Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
Nick410

Trader Rating: (1)
Nick410 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Engine rebuilding

I have a question about gaskets and engine rebuilding, I'm sure the question has been asked many many times and it actually might be a sticky or post somewhere in this forum, but I'm kinda lazy to look, so here are some questions I have for a KA24DE on a 1995 240sx.

1) What kind of gasket does the timing chain cover use (if so, lower and upper)?

2) What's the best or top quality rebuild kit for a KA24DE engine? Is a kit from ebay okay or is there an actual website that sells rebuild kits?

3) If I were to rebuild my engine with a turbo, what's a good turbo system to get and would I have to rebuild my transmission as well for it?

Thanks!
Nick410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
If you're too lazy to research what it would take to not only rebuild an engine, but to then boost that engine....
What makes you think you're capable of rebuilding and boosting your car? I mean if a few key strokes is too much work, where ill it end? Engines dont just snap together and viola they're done. It is a very tedious task.
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:05 AM   #3
Nick410

Trader Rating: (1)
Nick410 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxball88 View Post
If you're too lazy to research what it would take to not only rebuild an engine, but to then boost that engine....
What makes you think you're capable of rebuilding and boosting your car? I mean if a few key strokes is too much work, where ill it end? Engines dont just snap together and viola they're done. It is a very tedious task.
true and you have a point, thanks for your first reply and feedback haha, but I researched and couldn't find the right answer I was looking for, plus I was planning on posting something like this anyway haha. Anyway my hands working on my car to maintain, repair, and make it go faster is far more excited and interesting than staying on the computer all day doing key strokes...just saying in my opinion.
Nick410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:38 AM   #4
myKAl
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
myKAl is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick410 View Post
I'm sure the question has been asked many many times and it actually might be a sticky or post somewhere in this forum, but I'm kinda lazy to look
NO, first thing wrong with this post, im surprised you havent been flamed for this already.

Second thing, take your 1,2,3 questions and paste them in the small questions thread

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/297481-smal...w-threads.html
myKAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
dawagarage
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
being lazy ≠ dependable rebuilt motor

here, dont be lazy and read the fsm
Index of /FSM/240sx/1995

ratsun: dawa (73 datsun 620)