Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:16 PM   #61
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I got them off the auctions. Only problem is for some reason they dont have the FR inner axle boot...

But I think I have a new lead on boots.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 08-17-2015 at 12:33 PM..
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2015, 02:47 AM   #62
s14kkouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
s14kkouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Nice build Man. Also I want to thank you for this thread. I'm on the hunt for interior pieces for my gtst and I almost bought GTR items thinking they would fit. 5,000yen is a steal for all those pieces you got lol. Just a center Console on eBay it's like $160 ��
s14kkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 04:29 AM   #63
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14kkouki View Post
Nice build Man. Also I want to thank you for this thread. I'm on the hunt for interior pieces for my gtst and I almost bought GTR items thinking they would fit. 5,000yen is a steal for all those pieces you got lol. Just a center Console on eBay it's like $160 ��
Domo Glad I can help.

All the R32 interior peices should be the same minus the carpet between 4wd and Rwd models

Yikes that pricey. One reason why im stocking up on parts over here, cuz I know they will be way more expensive in the US.

Finally got my hands on Front Bumper brace

And a replacement tow hook section

Found a new shift knob as well

Little Mother Mag Polish and she cleaned right up

Got in some Sun shades for the R32's as well

and trying to decide on paint colors after the body work is done

Pics dont show it but they have a bit of metal flake in them

It'll be cheap job unless I can get a good deal over here
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Old 08-17-2015, 09:40 AM   #64
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

so kinda weird between the GTR and the GTS-t the A/C bezel is different. the GTR one is shorter. But GTR ones are going for about $150... Fuck that.

GTR Left - GTS-t Right

So I modded the GTS-t one. I cut is down then sanded it flat. Worked pretty well.
Not too shabby

So if you are unlucky enough to get the weird H4 to H1 Converter bulb thingy that will suck cuz there is no HID kit to fit that shit.

But I was able to find a H1 bulb thingy. So you can run a H1 HID kit. without having to do crazy shit to make a HID kit work.

Picked up a HID Kit from DDM Tuning as well

Wanna punch the PO in the face so bad. Probably the shittiest "mechanic" work Ive ever seen. Nothing properly torqued, its ever way too fucking tight or not enough.

Seems the kid tried to drift this thing before judging by the damage ive seen. noticed one of the the Rear LCA Mounts is damaged. seems like he side sideways into curb or some shit.

Finally got the bumper installed. Had to do a ghetto repair to get the bumper to mount up. once it JCI'd ill have a shop do it the proper way.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 08-17-2015 at 01:48 PM..
Old 08-17-2015, 11:19 AM   #65
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ac bezels are shorter in GTR's to accommodate the Din gauges. Just had to do the same thing on my car.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:39 PM   #66
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
Ac bezels are shorter in GTR's to accommodate the Din gauges. Just had to do the same thing on my car.
well yeah I figured as much when it wouldn't fit under it. lol
still dumb
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 08-17-2015, 01:03 PM   #67
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
impul knob is sweet
haha that ac bezel shit would drive me crazy
it's the little things that make me nuts
looks clean though
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:54 AM   #68
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

yeah im glad I was able to use that with out having to buy one. lol

Just need to get some vents and order some door fabric to match the seats.

Finally got the axle rebuilt and doing some ghetto HICAS boot repair when I noticed the LRCA ball joint was bad.... couldnt remove the HICAS arm so I had to disassemble the E brake to disconnect the cable to gain access... took way too fucking long for that.

And took her for a test drive

Damn this thing is ugly...
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 08-19-2015 at 08:03 AM..
Old 08-19-2015, 07:56 AM   #69
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
couldnt remove the HICAS arm so I had to disassemble the E brake to disconnect the cable to gain access... took way too fucking long for that.
jesus you have the patience of a saint hahaha
glad to see she was able to hit the road again for some driving
Old 08-19-2015, 09:15 AM   #70
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
jesus you have the patience of a saint hahaha
glad to see she was able to hit the road again for some driving

lol Ya gotta WANT it.

Want this thing finished so I can get it Inspected.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 09-10-2015, 06:17 AM   #71
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

So JCI has been C/W (Complied With).... Means good to go.. lol

Optional Read: if you are bored at work and curious how the Japanese inspection shit goes on here here was my worst experience with it.

Gotta vent about this shit though. Be grateful most of ya'll don't have to deal with registering a car in Japan.. Most of ya'll probably wont understand most of what I'm talking about too so whateves lol.

So back when I first go the car I initially just wanted to get the title in my name and not worry with a getting a JCI, We called them and they said bring the car and paper work and we can do that. I get temp tags and bring it down there But then they said the needed a current JCI in order for me to change the title in my name......WTF... Son of a bitch.... OK Fine, That way when I sell the other cars I can drive this thing until I leave Japan.

So they told us we had all the paper needed and just need the inspection done. Well this turd box needed a good bit of TLC as most of ya'll have seen/read.

So on 3 different occasions we asked what paper we need to make sure we had it.
So Judgement day happened today for the JCI. So we get there at 10:00am give them all our paperwork for them to say we don't have everything...... Immediately pissed off cuz we were told 3 times before we had everything.

They said we were missing a Ininjo (Japanese Power Of Attorney). We had one.. But they said we need another one for the JCI Policy (Prev Owner Bought the Policy)
So now they start picking up on my frustration.

I said WTF do we need one for I have FOUR BOS saying the car is mine.... so then they said if I bring them another paper work from the base they can do it..... that's a 1.5 hour round trip..... Even more pissed now. Now they start getting timid. Now im not yelling or cussing or being rude but my tone of voice and mannerisms are very oblivious im pissed.

So I say fine ill drive 1.5 hours to get the damn paper while my wife does what she can while I gone. Luckily I just get to the car to realize I need the title, So I go back in and tell them I need the damn title so the clerks like "shhhhhh" (Its a sound Japanese guys make when there is a issue) kinda like inhaling through Grit teeth.....

Anyway so since my irritation is very apparent now and they say... Well this one time we will make an acceptation so you don't have to drive all that far.... Fucking Right... something my way.

So finally get in line to the actual inspection.
Physical outside/inside/indicators/horn check - Good
Exhaust Decibel check - Good, surprisingly since the Silencer was 2mm too small and had steel wool stuffed in it since the Exhaust was not a JASMA model. lol
O2 check - Good (fuck yeah)
Alignment - Good
Headlight check- Right side failed. Little upset cuz I had a shop check and align it..
Speed check and brake check - Good
Under chassis inspection- Little worried about that one since the rear HICAS ball joint boots were bad but I RTV'd them until I can install some new ones. Surprisingly they didn't notice it. But they said the transfer case was leaking but it was residue from the PO that drove this damn thing with the torn shifter boot so Gear oil went everywhere (suppose to be ATF in the TC not gear oil.....) then he said my rear diff pinion seal was bad.... Fuck no its not. I was gonna be pissed if Id have do a rear pinion seal.... But what happened is the shifter gear oil was getting blown on to the rear diff.

I got him to drop the TC leak but he wouldn't let go the rear diff seal even when I showed him right under the pinion there was no fresh oil.... whatever kind easy fix.

Then they said my Ride height was too low. Mainly the fucking exhaust.... Kinda easy fix as well. Didn't know it was the exhaust that was too low at first just said it was 30mm too low.

Luckily there was a little pit shop right behind the LTO office for quick fixes.

Raised up the coilovers 35mm (thought it was gonna be enough)
Had the HL fixed then bought some Carb cleaner and blasted the rear diff pinion for a good 5 mins. No leaks Fuck yeah.

Then noticed as I was driving out that My toe was now jacked from raising the car... Fuck, now im paranoid that when I go back through that it might trip the alignment sensor and they fail my car for that... So had to wait for them to finish lunch to get that fixed.

So got that fixed. Ran back through, Passed everything but the Ride height ..... SOAB... so I watched the guy do the height check to see that it still needs to go up 20mm...
Asked them if I fix that can they check it real quick , they agreed and said to go to this other bay when I fix it.

so I Jack the car up and cranked the coilover as high as those fuckers would go. Camber and Toe were all kinds of fucked up but didn't matter since I wasn't gonna drive over the sensors anymore. Still not sure if its high enough, debated on airing up the tires more but nah. Essentially I made my car more dangerous to pass it lol.

I get it checked out, passed with 15mm to spare lol guy looks at it and decides he wants to check the tire pressure...... Now you fuckers are just trying to find something.... Luckily didn't air them up so pressure was good.

Finally Inspection done just need to go back inside and get my sticker and plates.

They then look over my paper work one more time to just now notice that my JCI Poicy and inspection Dates are too far apart.... YOU MOTHER FUCKERS..... They told me I had to buy a policy extension so the dates are the same... Told them this car is gonna be exported before the Either JCI is expired and I don't care. Well they care, The also told me that when I export it I can cash in the Policy for a refund.......THEN WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF BUYING THE POLICY EXTENSION!!!???...... So I had to spend 12,000Yen on a extension. So then after running back and fourth between 2 buildings 6 times I finally have my plates in hand and its now 4:30PM....

So car was iffy to drive with the 4X4 setup (Wish I took pics but was soo pissed I didn't think about it) so Once I get a few miles away I pull over in the rain and readjust all the coilovers back down.

Kills me you cant reason with them and tell them:

"Look bro lets be real when I get this thing home its getting slammed, Wheels, Suspension, and blast pipes... so how bout you just not worry about these certain things. Its a waste of both of our time"

But it cant work that way.

END RANT/

so depending on weather tomorrow im gonna try and do the control arms and wheels. ^_^

Hopefully I get a base pass for the car so I can keep it at home and then work on it whenever I want to.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 09-10-2015, 08:16 AM   #72
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

LOL that's a cluster fuck that sounds 100x worse that any emissions in America.
Can't speak for California cause that's all sorts of fucked up too haha
Old 09-10-2015, 08:34 AM   #73
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Dear Lord that sounds like a nightmare of an inspection process. Wow!
Old 09-10-2015, 09:03 AM   #74
1GR-FE

1GR-FE is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh man, I hate that kind of thing. Where I live, in Georgia, all you need is a title/bill of sale and proof of insurance and they give you a tag. No inspection, no emissions.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:23 AM   #75
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
You can also marry your cousin. Streamlines the dating process. I love it.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:05 PM   #76
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Damn that sounds horrible. I have JCI due before the end of this month. Dreading it but apparently all I do is have the base hobby shop do a pre-inspection, pass and then my insurance company takes care of everything else. Hoping its not near anything as bad as that.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:19 AM   #77
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Yeah Def a shitty day. Gets even shittier cuz the Base will not give me a pass for this car.

We are only allowed to have one vehicle per licensed driver. I have a waiver from two years ago that allows me to have three vehicles. Shits changed since then. I want to de reg the GTR and put the Four door in its place but the only way They will allow that is if I either "Sell" or "Junk" two of my cars. Chances of getting another Three car waiver is very slim now due to a new commander....

Soooo fucking hate PACAF right now, cant wait til I leave here so I can have a Big house, garage, and as many cars as I want and stay out as late as I want.

So the car has to stay over at my buddies house.....So still have to do a 30 min commute to work on it....sigh

But I can bring it on base easier now but still.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 09-11-2015 at 01:32 AM..
Old 09-11-2015, 07:48 AM   #78
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Yea I feel you on the PACAF bs and people wonder why I want out... They don't understand how childish this shit is.

On another note, can you help me confirm these issues I'm dealing with:

1. I currently have D-Max rear adj arms and heard that they will not pass JCI, this true?

Sucks cause I threw my stock arms away.

2. What are the restrictions on exhausts?

Put my cat back in and threw in some silencers but issues I'm having is my exhaust is on the line of sticking out past the bumper and also was told silencers now have to be riveted? instead of a bolt holding it in.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:33 AM   #79
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
Yea I feel you on the PACAF bs and people wonder why I want out... They don't understand how childish this shit is.

On another note, can you help me confirm these issues I'm dealing with:

1. I currently have D-Max rear adj arms and heard that they will not pass JCI, this true?

Sucks cause I threw my stock arms away.

2. What are the restrictions on exhausts?

Put my cat back in and threw in some silencers but issues I'm having is my exhaust is on the line of sticking out past the bumper and also was told silencers now have to be riveted? instead of a bolt holding it in.

I understand why they have to do it but I think it should be up to group commanders to decide if certain ppl need to be on restriction or not. But of course no one wants to make those judgment calls.

Ive heard some place don't care, But they are not suppose to be legal. Only Ikeya Formula are JCI cuz they come with like a "Quality Test Report" to show its better than OEM.

Up here you need a catalyzer, pass O2 and the exhaust can't be any louder than 90Db. If your exhaust has a JASMA badge on it than its JCI legal.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 09-12-2015, 05:42 AM   #80
Slayer

Slayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Man I feel your pain. For future reference just tape a bottle of decent whisky under the car next time. Ive never had any problems going through shaken with my car and the bottle is always gone after the inspection 😁😁
Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:27 AM   #81
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
Man I feel your pain. For future reference just tape a bottle of decent whisky under the car next time. Ive never had any problems going through shaken with my car and the bottle is always gone after the inspection 😁😁

lol, If I ever have to do a JCI on such a shittily maintained car I'll keep that in mind.

My other cars shouldnt have an issue.

So now that the car is JCI'd I can finally start modding it.

So first on the list was Wheels. Installed the Origin DNA02's. Fitment is pretty good for some +15 offset. Just need a little bit of camber and lowered a smidge bit more and I think it'll work pretty good.

Gonna leave it at this height for now since I wont be around for a few months while the wife will be driving it, So I dont want her to have any issues.

Looks kinda Meh right now but imagine a Deep Red with flake and Pink 326 Power 7mm lugs (Wife wants Pink) lol

Also installed the HID's in mine and my friends.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 09-13-2015, 08:17 AM   #82
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
dude those sun shades are the shit. I have been looking for cool stuff like that. That and a nice car cover. That is one reason I'm afraid to go to japan. I think I would buy so much random little novelty items.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:51 AM   #83
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
dude those sun shades are the shit. I have been looking for cool stuff like that. That and a nice car cover. That is one reason I'm afraid to go to japan. I think I would buy so much random little novelty items.

haha Right, Saw those came out not too long ago in a GTR Magazine I got and just had to get them lol

Yeah my wife has been buying out the Nissan/Nismo website of all the little trinkets and such lol

Finally got my hands on the BN Sport Kit from my buddy. Hopefully get get it installed tomorrow.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 09-19-2015, 10:33 AM   #84
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Got the front bumper and side skirts on.

Bumper too a while cuz I had to raise the FMIC so I didn't have to cut diverter on the lower section.

Looks better. Just wish the paint wasn't shit...

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 09-20-2015 at 03:35 AM..
Old 09-19-2015, 11:02 AM   #85
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
You are literally going from ashy to classy. It looks amazing
Old 09-19-2015, 12:29 PM   #86
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Looks really good! In my opinion this is best body kit for HNR32!
Old 09-22-2015, 03:39 AM   #87
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Domo Guys

Finally got the rear installed.

This rear bumper had be damaged before and was repaired. Might buy a new one cuz it kinda bothers me lol but we'll see

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 09-22-2015, 06:04 AM   #88
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
god this car looks good with that kit lol.

To live in Japan, ahhhh
codyzsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:46 PM   #89
Flip2Flow
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Flip2Flow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I love the BN for the 4 door R32, so jealous!

Flip2Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:46 AM   #90
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

1998 S14 W/RB25- 250ish (For Now)
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 10-05-2015 at 07:46 AM..