Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-15-2020, 06:56 AM   #91
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Small update

Pretty much have this thing sorted for the most part. Cars been running good/feels good suspension wise. Got all the lights up front functioning and finally tossed my bumper back on and changed the oil. Ive clocked maybe close to 150 miles on it so far so Im hoping to hit 250 before this event and nut and bolt check the car and change to redline oil/Mobil filter. Right now Im just using Mobil 5w30 for break in.

Got all my gauges back functioning and wiring ran. Also got a cool drift tengoku know from eric(zer0dimes)

Last things before the event include
Changing oil
Nut and bolt check
Mounting extinguisher
Battery terminal covers
Better Battery tie down

And I think thatll be pretty much it.
Will update after event with maybe some cool pics of driving or maybe crashing. Who knows

Last edited by Fuglychuki91; 05-02-2021 at 10:50 PM..
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2020, 07:47 AM   #92
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Oh shit whaddup let's drive!?!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:52 PM   #93
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Shit

As per usual nothing went how it was suppose to go that weekend of the drift event. I tried out the kr20a?s on the street and the car had way more grip then I was used to. This was the night of the local Halloween bash that I had did a few laps in my buddies car at. Not the one at kilkare raceway I was planning on driving.
Was trying to sort out the grip issues and sorta get it to where I felt comfortable using the tires before I just assumed I?d be able to drive okay on them at the event. In doing so, spun a bearing on #1 rod. I was fucking sick that day over it and that was a Monday I realized it was knocking. I had the trailer lined up for Thursday night and was going to leave Friday.Tuesday I drove it to my garage(I didn?t care) and pulled the motor.
Before that I drained the oil of course. Weird thing was the car maintained great oil pressure above idle. Unsure of what caused it. Possibly clearance issues that I miscalculated or me ?beating on the car?. Yes I changed the oil multiple times and tried making sure to let the engine break in and go up hills and such to seat the rings.

Assessed the damage

Head had some scoring

Bearing half for rod numero uno

Ended up still going and having a blast hanging with my friends though I couldn?t help but feel like I was on the sidelines the entire weekend.
Here?s some random pics of my friends cars.

After that a local homie of mines ended up trading me a ka he had pulled and I went through and did all the basic maintenance shit you?d do while a motor is out. Timing chain/components, oil pump stuff and all the other various seals.
So, that motors in the car and running now as of a few days ago. Super Sad this car has had 3 ka?s in it this year and no events. That?s the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

Bunch of little stuff I have to button up. Going to clean up/simplify the engine harness and figure out some little other things that bug me about the car but it runs so whatever. Until spring probably boys lol
Old 11-30-2020, 10:17 AM   #94
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Damn dude, sorry to hear! You'll get there.

Old 11-30-2020, 05:07 PM   #95
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

All good man! It?s just some of the unfortunate occurrences that tend to happen with cars and trying to do everything yourself. But, my plan is to build that spare bottom end. Maybe source another decent crank if the machine shop doesn?t wanna grind the crank of it doesn?t polish out. Kicking myself as I had a spare ka block/crank I literally set out in the garbage because I thought I?d never need it(had it for 3-4 years) and low and behold lmao. It?s the way she goes though
Old 12-01-2020, 05:32 AM   #96
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuglychuki91 View Post
All good man! It?s just some of the unfortunate occurrences that tend to happen with cars and trying to do everything yourself. But, my plan is to build that spare bottom end. Maybe source another decent crank if the machine shop doesn?t wanna grind the crank of it doesn?t polish out. Kicking myself as I had a spare ka block/crank I literally set out in the garbage because I thought I?d never need it(had it for 3-4 years) and low and behold lmao. It?s the way she goes though
I did the same thing with a couple of KA's over the years

Old 02-24-2021, 07:05 AM   #97
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

What's happening with this thing man?

Old 03-03-2021, 09:53 AM   #98
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Better late then never

Man, sorry for the lack of updates. The car has me slowly moving along. It got pretty cold and I hated being in a garage with no heat when it was below freezing. That being said I did still manage to wander out to my garage about 1-2 times a week.

So, i got the ka from my friend in and running. The car had a stupid issue with the idle where it would rev up to about 1.5k-2k cold but warmed up, it would idle at like 1k and falter down to like 500 rpm like it wanted to stall. I checked all the basic stuff like vac leaks, unplugging the maf to see if the maf was giving me issues. The car would almost want to stall with the intake cone filter on and ran better with it off.
So I switched back to the Oem intake and cleaned the maf. Still persisted. Checked the codes and have a recurring code 34(knock sensor) checked the voltage(4.9v) at the sub harness and the engine harness and had voltage through it so maybe the new knock sensor I got was a dud or the subharness is actually bad and maybe the shielded wire is just trash. My clusters cel has never worked and the last motor felt sorta sluggish even with the new knock sensor. I just never checked the codes so it may have been a issue on the last motor as well.

Anyhow, Im replacing the knock sensor and subharness this time around and Im going to check and see if that helps.

Removed the intake because I found what I believe was a small leak at the plenum gasket. Could be slightly uneven mating surfaces or I just failed to tighten everything enough. Anyhow, Im going to run a small bead of silicone with the new gasket and hopefully that squares it away.the knock code could have been due to the vac leak but im not totally sure. Along with that, Im replacing the injectors for some refurbished ones as well.
Ended up making a ugly plate for the iac and the air regulator under the intake. I I know I know, the factory ecu doesnt like to run without them but Im not spending to $200 dollars on a new Oem one and i dont really care if my idle is a bit high and if its super cold having troublesome cold starts. If I get annoyed enough Ill add it back. Cracked the tb and possibly drill some tiny holes in the throttle plate and adjust tps voltage accordingly. Chime in if you know anything about what Im doing and its helpful advice.

Also, to rule out fuel issues, i went ahead and hardwired the fuel pump and got a tee and liquid fuel pressure gauge just to install inline to help verify base pressure and things of that nature.

Still have some wiring to clean up as well.
so disregard the engine harness and loose wiring everywhere.

Ive tried swapping the ecu as well as far as the knock sensor code went and it presented the same outcome. Along with that I swapped out the old ass tps I had with a newer one I had laying around.

Also, ended up getting a 4.9 s14 diff off my buddy. Swapped the covers, got the stripped drain plug out of the s13 cover, new bolts and some solid bushings and a little paint goes a long way.

As far as suspension and interior goes, Ive been slowly using the interior/vinyl paint to convert some of the mismatch panels I had to black. I had blue door cards and a bunch of other small stuff. Next Ill be working on just other small parts and hopefully I can get it back together soon. Aside from that I bought a new seat. Ended up getting the thrashracing pro spec gamma with the yellow carbon/kevlar back.

Really wanted a bride maxis 2 or zieg 2 but that would never happen with todays inflation lol.
So zeta 1 will probably become passenger seat.
Suspension is pretty much buttoned up needing small adjustments to ride height and alignment but thatll happen when the car is back on the ground running.
Went back to 25mm extended arms vs the 38mm which made certain wheels difficult to fit but added grease zerks to the sleeves and installed Es Lca bushings and new moog ball joints. Worth mentioning the quality of the ball joints in the full moog arm is different from the separate ball joints that cost about as much as a full arm with ball joints already.

As usual, I sold some wheels and bought some more.
Advan rc2 17x9+35
‘96 Work rezax 1 17x9+10 with cool sized lips I polished. I need to still send the faces out so I can get some tires on them.

Sorry for the poor quality ig pics

Last edited by Fuglychuki91; 03-03-2021 at 10:51 AM..
Old 04-17-2022, 07:47 PM   #99
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Man, its been a hot minute

man so I haven?t updated this thing in a long time even prior to zilvia going down for that long length of time. I still have the car and not much has changed but I?ll try and pick up where I left off.

At this point, I had quit my job at belle tire as one of the lead alignment techs there where I enjoyed helping my friends who drifted with alignments and tire needs. I want to say it was around almost 6 years coming to a close. I was switching to go work for a Chevy dealership as a tech with 3 other guys who previously worked for belle tire aswell. Right before I started me and my family took a week to visit my cousin in San Diego.

Then, I came back and started the new job and continued working on the s13.
I noticed the car was running fine but smoking. Not excessively but more then I would have liked. Under load and off throttle really quick. So I thought maybe rings but compression test checked out good. I believe it was 140-145 across the board which isn?t unheard of on a old motor. I cared that they were all really even. So then, I thought valve seals.

So I pulled the head and replaced them. Same thing slightly less tho. Had the fresh head I spun the bearing in so I cleaned it and then grabbed a felpro and some arp?s. Same deal. I said whatever and just drove it home. Got home, car sounded like a Subaru and I figured out it was a pitched injector o-ring. Just bought all new injectors and carefully seated them using lube on the seals. I also got sick of the crusty wiring harness issues so I just went ahead and got a wiring specialties harness which was just the stock replacement nothing fancy. It did however use the 3 pin o2 sensor that s14s used I believe. So I found a nut with the thread pitch of the o2 and welded it to my header. Probably not that necessary but oh well.

Car finally felt solid no more smoking and 4.9 rips! Potentially updating more later tonight or tomorrow haha