Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
Mee_guel

Trader Rating: (0)
Mee_guel is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA Desperate for help

Hey guys, I'm new to zilvia and new to s-chassis also. Bought a '91 240sx with a stock KA about a month ago and now I'm havin problems. For the first two weeks, the car was solid. Ran great, transmission was great(it's stick) and I was loving it. Once the 2 weeks hit, after a drive to Fremont I noticed something dripping from under the car. Thought it was water because we had the AC on the whole way so I didn't think much of it. Few hours later, some friends hit me up for some smokeeaters and I head out. When I get there, I notice my temp guage slightly move up but again, I thought it was nothing. On my way home, I start noticing the smell of burning coolant and my temp guage going up againg. Luckily, I was able to make it home home without over heating the car. When I got off thought, Ive got more coolant burning and smoke just coming out of it. Now there's a huge puddle under the car which now I made to be coolant. My neighbor (which is somewhat if a mechanic I guess) decides to test to see what's wrong with it so he pours water into the radiator and drives it. We let it idle for a good 15 minutes and nothing. After a 20 minute drive, we park the car and notice the huge puddle again. He said he doesn't have a clue what's wrong with it and I can't make anything out. Can't tell exactly where the leak is coming from so I'm stuck. The car has been sitting for two weeks and I'm desperate at this point. Can someone help me out?! (sorry for the long post. Probably a little more info then needed)
Mee_guel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Well, why dont you find out where its leaking first? If you cant find it from inside the engine bay, jack the car up and crawl underneat.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Pressure test the cooling system and find the leak. NOBODY can find a leak based on what you said, that's like asking a mechanic to diagnose your car over the phone. It's not possible!

racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Mee_guel

Trader Rating: (0)
Mee_guel is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Already jacked it up and still can't pinpoint it. I thought it was a hose but they all seem fine. Going to get that ink marker with a glow light to see exactly were it's coming from
Mee_guel is offline   Reply With Quote