Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
EndLeSS8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
EndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Thumbs up Short review: Stance LX+Plus coilovers for S14

Stance LX+Plus coilovers for S14

7/5 spring rate
Bought them from THmotorsports + Stance USA. Great service from both places.

Short review:

I haven't rode on many coilovers as many of you, and I was extremely hesitant to get another set of coils because of my first experience with them. My first S14 was riding on Tein HE coils, which were rough as heck.

There have been tons of threads on Zilvia requesting for comfortable coilovers, and although I haven't been on many types, the LX+Plus coilovers are very comfortable. I don't know what dampening my friend's coilovers were set on, but they feel more comfortable than Tein Flex for the S14.

Currently I have them on full soft in the rear, and 1 click away from full soft in the front. I have not tried them on the higher dampening settings. They go really low. On full soft all around, it felt really great, but was majorly rubbing my wiring harness.

They ride very comfortably, much more comfortable than my previous spring/KYB AGX setup. Much less body roll than before. The dampening feels very good. The car does not feel bouncy at all. Ride quality, they feel stiffer than my mom's 4dr Civic and my old IS300. The car does not feel like a boat, it still handles well.

I am incredibly happy with them. Best thing I've bought for my car so far.
The only negative aspect is that the springs make some noise (really minor) but apart from that, very pleased overall.

If there are any questions, I'll try to answer, but I'm not a coilover expert.

Peace
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
How low do they actually go? pics?
Old 10-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
titopr06
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (68)
titopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
awesome thanks for the review, i have been looking for reviews . You say they feel better than the spring and shocks?? I think i will be getting these for sure.
titopr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
Drifting-pedobear
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Drifting-pedobear is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^^^get some pics of the lowest they can go.
as for spring noise, isnt that the springs just setting? i think it goes away...
Drifting-pedobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
EndLeSS8
Zilvia Junkie

EndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enough
The rear of my S14 has the coils set on the highest setting, and I have 1 fingergap between my rear tire and fender. Exhaust is about 3.5" off the ground

If you slam it, I'm sure you can go really low on these coils.

For max lowering height, you might need to contact Stance directly, because I'm not too sure exactly how low, but from looking it and what my mechanic said, you can go really low. As for the spring noise, my mechanic said that it's the sound of the spring loading up, and he told me Stance coils have a tendancy to make that noise. Honestly, it's pretty quiet and doesn't bother me.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:55 PM   #6
Dazzla
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Dazzla is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
pics dont work
Dazzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #7
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Pictures work me.

Great review. Might consider these if I get a daily 240.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #8
JDM Sil4ty
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
JDM Sil4ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
i might have to get me a set ... im riding on megan track coils right now and oh my ..
such a wrong decision for a DD .. lol
Old 10-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #9
Mita Orange
Leaky Injector

Mita Orange is an unknown quantity at this point
getting my set this Friday cant wait! Nice review.
Mita Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #10
beeracing s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
beeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
these will make you drive like a lexus.
beeracing s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #11
lob@ller
Leaky Injector

lob@ller will become famous soon enoughlob@ller will become famous soon enoughlob@ller will become famous soon enoughlob@ller will become famous soon enoughlob@ller will become famous soon enough
How are they at absorbing pothole like impacts compared to a spring/strut combo? Will they knock your teeth together??
Old 10-06-2009, 09:52 PM   #12
EndLeSS8
Zilvia Junkie

I forgot to mention, yes, my S14 is my daily. It's low, but not super slammed.

It's better than my old spring/shock combo for absorbing potholes. Now railroad tracks aren't a bothersome issue to me. Only deep potholes are the ones that jolt the car.

The coilovers aren't going to make your car into a luxury vehicle, you still need to be careful with potholes and stuff, depending on how low you are.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:28 AM   #13
mrjdm157

mrjdm157 is an unknown quantity at this point
s14 I also have Stance LX+Plus for S14

He all,
I also have Stance LX+Plus. I purchase them from IntensePower for a crazy deal with free shipping. Only downside what that at the time it was so new that I had to wait 2 months before i got them. I had it installed on my car for about a month now with about 1200 miles on them.

Install: (done by myself - first time installing coilovers)
-the rear threaded sleeves felt short. i am running g35 18x8 +30 in the rear and i had to put it at the highest ride setting. I called Stance and they recommended that you retain at lease 1.5-2.0in of thread in the sleeve (please check the manual ... dont remember at the moment) for safety and reliability concerns. I believe i only have 3/4in in the rear ... not good i guess, but for daily i think its okay. if i run lower sidewall tires in the future i will lower the rear some more (i currently am running 245-45-r18 in the rear)
-i agree that there are a little bit of noise in the rear coils as well
-the front coils were pretty good...only thing was that it did not have a hole to mount the abs bracket to the coilover sleeve...so i used like 4 zip-ties on each side)

ride:
-pretty comfortable, i have it on full soft at the moment
-i had this kind of disconnected feeling from the rear during the initial 500-600 miles or so. the rear rebound felt disconnected ... meaning when i went over a bump (any speed) it took like a second later and the rebound kicked in which made it jump a little. I asked stance about the preload before i installed them. He said that you should keep the factory preload setting (which is whats pre-set at from the factory) and just make sure they are equal lenght (rear left with rear right and front right with front left). I also made sure to tighten the locking brackets.
-i went as high as 4 clicks from full soft all around and it felt more sporty but not crazy stiff.

ride height/alignment:
id also did an alignment so that helped alot. i just went with a street/daily driving setup with good tire wear etc.
-the front are about 3/4in gap (i didn't want to remove the fender well plastic) and the rear are tucking about 1/2in.

comparison:
-i had rsr race springs with kyb agx previously for over 2 years
-ride was harsh for daily driving
-very little to no rebound
-if i would match them again i would go with koni yellows
-adjusting damping was easy in the front but the rear you had to go under the car (stance you would just pop the rear speaker cover off)

overall impression:
-great street coilovers! i know i still can go stiffer if i wanted too so i still have some room to play with.
-i love how people dont say dang your car is super stiff or what is that squeaking noise (rsr race w/agx)
-pretty good streetable coilovers at an awesome price. send intensepower a pm for a great deal...o yea there from Arizona which means no sales tax if your from california. plus free shipping sealed the deal! (note i am not affiliated with intensepower just a customer...o yea one of the sales rep have a set of LX+plus in his s14 as well)
-lastly, there stance...you cant go wrong with stance!

Enjoy!
mrjdm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #14
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Great review, thanks for sharing
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #15
synthtk

Trader Rating: (2)
synthtk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to synthtk
Thanks for the review, looking at getting these.
synthtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #16
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
How are they on a stiff setting around the corners?
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #17
Jay97240Sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Jay97240Sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay97240Sx
Thanx nice review guys
Jay97240Sx is offline   Reply With Quote