Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Electronics

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
New 2012 Alpine Head Units On Sale

It's that time of year... new Alpine head units! It's honestly my favorite new product that is released every year. All of the new models are not out yet, but I will update this thread as they are released and I have them in stock. Alpine has a killer double DIN lineup this year... starting out around $189! So stay tuned.

Alpine CDE-121 Retail: $140 Forum Price: $109 shipped

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Alpine CDE-133BT Retail: $180 Forum Price: $149 shipped

Alpine CDE-134HD Retail: $200 Forum Price: $169 shipped

Alpine CDE-135BT Retail: $220 Forum Price: $179 shipped

Alpine CDE-136BT Retail: $230 Forum Price: $189 shipped

Alpine CDE-HD137BT Retail: $250 Forum Price: $209 shipped

Alpine CDE-124SXM Retail: $250 Forum Price: $219 shipped

Alpine CDE-HD138BT Retail: $320 Forum Price: $269 shipped

Alpine CDE-W235BT Retail: $230 Forum Price: $189 shipped NOTE: Limited Quantities For Now

Alpine INE-S920HD Retail: $1100 Forum Price: $899 shipped

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ine-s920hd/

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds

Last edited by Broadfield; 06-25-2012 at 08:06 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
off topic, but how much would a alpine pdx f6 shipped to 92704?
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
off topic, but how much would a alpine pdx f6 shipped to 92704?
I don't really sell the Alpine amplifiers anymore. I have fallen in love with the ARC Audio amplifiers. Their new XDi amplifiers are just amazing for the price... and even smaller than a PDX. Would you like a price on an ARC XDi804?

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
khmer1
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
khmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i might want the last on list but im assuming you will have to get a subscription for siriusxm right shipped to 43206 oh
Old 03-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #5
SnakeKack
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
SnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SnakeKack
I have a seriously outdated sony head unit that came with my car and been wanting to upgrade. I really like the models that have the hands free calling bluetooth. Do they come with microphones or do you talk through your phone's mic?

And probably stupid question but I noticed you really dig Alpine and I never experienced one, what is it about them that makes them better than others like Pioneer, Kenwood, Clarion etc?
Old 03-25-2012, 01:17 AM   #6
DanielS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DanielS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
could you get ahold of any doubledins broadfield??
Old 03-25-2012, 03:14 AM   #7
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
I really hope, that Alpine steps up their double din game this year. I've already got a pdx sub, and 5 channel amp. Wouldn't mind running all Alpine. I'll have to hit you up for a package deal for a double din, separates, and sub(s).
Old 03-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
WhipsGoneWild.net
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
WhipsGoneWild.net is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
i love alpine but every time i get new one they come out with new model lol ill never get anything else!
Old 03-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #9
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmer1 View Post
i might want the last on list but im assuming you will have to get a subscription for siriusxm right shipped to 43206 oh
The 138 does not do SAT radio out of the box... you would need to add the $69 tuner. Obviously if you do not do the tuner then you won't need a SiriusXM subscription. Even if you have the tuner hooked up you don't need the subscription... you just won't get any channels until you subscribe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeKack View Post
I have a seriously outdated sony head unit that came with my car and been wanting to upgrade. I really like the models that have the hands free calling bluetooth. Do they come with microphones or do you talk through your phone's mic?
Yes, all BT Alpines come with a nice MIC that I recommend clipping to the headliner up by the rear view mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeKack View Post
And probably stupid question but I noticed you really dig Alpine and I never experienced one, what is it about them that makes them better than others like Pioneer, Kenwood, Clarion etc?
Let me first start off by saying that I have carried every decent brand of head unit over the last 20 years: Alpine, Rockford, Denon, Clarion, Clarion Pro Audio, Sony, Sony ES, Eclipse, Pioneer, Pioneer Elite, JVC, Nakamichi, Kenwood, Kenwood Excelon etc... and Alpine is the only one that I have carried the entire 20 years. Alpine is the only upper tier head unit left on the market. Is Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony nice? Sure, but Alpine is just a notch above them. Quality is a little better, performance is a little better, they have the best Ipod control(they invented it for car audio), they easily have the best user interface... especially on double DIN's. I have installed on over 25,000 vehicles and I still struggle to find certain settings in Pioneers and Kenwoods.... it shouldn't be that damn difficult. You can pick up an Alpine for the first time and easily find any setting you want. Very common sense and there's no weird menus buried within other crap. Hell on Pioneer you can only access certain menus starting with the radio being off... DUMB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielS14 View Post
could you get ahold of any doubledins broadfield??
I only carry Alpine... and all of their double DIN units will be released in June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
I really hope, that Alpine steps up their double din game this year. I've already got a pdx sub, and 5 channel amp. Wouldn't mind running all Alpine. I'll have to hit you up for a package deal for a double din, separates, and sub(s).
The W910 was a killer piece last year, but not everyone wants NAV etc. So Alpine will be releasing double DINs without a screen, with a screen and no NAV, with NAV and even an 8" screen. They will have a unit at the following retail price points: $199, $449, $699, $999 and $1499.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
LumXingXing
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
LumXingXing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
2 x Alpine CDE-121 to 77477?

Quick question, does it have a 3.5mm jack in the back of the unit?
Old 03-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #11
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumXingXing View Post
2 x Alpine CDE-121 to 77477?

Quick question, does it have a 3.5mm jack in the back of the unit?
It would be $209 shipped for two of them. It does not, the 1/8" jack and USB are both on the front.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #12
LumXingXing
Leaky Injector

LumXingXing is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm..maybe you can help me out with something, I'll send you a PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #13
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumXingXing View Post
Hmm..maybe you can help me out with something, I'll send you a PM.
PM replied

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #14
beeracing s14
Zilvia Addict

beeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of light
can i still use my old alpine cd changer with these? or i need to get an adapter of some sort?
Old 03-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #15
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Assuming you have an AiNet changer, then it will only work with a unit that has an "A" in the model #.... so none of the ones I have listed. There is no way to get it to work either. They have not made changers for several years so there simply isn't support for it anymore.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #16
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
They all have a USB port and 3.5mm input jack on the front? Sigh, I miss the old cleaner styled headunits. Hopefully with some of the other models yet to be released that there will be some without those ports on the front. Really takes away from a clean headunit overall.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #17
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enna View Post
They all have a USB port and 3.5mm input jack on the front? Sigh, I miss the old cleaner styled headunits. Hopefully with some of the other models yet to be released that there will be some without those ports on the front. Really takes away from a clean headunit overall.
Yeah, but that's what 95% of consumers have been clamoring for. You have to make what people will buy. I have posted all of the single DIN units... there are no more coming out. There will be five double DIN units coming out in June. Only the one without the screen will have the USB and 1/8" jack on the front. The other four will have a USB on the rear... no 1/8" jack. But since it's a screen it will have a full composite audio/video input that you can make into an 1/8".

Alpine CDE-W235BT M.A.P. $199

Alpine IVE-W530 M.A.P. $449
No pics yet worth posting

Alpine IVE-W535HD M.A.P. $699

Alpine INE-S920HD M.A.P. $999

Alpine 8" INE-Z928HD M.A.P. $1499

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #18
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Yeah, but that's what 95% of consumers have been clamoring for. You have to make what people will buy. I have posted all of the single DIN units... there are no more coming out. There will be five double DIN units coming out in June. Only the one without the screen will have the USB and 1/8" jack on the front. The other four will have a USB on the rear... no 1/8" jack. But since it's a screen it will have a full composite audio/video input that you can make into an 1/8".

Alpine CDE-W235BT M.A.P. $199

Alpine IVE-W530 M.A.P. $449
No pics yet worth posting

Alpine IVE-W535HD M.A.P. $699

Alpine INE-S920HD M.A.P. $999

Alpine 8" INE-Z928HD M.A.P. $1499
This is a little off-topic, but are you also a Pioneer dealer? If so, how does the Pioneer Z140BH stack up to Alpine's flagship unit?
Old 03-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #19
Jaescrub
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jaescrub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
True on the iPod control I have an older iDA head unit and love it. It great my iPod sits in my center console and I don't see or touch it till I leave the car no fumbling around with CDs or crazy small menus. I would Post a pic but tap a talk works like Sh¡t on here.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #20
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
This is a little off-topic, but are you also a Pioneer dealer? If so, how does the Pioneer Z140BH stack up to Alpine's flagship unit?
I can't stand Pioneer double DIN's, but that may just be me... so no, I'm not a Pioneer dealer. I only sell Alpine as far as head units go.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-26-2012, 01:45 AM   #21
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Quote:
I can't stand Pioneer double DIN's, but that may just be me... so no, I'm not a Pioneer dealer. I only sell Alpine as far as head units go.
Do the new Alpine units, offer voice enabled controls?
Old 03-26-2012, 02:29 AM   #22
espa.s13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
espa.s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to espa.s13 Send a message via Yahoo to espa.s13
Pm sent...
Old 03-26-2012, 03:05 AM   #23
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
Lol dammit toby, I wanted to save getting a new headunit until this summer! I may be hitting you up for one of those single din units though.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #24
Wreckless35
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Wreckless35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wreckless35
Check your pm sir...
Old 03-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #25
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Do the new Alpine units, offer voice enabled controls?
They do for placing calls via BT, but I'm not sure for navigation commands. Alpine has had NAV voice commands in the past, but not for the last few years.... it's just not a popular feature among consumers. So we'll see once the new units are released, but I doubt it will have NAV voice commands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espa.s13 View Post
Pm sent...
Replied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enna View Post
Lol dammit toby, I wanted to save getting a new headunit until this summer! I may be hitting you up for one of those single din units though.
Just do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckless35 View Post
Check your pm sir...
Replied!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #26
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Quote:
They do for placing calls via BT, but I'm not sure for navigation commands. Alpine has had NAV voice commands in the past, but not for the last few years.... it's just not a popular feature among consumers. So we'll see once the new units are released, but I doubt it will have NAV voice commands.

Replied!

Just do it

Replied!
Thanks for the info. Too bad Alpine didn't implement voice controls, like how Pioneer does. Where you can tell the unit what song to play, search for POI's, etc. Pretty convenient. I'll just have to wait, on these Alpine's to be released, to get actual specs.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #27
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Have you used a Pioneer or Sync system with voice activated commands for searching for music files etc.?

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #28
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Have you used a Pioneer or Sync system with voice activated commands for searching for music files etc.?
Not for searching music files. On my AVIC Z3, I do use it to find POI's, addresses, etc. It's not perfect, but it's better than having to manually punch in, whatever information you are seeking, while driving. After looking at the manual just now, I found out, that I can also search for playlists, and specific music tracks too. I'll give that a try today, and see how well it does.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #29
jame5x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
jame5x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Really interested in the Alpine INE-S920HD. Do you know when they are set to release? Will there be a discount for being a zilvia forum member?

Coming from having a Pioneer Avic-920bt
Old 04-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #30
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jame5x View Post
Really interested in the Alpine INE-S920HD. Do you know when they are set to release? Will there be a discount for being a zilvia forum member?

Coming from having a Pioneer Avic-920bt
All double DIN's are set to be released in June... that's the only info I have so far. As far as pricing, whatever I sell it for on here is obviously the Zilvia pricing/discount. Which will probably be somewhere between $799-$899 shipped.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Closed Thread