Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
Simon_Tang

Trader Rating: (0)
Simon_Tang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
350z Car Won't Start & No Oil Pressure Reading On Gauge

It's been a while since I've been back to this forum. Good to be back.

Anyway, I got a lot of worrying now with this car...2003 350ZSo I go to my car this morning and turn the key and my car just makes rapid clicking sounds. Car doesn't crank most of the time, but sometimes it attempts to crank and then just stops cranking and all you hear are the rapid clicking sounds.
Next thing I notice is that my oil pressure gauge needle moves about 1mm when I turn the key to on. This could mean a lot of things and I don't know if the oil pressure is actually low or the gauge went bad (which I highly doubt).

Next thing I did was opened the hood and saw that there was no oil cap...I didn't realize that I've been driving with the oil cap off since I changed the oil for about probably 3 weeks now...I was driving the car yesterday perfectly without any issues. Could this have done anything to my oil pressure? Could this have led to a vacuum "leak"? I don't know if Nissan has a ECU where if it is reading low oil pressure it won't allow the car to start. Also I'm sure oil escaped as I was driving over these 3 weeks.
What sucks is right when I started to work on the car it started to rain heavily...my life right...anyway, what I'm going to do this week is I'm going to do another oil change just to make sure I got the right amount of oil in my engine because the dipstick on the 350z is just horrible to read if I got the right oil level in my car. After that I'm going to hit the starter cause I heard that it could be something stuck within the starter and that hitting it would get it loose.

Does anyone know what else it could be? Also is there a way to increase the oil pressure? Please someone help...my life is just absolutely horrible right now and my car not working has just put the icing on the cake. Thanks for reading the post.
Simon_Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2009, 01:35 AM   #2
LayNLow
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
LayNLow is making a name for him/her selfLayNLow is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Check your battery, make sure its fully charged. To get an accurate level on your dipstick dip it in cold water and it will usually read perfect. Might take a time or two to get a good reading. Your car isnt going to have oil pressure unless the engine turns over.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:40 AM   #3
josephin510
Zilvia Junkie

josephin510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dead battery
Old 12-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
Simon_Tang

Simon_Tang is an unknown quantity at this point
On the money. I am the most pessimistic person in the world...I doubted it was the battery cause that was wishful thinking. I need to be more optimistic. Anyway, I charged the battery last night and the car turned over and I almost cried. I was like how the heck and I going to get to work. Everything in my life went to hell and now this car is giving up on me. Anyway, things are looking brighter now. Thanks for the replies, I know where I can count on for help.
Simon_Tang is offline   Reply With Quote