Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
My first car...KAT-PWR Hatch Build thread

As it sits now

Okay so about 4 years ago (give or take) i bought my bone stock 240 from a lady (second owner) who had owned it since it had like 7k on it to the 105k it had when i bought it for $1500. This being my first car, my father racing it's not going to stay stock. A good friend prior to me getting my license has an MKIV TT...so naturally i have a goal to shoot for

Here is about the only picture i have of it stock....bone stock with a dented fender. Thanks to my dad, i got one for cheap, he wholesales autoparts for a huge corp. so the parts come fast

Being 16 years old, obviously i wanted some audio and wheels immediately, as the radio did not work. First trip up to my dad's shop yielded a nismo shift knob and a set of 4 wheels and tires with 85% tread, locking lugs, a few drill bit sets, and some other misc tools.
And i bought some megan coilovers. Installed car audio (2 12's, 1500w amp, pioneer p3100 touch screen. Hey i was in highschool

Of course after that was done i thought i was big ballin with my mix-matched paint 240.
So at this point, i bought a ton of shit to go boosted.

After boosting the engine, a poor tune(emance)/ and dying fuel pump. The car screamed and made some good power as long as it was running balls out. That bitch caught on fire. I was killed needless to say.
All that work.....money....time...gone. Ironically enough a rad hose blew and put the fire out saving the car.
After pulling the engine and head

Fucked pistons

So i bought a parts car for 400 based on a compression test...and swapped in an unkown mileage ka24de.
Got some wheels as i was rolling non boosted

Then during my junior year of HS i gave up my spring break to do an internship at my dad's friends bodyshop/paint shop. Took me under their wing, let me use a bay and all their tools and supplies. After days of bodywork and disassembling the car it was ready for primer
Stickers, i apologize

After paint and putting the car back together, i ran into this kid i had just met through a mutual friend (one who owns the supra) and he shoots some pretty hd shots. I stopped where he was taking shots with a kid who paid him lol

I found some aero (side skirts and rear bumper) for 50 bucks local. Picked it up in time to have it painted. Also got to learn to fiberglass to fix the sideskirt that was broken.
After aero:

Got some control arms

And in my spare time i've been getting stuff ready for my engine rebuild

Then as i've been getting money i've been buying gaskets, and other turbo build parts. I bought a turbo for 20 bucks that was blown to get the inducer out of as mine got destroyed in the fire, and rebuilt mine

I managed to find a kid locally who had the front bumper that matches the rest of the kit i bought. It needs work and paint, i already glassed the cracked/weak spots. And have it mostly sanded down

Then my dad came through and a guy he does a lot of business with said we could bring my engine to him and go through him for the machine work. And we can put the engine together there, and he'll give us a hand when we need it/offer tips. Reconditioned rods, check tolerances, hot tanked, bored and honed .020 over, polished crank, pistons on rods, checked/fit rings, checked head.
Supertech 8.6:1 compression.
ARP Main/Rod/Head studs
ACL rod bearings
Clevite main bearings (ACL on a national back order)

Block studded

Head back from rebuild

Smooth as a baby's ass

Head installed

THE shop!

Starting working on my dash you can view the build thread under my other name

HERE

Got the timing chain all ready to go.

Old engine out

New stuff waiting

Old bay

New bay

Local shop that lemme use they stuffs

Re-did center console/push start and flocked

Beat a genesis with a gt30r on 16psi

Skip a head a bit
Painted New aero

Powder coat, going blow through, z brakes

Hit a deer last month

Also moved in with a couple friends

Lots of cool cars/customers/friends. LSx boosted rx7, R33 skyline, 2jz fd rx7 (not pictured)
And my car under going a transformation

Spending hours on fitment, more tweaking to do

Thankd for reading, as always this project will never end and more will always be coming.

Last edited by KAT-PWR; 02-04-2017 at 07:40 PM..
KAT-PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links