:18 AM   #6
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
I Lived there for a few months ( Marines ) it is such a beautiful country with so many traditions...

Save up and go check it out for yourself. I am going back in May of 2016
Hatemy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:07 AM   #7
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I went for 10 days back in april and it wasnt long enough. 2 weeks would have been perfect. It was a blast. You should also check out the nismo omori factory if youre in the yokohama area.

As for the language barrier, I can speak a tiny bit of japanese to get me around and it was enough. Phones these days even have apps that will translate more or less of what youre trying to say. Also, most younger japanese people can speak a bit of english, at least enough to help you order some food, etc. Oh and get one of those portable wifis, they make finding things waay easier.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #8
cargirlbecca

cargirlbecca is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome thanks for the feedback! I am the adventurous type so I am not worried about not speaking Japanese. Besides I have a translation app if it gets really bad.
cargirlbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:05 PM   #9
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I've been twice, and I'm heading back again in January for TAS. The previous times, I had gone with friends, who spoke Japanese so it wasn't as daunting.

I would recommend doing two weeks. Trust me when I say that you'll need a day or two to chill out. Jet lag and being on the go will burn you up QUICK!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:55 PM   #10
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviamang View Post
1) That Nissan Heritage Museum is over in Zama, Kanagawa.
2) I think it even says it in that article (I cant remember which one), but that collection is not open to the general public.
Not open to the public Nissan does have another Museum, but if you're in the metro area plenty of things to do. One week is plenty all depends on what you want to do. I'd check out Mt Fuji just be in decent shape to climb it or take the shorter trail.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:49 PM   #11
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
I've never been but would like to go real bad.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:15 AM   #12
Joobie610
Leaky Injector

Joobie610 is making a name for him/her selfJoobie610 is making a name for him/her self
Went this time last year, spent a week driving Ebisu, 2ish days in Tokyo, 2ish days in Osaka and a few days in amongst that touring the countryside.

You need to go for a few weeks to make the most of it. Will be going for three weeks in November next year - not doing any drifting - to make sure I see everything.

Make sure you take a mobile/tablet with Google maps. Forget that Apple junk, you NEED google. Speaking from experience there, as my friends couldn't find anything on apples latest and greatest. Just type what you are looking for into gmaps in English, and it will take you there. Just don't go looking for ARC as you will end up in a rice paddy.

You wont get a mobile or similar while you're there, so work out a WiFi dongle before you arrive (I used e-connect Japan).

Proof of awesome J-land trip, Daikoku in dori cars

uploadfromtaptalk1446984896580.jpg

And Shibuya Square (terrible pic is terrible)

uploadfromtaptalk1446984963093.jpg