Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
zachariah
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
zachariah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
need help! cant get rear rotors off my z32?? whats the trick?

im putting in new rotors and i got the fronts ones on just fine i get to the back rotors and take the calipers off and try wiggle it out it seems like there is a spring or soemthing back there holding it in im guessing thats something to do with the ebrake. how do i get these off??
zachariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
make sure you have the ebrake off.
I don't think it should be too tricky to take the rotors off.
Sometimes the brakes are still "clamping" down.

Just un-bolt the calipers and wiggle the rotor off.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
well there are two very intricate techniques you can use in this occasion...

1) if you see two small threaded holes on the face of the rotor then your in luck as if yo ufind two bolts that thread into them you can do so going from side to side until the rotor pops out. *not sure if this car has these*

2) make sure the ebrake is disengaged. grab a heavy blunt object such as a hammer or baby sledge hammer. get behind the rotor. and give it some love varying from side to side until it comes off.

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 10-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I cant remember if Z32 rear brakes are the same exact drum ebrakes as R-chassis. If they are, you should clamp the drum brakes open. There is a hole in the rotor than if you have its at the bottom, you should see a gear behind the rotor. Stick a flathead and spin it till the drum brakes are loose enough to get the rotor off.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
shinobis13hb
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
shinobis13hb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
im agreeing with you
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
I cant remember if Z32 rear brakes are the same exact drum ebrakes as R-chassis. If they are, you should clamp the drum brakes open. There is a hole in the rotor than if you have its at the bottom, you should see a gear behind the rotor. Stick a flathead and spin it till the drum brakes are loose enough to get the rotor off.
shinobis13hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #6
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's a good thing you agreed with him.

I mean, the original poster has just been sitting around for the last 2 months, waiting on you to reinforce what someone else said.

Your post was truly a necessary addition to this Thread.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
LOL dummy.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote