Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #61
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
EvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EvilRB Send a message via MSN to EvilRB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CefiroA31 View Post
Ah sorry, havent see that you are on Skylines Aus too, been long time not browsing to build section there.
Not trying to patronize you, sorry if it seems that way, actually admire your diys.
I am also in Cefiro Indonesia, just seldom posts or check the facebook.
What parts you might need?
No worries man, it's kool...
Post some pics of your car or start a thread of yours, it's always nice to meet more A31 owners.

Here is what I'm mainly looking for:
A/C vents, Left one and top, as well as the light sensor cover and if possible the S13 DCC conversion harness so I don't have to re-pin my a/c

Here are some picture just to be clear

I tried getting in touch with that kismo guy but he never responed to me or my friends in thai or english... I guess he just dosen't like to sell outside of thailand or something...

Last edited by EvilRB; 10-02-2017 at 09:40 PM..
EvilRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #62
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

EvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond repute
SO finally I got my rims back from wheelflip yesterday and got my car back on the road

So after a month and a half of her being down i stayed up all night and got to get her running again!
I tell you there is nothing like the sound of a RB starting for the first time, especially when it's yours!

Basically what I did when she was down:

Cleared the sheered off exhuast head bolts
New ARP exhaust head bolts
New SS Braided Brake lines
New SS Bradied turbo lines
New Energy suspension bushings
New Gasket kit
New down pipe
Sealed and check all exhaust and vacum leaks
Cleaned everything!
Installed New A/C system
Cleaned IVAC
Checked and rewired engine plugs
New battery terminals
Grounded the engine and ignitor
Sea Foam Engine Prior to New spark plugs, OIL Filter, Fuel Filter, etc...
And basically just clean alot of old dirt and oil out of her...
I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things. oh well...

Video of the car running here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...73698897813580

Basically spent alot of cash on parts just to refresh her and took time just to get her perfectly running again
I want her to be around for a long time
And even though I have another engine going in her I still have plans for this one
So now I'm taking the day to just see what else I need to get done and take the weekend to enjoy her
Money is alittle tight this month so I need to still get tires for the other set of 350z wheels.

So help my build!
Check out my For Sale Threads!

Here: http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51710...ml#post5259577

BUMP THEM!!! AND BUY!! LOL!!!

Well back to work...
Old 05-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #63
S12 Drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
S12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Bad ass RB powered cefiro. very very nice.
S12 Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #64
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

^ Thanks man....

Well FUCK Me!

Went for a test drive and to break in my car and pulled over to adjust my idle and do a quick viual under the hood after a few blocks from my house and the car is just start to run hot!
but I check my PFC and my sensors aren't reading it!
it was reading 117c

... So I limp home and now i have to figure this mess out...

FML! I just want to drive!!!! Blah...
Times like this I just want to say fuck it and drop in the RB30 before it's done...

EDIT update: upon inspection at a glance... looks like it might be the water pump... completely unrealted to anything I've done but I think god just hates me for all those times I touched myself at night.... :P

Last edited by EvilRB; 05-12-2013 at 01:03 AM..
Old 05-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #65
denian_cellphone
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
denian_cellphone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I love where you are going with this build. definitely subscribing.
denian_cellphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #66
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks!

Well Update... Spent all day and took everything apart again and the radiator was bone dry again...
Found a small crack in the radiator after I filled it again...
This after I just traded my koyo for the A/C system...
So I now need to buy a new one.... anyone want to sponsor??? LoL!!!

Money is tight this mobth so it might have to wait...

I'm just tired and stressed... gonna have to sell a few things first
I also went for a test drive after I fill the water up and have a major exhaust leak from the head from the one head bolt stud that I wasn't able to clear so I'm going to pull the head and have to take it to the shop and remove it... more work...

Well it will just be done the right way...
Luck I love this car...
It did feel good to be driving her again
Nothing beats the feeling of that!
Old 05-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #67
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

So since I had a little leak from the broken exhaust stud in my head here is my solution to fix it...

...I need help....

This is why I'm broke.... Buy my stuff....

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51710...ml#post5259577

Atleast bump it for me....
Old 05-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #68
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

And if your keeping track...
The car was orignally RB20, I have a Rb25 in the car now...
Yes this is a RB26 and Yes I'm still building the RB30 as well...
LOL all for this same car....
And No, I don't know whats wrong with me....

HAHAHAHA!!!

Soon!!!
Old 05-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #69
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
man why couldn't we have gotten these and laurel's in the us. sweet car man
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #70
ahenry778

Trader Rating: (0)
ahenry778 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I wish I could come across one of these! Great build so far!
ahenry778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #71
Tay187
Leaky Injector

Tay187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hell yes... another US Cefiro owner! I was googling for some info and found your thread! Excellent work! I want to make changes to mine, but it is soooo bone stock, I have a hard time justifying it and might keep it stock for now, but love your build!! Keep it up!!
Tay187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #72
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay187 View Post
Hell yes... another US Cefiro owner! I was googling for some info and found your thread! Excellent work! I want to make changes to mine, but it is soooo bone stock, I have a hard time justifying it and might keep it stock for now, but love your build!! Keep it up!!
What another US Cefiro owner! Yes I'm not alone... I can has friends... HAHAHAHA!!
Old 05-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #73
Japanese Classics
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Japanese Classics is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Very cool car, looks like your build is coming along nicely! Custom bumper work looks nice also!
Japanese Classics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #74
Tay187
Leaky Injector

Here's a pic of mine... and the rest I'll put in my own thread

Old 05-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #75
Japanese Classics
Zilvia Junkie

Japanese Classics is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay187 View Post
Here's a pic of mine... and the rest I'll put in my own thread

Whoa, nice! Lots of A31's coming out of the woodwork!
Japanese Classics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:54 AM   #76
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Nice! So Jealous of your sunroof... Especially for SoCal!

Hope you get your issues sorted, let me know if there is any other help you need!
Old 06-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #77
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

My fuel & air upgrade, all this for $100...

Z32 MAF and Remaned 650cc A46-00/ JEGS Injectors

A little Birthday present to myself...
But sadly the injectors might have to go back considering the guy never sent the flow sheet and these are supposed to be reman 650cc units that I've never seen before...
They all seem to be in brand new condition and look great but still the fact I got them so cheap and the tips aren't what normal units look like I don't want to pay to get them flow tested just to find out that they are 270's and be SOL...
I'm not risking my engine no matter how good the deal is...

Anyone ever see these type of tips before??
I've only seen injectors with 4 holes that are OEM re-drilled...

well we'll see...

UPDATE!!!!!! SWEET! The guy basically said sorry dosen't have the flow sheet as listed and refunded my money, told me to keep the injectors!!!!
I basically got them for free!!!!!
I'm just going to send them in and get them flow tested myself!
AWESOME!!!!

Oh yeah I also might have found a temp fix for my exhaust leak issue on my heap, gonna try it out this weekend so we'll see how that goes...
maybe I'll get to drive while the 26 is getting shipped over

Last edited by EvilRB; 06-01-2013 at 09:49 AM..
Old 06-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #78
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection

take the girl

leave the cefiro

your license plate is.... GEY

hehe
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #79
Tay187
Leaky Injector

EvilRB... Maybe you know this as I can't find an answer... does the Cefiro have an EGI Relay? I have looked in the fuse / relay box on the driver side, but none are labeled as such, wondering if there are any on the passenger side under the factory airbox setup? If you know or could look, that'd be sweet. My ignition wont shut off my car and I've read it's an EGI Relay on other Nissans, so I'm hoping it's just a relay on mine as well...
Old 06-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #80
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Give the car back to the girl and send her my way.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #81
Luvs2slide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (81)
Luvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
Any updates? Just read through the entire thread and good stuff man! I had the exact crap happen to me with the exhaust studs breaking and im taking the head off for repairs. The ARP studs you used, is it the part number in the picture you had a page or so back?
Old 09-27-2013, 02:51 AM   #82
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

No major updates, been working and bought a few more cars...

I am waiting for a few packages to come in from Japan.
And yes I'm pretty sure that the part number for the exhaust bolts, if not google it. I just ordered it off ebay, they had the cheapest price shipped.

I did take her out a few weeks ago to a local meet.
Here is a pic.

Also I did get a few other goodies since the last time I've updated here...

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak
-frc3/981919_10151919090804236_219125372_o.jpg[/IMG]

I also got to check out this gem that I used to own...

Yes that a is a GZ20 Toyota Soarer TT with a 1G-GTE
I used to own one back a few years ago, I miss my car and it was nice to see one again.
the owner used to work at Toyota in Japan and with TRD.
Really nice guy and had some great stories. Great day!

Found a few pix of my old GZ20... I miss my old baby... RIP

She got totaled on the 60 freeway in 07 by a Tahoe while I was stopped, that going 0 mph, in traffic....
I was so mad... out of all the cars on the road.... I get rear-ended!! FML...

I do plan on working on my ceffy before SEMA so I will post before then.

Last edited by EvilRB; 10-11-2013 at 04:10 AM..
Old 10-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #83
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
whats up with the Inline exhaust cut out
Old 10-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #84
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
also in the pic where you went to the meet the first thing i thought was "oh shit its gangnam style psy ina rhd nissan!" lol

badass build man
Old 10-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #85
KoukiKid
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
KoukiKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This is an awesome build! Can't wait to see more of it... never knew all that much about Cefiro's in the first place. :/
KoukiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #86
VIPDRFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
VIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...jz-cefiro.html

Follow his lead and you'll be good to go.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #87
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyS14se View Post
whats up with the Inline exhaust cut out
APEXI ECV (Exhaust Control Valve)

Control Valves - Exhaust

Apexi ECV - YouTube

I recommend it to anyone with an exhaust!
This is my 3rd one and now this car and I can not tell you how many times it has paid off when you are just trying to keep your car quiet. Even when you are just coming home late and don't want to wake your neighbors.
It comes in different sizes to fit different size exhaust and all you do is pull the cable to quiet your exhaust when you need it and release it when you don't. Very handy to have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyS14se View Post
also in the pic where you went to the meet the first thing i thought was "oh shit its gangnam style psy ina rhd nissan!" lol

badass build man
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPDRFT View Post
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...jz-cefiro.html

Follow his lead and you'll be good to go.
Thats ok, I like his car but I like to do my own thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiKid View Post
This is an awesome build! Can't wait to see more of it... never knew all that much about Cefiro's in the first place. :/

Thanks man, I am just waiting on a bunch of shipments from JDM land and slowly building my go fast parts for play time. So I'll update this shortly but it may be after SEMA by the looks of the shipping time.
But I did get some new toys to play with while I wait for the engine parts.

Say Bye bye to the Blitz 01's!

Gotta say I have to change my whole suspension set up again with this set up but the new tires feel great!
Alot more comfortable driving but alot harder to get loose so more playing...

Well see what happens but as for this weekend all eyes are on FD Irwindale this weekend so that will be fun...

Last edited by EvilRB; 10-11-2013 at 04:15 AM..
Old 04-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #88
wacko2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
wacko2 is making a name for him/her selfwacko2 is making a name for him/her selfwacko2 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
any new update of the car
wacko2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #89
CSeaBass

Trader Rating: (2)
CSeaBass is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
a friend of mine dailies his cefi, ive driven it a couple of times, nice car. i would love to pick one up myself one day.
(his has an rb20)
CSeaBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:30 PM   #90
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Updating after what 4 years?? (WOW has it been that long???)

Anyway I was going through my old bookmarks and figured I'd update this just incase anyone cares.

I had the car in storage for about 2 years and finally took back home a few weeks ago.
Put a fresh battery in her and she started right up!

Going through the engine now just to do the regular maintence but she still pulls like a dream.
Funny cause I bought so many parts for her that I actually bought 2 sets of some stuff.
If anyone has some parts LMK, looking mainly for a new radiator and twin tip exhaust.

Well I know Cefiros aren't as rare as when I first got her but it feels like closur or something to update this.

Here she is when I got her home again.

(And WTF happened to all the pictures??? And how do I size these ones down?)