Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 06-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #31
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
This.....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLuBA66xc0c
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #32
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
How is this more beneficial than sitting inside and doing nothing on Xbox? Just the fact that you are outside?

OP you are crazy, people have been wasting time since the beginning of time, the way they waste it is constantly changing though.

Low test scores and participation in math and science is a problem though, but not the same animal.
Participating in outside activities will usually promote athleticism and demotes sitting on the couch eating chips or playing video games all day getting skinny from not eating enough. Neither healthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
i agree with bc.

In every country Ive been in (1st, 2nd, 3rd) there are lifestyles that we consider lazy. But alot are the same lifestyles lived throughout hundreds or thousands of years. Where Im at right now, people farm a portion of the day and bullshit the majority of it. I don't consider it lazy it's just how they were brought up. Like bc said we just find new ways to waste time

The majority of the population has been and always will be unintelligent. I don't believe there was ever a point in the history of the United States that the intelligence rate was higher than it is now. I could be wrong, but I'd have a hard time believing it

I do agree with the lack of social skills because of the time spent on computer though. Especially in college. It seems most people aren't comfortable unless there is alcohol involved to lubricate the atmosphere
So then it's not getting any worse? You can't deny the ease to get entertainment, from video games or the internet, isn't a huge factor in making Americans(or any other) fatter, dumber, or lazier than before.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #33
Chuki_KA24e
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Chuki_KA24e is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
How is this more beneficial than sitting inside and doing nothing on Xbox? Just the fact that you are outside?

OP you are crazy, people have been wasting time since the beginning of time, the way they waste it is constantly changing though.

Low test scores and participation in math and science is a problem though, but not the same animal.
You Sir, are a complete fucking moron. How is it more beneficial? Lets think about this one for a quick second here. Real world skills you can actually use to feed yourself with should your government ever attempt total gun control, vs sitting on your lazy ass getting fat and learning to shoot using a video game controller. Last time I checked, no guns I have ever seen have ever had a firing system resembling anything similar to a video game controller. The only thing I can think of being similar are unmanned drones...

Piss poor attitude towards the schooling of today's youth is what's leading to low test scores. The school systems are severely flawed and over crowded to boot. Too many kids with too few teachers who hate their life of teaching is part of the problem. Parents who use absolutely no discipline in the upbringing of their children is another big one. I wouldn't want to do anything either if my parents always gave me everything I wanted and never said no.

Here's a prime example of a teacher who has Zero fucks left to give about the future of tomorrow...

High School Student, Jeff Bliss gives a lesson to his teacher at Duncanville, TX - YouTube
Chuki_KA24e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #34
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
Participating in outside activities will usually promote athleticism and demotes sitting on the couch eating chips or playing video games all day getting skinny from not eating enough. Neither healthy.
yes you are correct. However there are many intelligent people whom see outside activities as a waste of their time and prefer to plant their faces in books or computers trying to learn or solve problems. I wouldnt call these people lazy

Quote:
So then it's not getting any worse? You can't deny the ease to get entertainment, from video games or the internet, isn't a huge factor in making Americans(or any other) fatter, dumber, or lazier than before.
Absolutely obesity is an epidemic in America. In my opinion dumber and lazier not so much. With a lack of entertainment people tend to sleep or socialize with others more, they don't automatically devote that time to work. Education sadly has never been a priority in this nation reasoning why the majority of students and teachers arent motivated. There always seems to be someone trying to cut funding for it. Parents are the largest culprit imo why most students show minimal interest in education though. Look at Japan or Germany. They have all the same access to technology but their standards and emphasis on education are far above ours. So saying technology makes us fatter, dumber, and lazier doesn't really work. It seems that this is a scapegoat to say why we are sucking instead of looking deeper at ourselves as a nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuki_KA24e View Post
You Sir, are a complete fucking moron. How is it more beneficial? Lets think about this one for a quick second here. Real world skills you can actually use to feed yourself with should your government ever attempt total gun control, vs sitting on your lazy ass getting fat and learning to shoot using a video game controller. Last time I checked, no guns I have ever seen have ever had a firing system resembling anything similar to a video game controller. The only thing I can think of being similar are unmanned drones...

Piss poor attitude towards the schooling of today's youth is what's leading to low test scores. The school systems are severely flawed and over crowded to boot. Too many kids with too few teachers who hate their life of teaching is part of the problem. Parents who use absolutely no discipline in the upbringing of their children is another big one. I wouldn't want to do anything either if my parents always gave me everything I wanted and never said no.

Here's a prime example of a teacher who has Zero fucks left to give about the future of tomorrow...

High School Student, Jeff Bliss gives a lesson to his teacher at Duncanville, TX - YouTube
Let's try and stay civil. No he's not a moron. Picking up archery instead of Xbox really serves our society no better except in health terms(saving the country money of health care costs because of exercise) Reading a book inside and becoming more intelligent would do a better job of what you are explaining.
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #35
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
yes you are correct. However there are many intelligent people whom see outside activities as a waste of their time and prefer to plant their faces in books or computers trying to learn or solve problems. I wouldnt call these people lazy
Obviously. This is a do something outside/productive vs get on the net to check FB status or game thread so I assumed that goes without saying.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #36
SharkMan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (28)
SharkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Yah exactly, who needs to go out and socialize to meet people and be active when you can do that on the world devouring Facebook? I mean the life sucking structure of fb is pure genius, I've seen it take over and replicate peoples lives with the quickness. They even got it down to the drama factor, I mean to find out what your doing all your x's have to do is read your wall

And a little off topic but ya wall-e is making fun of our current ways of life, but who cares? Wall-e blows Jonny 5 would whoop his ass with the quickness.

I digress though to point out the fact that Im addressing the fact that people are living their lives more virtually then actually living but the asinine part is I'm posting this on an internet forum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Front hugs or from behind hugs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan240 View Post
The Black Star Ninja is my real father...
SharkMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #37
Akito86
Zilvia Junkie

Akito86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVirus1 View Post
You all just need to get out of America, travel. Come to Japan, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, it's different, and awesome

American ways sadly suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEG1T View Post
I've also noticed the social awkwardness of people is on the rise, there web hero's... However once you meet them in person they have little to no social skills and seem quite uncomfortable with general human interaction.

Quite sad really.
This thread it's Great! You gentleman above hit the nail perfectly, thank you!
Old 06-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #38
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
Very true, but I don''t think that is the internets' fault, that is just lazy people being lazy. The benefits of the web have far outweighed the drawbacks, imo. As for people being more socially awkward, that's just more girls for me to talk to at the bar since the guys are in playing CoD on Friday nights.

Quote:
Says the guy from "Floriduh", who is arguing over the internet about how the internet is ruining everything so he can get his jollies off. I don't know what, if anything, you said has to do with this conversation. Learning archery is a betterment to mankind??? Too bad there wasn't internet back when you were a baby, or your daddy would have known not to poke your soft spot.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #39
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
If you dont like the direction the country is going, than its up to YOU to educate your kids. Dont rely on school systems, parents should be involved too. Kids these days are raised to be pussies its sad, wheres the grit?
Old 06-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #40
Thaiboy
Zilvia Member

Thaiboy is an unknown quantity at this point
On the other hand, the internet is a pretty useful tool whether it be for finding more information (i.e. DIY's on how to install parts or diagnosis of issues), getting items from far away(overnight parts from Japan :P), or even making more real world contacts (car buddies that can help you work on your car, job hook-ups, recommended shops, etc...).

One could even say the internet is like a 240sx. There is a lot of potential, but only a few will utilize some of the many features it has to offer. Just as there are many people that are cheap and rice out 240's, there are many people that are lazy and don't take advantage of the many features that the internet brings.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #41
Chuki_KA24e
Leaky Injector

Chuki_KA24e is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Very true, but I don''t think that is the internets' fault, that is just lazy people being lazy. The benefits of the web have far outweighed the drawbacks, imo. As for people being more socially awkward, that's just more girls for me to talk to at the bar since the guys are in playing CoD on Friday nights.

Says the guy from "Floriduh", who is arguing over the internet about how the internet is ruining everything so he can get his jollies off. I don't know what, if anything, you said has to do with this conversation. Learning archery is a betterment to mankind??? Too bad there wasn't internet back when you were a baby, or your daddy would have known not to poke your soft spot.
Says the guy who apparently can't read. I never said archery was a betterment to mankind, I said it was more useful than playing video games as far as skills and life experience are concerned.

You should really think about what you say before trying to make yourself look smarter than everyone else, it just makes you look like a tool...

My dad was killed by a drunk driver 2 months before I was born, thanks for the nice comment about him though.
Chuki_KA24e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #42
Moncef
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Moncef will become famous soon enoughMoncef will become famous soon enoughMoncef will become famous soon enoughMoncef will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Internet is simply a tool. Ever see a child jam a fork into an electrical socket? Forks aren't ruining our children, our education, our future, America. No, you eat with the fucking things.

It's all in how you use it, people are free to do what they want with their time.

Schools won't raise our kids for us. The point of procreation is to instill some kind of progress or improvement over your generation and previous generations, so you should raise your children as such.
Moncef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #43
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
My dad was killed by a drunk driver 2 months before I was born, thanks for the nice comment about him though.
Shitty if true, shameless if not...

You know what the last thing that was ruining society? TV. Before that, radio. I think society can handle the internet just fine.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #44
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
the internet is just like anything. use it in moderation. but people become addicted to the escape they find in video games, memeing, and trying to be e-famous similar to how people are addicted to drugs or alcohol (minus the chemical side effects).

america's downfall is not due to the internet, it's just the effect of hegemony.

you can only be a world power for so long before your population gets greedy and cocky and starts spending money they don't have on shit they don't need. the debt catches up and no one finds your shit cute anymore.

basically, this

funny how everyone references film...
Old 06-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #45
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
This will happen
Old 06-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #46
J3123MY
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
lol everyone on here wasted time on the internet posting meaningless posts. I waste some time but a lot less than the average american. Don't want to spend my life glued to a screen.
J3123MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #47
Maikeru5
Leaky Injector

Maikeru5 is an unknown quantity at this point
There are over 315 Million people in this country, and you're worried that the couple million (mostly children) playing video games on the weekend is destroying the country?

Right.
Maikeru5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #48
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkMan View Post
Exactly... just check out our test scores all the way from k thru college just horrible. Because we are too busy eating mc donalds, playing ps3/xbox or posting on zilvia...

Some say, so we are free here. Apparently free means obese, low test scores but still happy. LoL
Is it Video games, or our overpaid unionized teachers that don't give a shit and teach kids irrelevant garbage?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #49
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeLove View Post
So I was playing Call of Duty the other day and every time you log in, it shows how many people are online. On an average weekday anywhere from 10am-5pm (PST) I have seen 350k-450k. On a weekend it jumps up to 500k+.

My concern is that all of these people are not doing ANYTHING to promote education, athleticism, etc. This is just one game on one platform. Imagine how many people are on other games, facebook, blogging, posting random shit on forums (), etc.

If you have seen the movie Idiocracy you know where this is all leading too, if you haven't, I suggest watching it.

The internet seems to be creating so many useless achievements such as facebook likes, blog subscribers, game kills, that it will only be a matter of time until the majority of society is genuinely stupid and lacks the intelligence needed to continue living.

Does anyone else feel this way or am I crazy? Or both? I see kids from other countries thriving in math and science and american kids would rather watch tv or play video games.

i am one of those 350-450k people lol... I only use my xbox at night time because it is my way of relaxing. I do not go clubbin or drinkin/partying so my way of calm down time/personal relaxation time is on my xbox especially call of duty BO2.

And i am a father of a 6 month old son and he is taken care of and is 1st priority for me and my wife
Old 07-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #50
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

tiggertsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeLove View Post
Does anyone else feel this way or am I crazy? Or both? I see kids from other countries thriving in math and science and american kids would rather watch tv or play video games.
i realize i am coming into this one late BUT ..............

in response to the OP I would suggest a read of the book 'Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business' by Neil Postman written in 1985. Neil Postman is a true prophet.

from the wiki article here.......
Amusing Ourselves to Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The essential premise of the book, which Postman extends to the rest of his argument(s), is that "form excludes the content," that is, a particular medium can only sustain a particular level of ideas. Thus Rational argument, integral to print typography, is militated against by the medium of television for the aforesaid reason. Owing to this shortcoming, politics and religion are diluted, and "news of the day" becomes a packaged commodity. Television de-emphasises the quality of information in favour of satisfying the far-reaching needs of entertainment, by which information is encumbered and to which it is subordinate."

apply that reasoning and the other concepts he lays down in this short but difficult read to other "social" technologies such as cellphones or social media sites and the train of thought is disheartening and eerie to say the least. i've read this book more than a dozen times very slowly and thoughtfully and am always amazed at how much this man saw exactly the 'idiocracy' that has come and has yet to blossom into it's true fruition. In fact I would say this book completely changed my worldview. And after every fresh reread of this book I always find a new concept or something else not noticed before.