Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #31
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
sexcii-zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
keep the [pix comn in
sexcii-zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #32
NoPistons!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NoPistons! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Been seeing that engine mount design alot lately. Looks to make life a hell of alot easier not only during fabrication but installation/removal as well.

Great job! Cxracing is always setting the bar higher and higher every year. I've been following your company for a minute now. Keep it up!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #33
akhelihoon907

Trader Rating: (0)
akhelihoon907 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cxracing.com: RB20 RB25 RB25DET Engine Transmission Mount Swap Kit 240Z 260Z 280Z

cxracing.com: RB20 RB25 RB25DET Intercooler Piping BOV kit 240Z 280Z Top Mount Turbo

DP-RB-240Z 2 piece down pipe $250 (call in)

If you have any other questions you ca call in any time.

Sales
626-575-3288

i think i might try the motor mounts what do you guys think?
akhelihoon907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #34
cxracing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (-1)
cxracing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
this is the oil pan.
cxracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #35
turbonola
Leaky Injector

turbonola is an unknown quantity at this point
blah blah blah, finish the 240sx lsx swap. tired of getting the run around
turbonola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #36
UrbanGarage
Leaky Injector

UrbanGarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Any update?????
UrbanGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:05 AM   #37
jtl260z

jtl260z is an unknown quantity at this point
This thread got me excited about this company, but I have to tell you, STAY AWAY!
I bought a turbo "kit" from CXracing that was supposed to allow me to bolt in their manifold, turbo, downpipe, etc into my 260z. 1st thing, they DO NOT stand behind their products. I realize that no turbo kit is going to be a drop in, but their kit, not even close. The manifold fit okay but didn't come with the wastegate flange welded on (as pictured). The turbo has excessive shaft play (wheel hits the compressor housing). The downpipe is 9" short from top to bottom so it wouldn't fit at all. The oil feed line and all of the turbo fittings they supplied were wrong. No coolant fittings were supplied. After multiple attempts to contact my salesperson and Kevin, I got no response at all.
So my $1200 turbo kit ended up costing me a lot more + the ton of extra fab time. It just wasn't worth it.

From my experience, Cxracing will be happy to take your money but they will do absolutely nothing but ignore you if you have an issue.

I would never consider buying another part from CXracing.

Last edited by jtl260z; 07-13-2013 at 06:08 AM..
jtl260z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #38
cxracing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtl260z View Post
This thread got me excited about this company, but I have to tell you, stay away.
I bought a turbo "kit" from CXracing that was supposed to allow me to bolt in their manifold, turbo, downpipe, etc into my 260z. 1st thing, they DO NOT stand behind their products. I realize that no turbo kit is going to be a drop in, but their kit, not even close. The manifold fit okay but didn't come with the wastegate flange welded on (as pictured). The turbo has excessive shaft play (wheel hits the compressor housing). The downpipe is 9" short from top to bottom so it wouldn't fit at all. The oil feed line and all of the turbo fittings they supplied were wrong. No coolant fittings were supplied. After multiple attempts to contact my salesperson and Kevin, I got no response at all.
So my $1200 turbo kit ended up costing me a lot more + the ton of extra fab time. It just wasn't worth it.

From my experience, Cxracing will be happy to take your money but they will do absolutely nothing but ignore you if you have an issue.

I would never consider buying another part from CXracing.
We do NOT offer any turbo kit for 260Z. all the turbo kits we advertised "Bolt on" are very specific, must be the same chassis, same motor, same tranny as we advertised, there are many difference when you doing a turbo project. you can's assume a turbo kit for a motor would fit different chassis, or a universal kit will fit all.

what turbo kit did you buy?
Old 07-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #39
jtl260z

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxracing View Post
We do NOT offer any turbo kit for 260Z. all the turbo kits we advertised "Bolt on" are very specific, must be the same chassis, same motor, same tranny as we advertised, there are many difference when you doing a turbo project. you can's assume a turbo kit for a motor would fit different chassis, or a universal kit will fit all.

what turbo kit did you buy?
I bought the kit you list on your website for the s30 with a rb25det swap. You list it as p/n trb-kit-rb-240z-mf-dp-gt35-2,oil-kit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that kit is for the 240-280z right? I had you swap the gt35 for your gt3071r and i guess that was too much for you guys to handle. After multiple messages to my salesperson, Mari, Kevin, your sales and tech department I thought someone would have contacted me but I was wrong. Great service guys!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #40
cxracing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
I bought the kit you list on your website for the s30 with a rb25det swap. You list it as p/n trb-kit-rb-240z-mf-dp-gt35-2,oil-kit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that kit is for the 240-280z right? I had you swap the gt35 for your gt3071r and i guess that was too much for you guys to handle. After multiple messages to my salesperson, Mari, Kevin, your sales and tech department I thought someone would have contacted me but I was wrong. Great service guys!
we have installed this kit many times, there is no issues. i am not going to waste more time to response. the bottom line is you only purchased the minimum parts for the swap and expect it to completely done. it does not work like that. we offer another kit with more parts and costs more money. but you did not buy that kit. our complete kit is "TRB-KIT-RB-240Z", costs $2149, you bought the kit for $1099 and expect all the things on the complete kit. it just does not work that way.

We won't response any more. waste our time.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #41
jtl260z

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxracing View Post
we have installed this kit many times, there is no issues. i am not going to waste more time to response. the bottom line is you only purchased the minimum parts for the swap and expect it to completely done. it does not work like that. we offer another kit with more parts and costs more money. but you did not buy that kit. our complete kit is "TRB-KIT-RB-240Z", costs $2149, you bought the kit for $1099 and expect all the things on the complete kit. it just does not work that way.

We won't response any more. waste our time.
To the CXRacing guy that remains nameless; I don't want your time, I just want to notify my fellow consumers of your business practices.

I have been building custom cars and motorcycles for over 25 years. I also work in the automotive industry. I am far from new to the fabricating/aftermarket performance scene.

I performed my RB25DET swap on my 260z over a year ago and I have been driving it ever since.

I used the Mckinney Motorsports mounts (great company btw) and the harness from Wiring Specialties (Yuri is the man!). Therefore I didn't need to buy your $2149 kit. I wanted what you offered in the kit I bought with only one change and that was the turbo. This is what I should have got... GT3071r turbo with oil feed/drain lines, fittings, coolant fittings, 4 bolt to v-band adapter, manifold with wastegate flange welded, 3" downpipe, and your wastegate.

What I received was a GT3071r turbo with severe shaft play, 24" feed line (won't fit unless it is routed in between and resting on the header tubes), incorrect oil feed and drain fittings (you sent me gt35 fittings not the gt3071r), the drain hose was correct (yippie!), no coolant fittings/lines at all, no 4 bolt to v-band adapter, no wastegate flange welded to the manifold, 3" downpipe that wasn't even close to fitting (if my engine was 9" lower it would work but that's impossible) and your wastegate.

From what I gathered, the quality control department over at CXRacing doesn't exist and obviously the knowledge of what they are selling is lacking as well. If someone would have taken an extra 30 seconds to check what was going with what for my application, I wouldn't be writing this. Actually, if someone would have contacted me back after I left multiple messages (weeks ago) regarding these issues, I wouldn't have wrote this.

CXRacing's customer service sucks! They will take your money and give you a 30 feet or 30 second warranty. They do not stand behind what they sell unless there is a possibility of negative feedback on Ebay. Since I made the mistake of buying direct, this is my negative feedback.

BUYERS BEWARE!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #42
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
hi, i am looking to get this turbo mani for my rb s14. I know u guys offer one without a wastegate flange and one with, the one with being a 35/38mm flange. When buying the one with, does if come welded on? Or is it just included and i have to weld it?
I tried looking for info/pictures of this mani installed on an s14 and couldnt find anything, i guess since it is still kind of newish...
I did find this thread on our fs section of a 33 which supposedly has a cxracing manifold. Is this an older design? Because it seems like the turbo sits on a different position than on your pictures on that z.

feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:46 AM   #43
jtl260z

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
hi, i am looking to get this turbo mani for my rb s14. I know u guys offer one without a wastegate flange and one with, the one with being a 35/38mm flange. When buying the one with, does if come welded on? Or is it just included and i have to weld it?
I tried looking for info/pictures of this mani installed on an s14 and couldnt find anything, i guess since it is still kind of newish...
I did find this thread on our fs section of a 33 which supposedly has a cxracing manifold. Is this an older design? Because it seems like the turbo sits on a different position than on your pictures on that z.

That manifold has been around for a while. The reason you can't find pictures of it is probably due to their reputation. Even if they tell you the wastegate flange will be welded on, you can't trust that it will be. I have heard that you can get the same quality for 1/3rd the price on Ebay from other sellers.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #44
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
well, up to what i know that is their latest design, which hasnt even been around for a year. And no, i've looked everywhere and cant find an equal length mani for this price, if u know of any please point me to it. But since you are willing to help me, than let me ask you, did u have any other issues with the mani besides the missing wg flange (was it missing or just not welded?)? like turbo hitting the valve covers or anything like that. How do the welds look? Do the runners appear to be around the same length (have u measure?)?
I didnt hear anything negative about the manifold besides the flange deal on your review, it's not like i am looking to buy a complete kit or anything.

Last edited by feito; 07-12-2013 at 08:31 AM..
Old 07-13-2013, 06:03 AM   #45
jtl260z

Quote:
well, up to what i know that is their latest design, which hasn't even been around for a year. And no, I've looked everywhere and cant find an equal length mani for this price, if u know of any please point me to it. But since you are willing to help me, than let me ask you, did u have any other issues with the mani besides the missing wg flange (was it missing or just not welded?)? like turbo hitting the valve covers or anything like that. How do the welds look? Do the runners appear to be around the same length (have u measure?)?
I didnt hear anything negative about the manifold besides the flange deal on your review, it's not like i am looking to buy a complete kit or anything.
Although my motor swap was done over a year ago, I just bought their poor excuse for a kit 3-4 weeks ago. The manifold is okay. The port job sucks. You will have to go in and clean out what they left behind. My biggest concern is about the welds more than anything else. They are not great but not terrible. The runners seem to be close to the same length and the wastegate flange came with their wastegate so I doubt it will come with the manifold. Also, what turbo are you running? There is a guy over at the Hybridz forum that bought the same kit and has the same issues as I do but he got the GT35 turbo. He says that it won't clear the strut tower unless you preposition the exhaust flange.

If you are still considering CXracing's manifold, keep in mind that you will need to do some extensive work to get it to be functional. I hope you or someone you know can TIG weld because that labor charge can get expensive.

Last edited by jtl260z; 07-13-2013 at 06:11 AM.. Reason: additions
Old 07-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #46
feito
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Although my motor swap was done over a year ago, I just bought their poor excuse for a kit 3-4 weeks ago. The manifold is okay. The port job sucks. You will have to go in and clean out what they left behind. My biggest concern is about the welds more than anything else. They are not great but not terrible. The runners seem to be close to the same length and the wastegate flange came with their wastegate so I doubt it will come with the manifold. Also, what turbo are you running? There is a guy over at the Hybridz forum that bought the same kit and has the same issues as I do but he got the GT35 turbo. He says that it won't clear the strut tower unless you preposition the exhaust flange.

If you are still considering CXracing's manifold, keep in mind that you will need to do some extensive work to get it to be functional. I hope you or someone you know can TIG weld because that labor charge can get expensive.
i'll be running a 3076r. Well, i dont expect it to be perfect, you cant expect a full race for this price lol, i cant spend thousands on a mani right now... Lets also keep in mind im working on an s14 which has a bigger bay than the s30.
Have u taken any pictures? Close up of the details would help. Thanks man.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #47
jtl260z

Quote:
i'll be running a 3076r. Well, i dont expect it to be perfect, you cant expect a full race for this price lol, i cant spend thousands on a mani right now... Lets also keep in mind im working on an s14 which has a bigger bay than the s30.
Have u taken any pictures? Close up of the details would help. Thanks man.
I do have some pictures but not of the flaws... I had a local shop weld the wastegate flange on and I cleaned out the inside issues.

For the money, it's an okay manifold. I have heard of other people having more issues than me. I think that I might have got a better one out of their bunch but that isn't saying much.

If you decide to buy their manifold, expect to have to clean and modify it. All I can say is make sure you test fit everything first and you might as well lose CXracing's contact info if there are any issues you can't fix because they won't help you.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #48
feito
Nissanaholic!

got mine about a week ago and went ahead and test fitted it while i was doing the gaskets on the stock one. Fitment is perfect, slides right in to the studs and every nut (aftermarket studs and nuts, forgot to try it with the big washers, sorry) goes on good, turbo doesnt hit anything, and it does come with the wg flange welded on.
On the other hand, their customer service is terrible. I emailed them through ebay to ask them if they did in fact have them in stock and if the wg flange came welded on, and after a few days of waiting for a reply all i get is a "yes we have it in stock"....
I also tried calling them at around 4pm. I explain my concerns to this lady on the phone and she puts me on hold, she comes back in a minute or two and tells me that it is kind of late already and all of their workers were loading everything going out that day and that they cant go check if they have any in stock, she then tells me that she can check the next day and give me a call back, which to me seemed kinda reasonable, except i never received that call...
But i still had a "yes" from their ebay seller, and i wanted it asap so i could do those gaskets on my stock one and test fit the cx one so i could return it on time if anything was bad, so i placed the order.
Shipping was fast, packaging alright.
First thing i notice when i start checking it out is the collector. It is cast iron i believe?? On all their pictures they show their collectors made of welded stainless steel pipe, they never mention it comes on this style, now i dont know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but they should mention it and update their pictures with their current design. Second, that runner on cyl 2 doesnt line up good with the collector, the rest of them seem just fine. The flanges dont seem to be flat, especially on the turbo flange, and the head to mani flange seems to be a little twisted, and i am sure the nuts and the gaskets will eliminate these problems, however i am getting mine resurfaced on all the flanges. I also dont believe this thing is a real equal length, anyone knows how to measure them? I know it is not as simple as measuring with a tape, i tried measuring it with a string putting it through every runner and they are all different, but i am sure that's not the proper way to measure it lol. The welds look just like your cheap manifold, cant complain there, they should last with proper brazing and exhaust hangers/brackets. One more thing, this thing is heavy, seems like the pipe used is in fact kinda thick.
All in all so far i am satisfy, i cant complain for a manifold of this price, im sure it'll flow much better than those 200 dollar ones, if i wanted perfection i'd go full race but i dont have 2k to throw on a manifold.
On to the good stuff.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:36 AM   #49
jtl260z

Quote:
got mine about a week ago and went ahead and test fitted it while i was doing the gaskets on the stock one. Fitment is perfect, slides right in to the studs and every nut (aftermarket studs and nuts, forgot to try it with the big washers, sorry) goes on good, turbo doesnt hit anything, and it does come with the wg flange welded on.
On the other hand, their customer service is terrible. I emailed them through ebay to ask them if they did in fact have them in stock and if the wg flange came welded on, and after a few days of waiting for a reply all i get is a "yes we have it in stock"....
I also tried calling them at around 4pm. I explain my concerns to this lady on the phone and she puts me on hold, she comes back in a minute or two and tells me that it is kind of late already and all of their workers were loading everything going out that day and that they cant go check if they have any in stock, she then tells me that she can check the next day and give me a call back, which to me seemed kinda reasonable, except i never received that call...
But i still had a "yes" from their ebay seller, and i wanted it asap so i could do those gaskets on my stock one and test fit the cx one so i could return it on time if anything was bad, so i placed the order.
Shipping was fast, packaging alright.
First thing i notice when i start checking it out is the collector. It is cast iron i believe?? On all their pictures they show their collectors made of welded stainless steel pipe, they never mention it comes on this style, now i dont know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but they should mention it and update their pictures with their current design. Second, that runner on cyl 2 doesnt line up good with the collector, the rest of them seem just fine. The flanges dont seem to be flat, especially on the turbo flange, and the head to mani flange seems to be a little twisted, and i am sure the nuts and the gaskets will eliminate these problems, however i am getting mine resurfaced on all the flanges. I also dont believe this thing is a real equal length, anyone knows how to measure them? I know it is not as simple as measuring with a tape, i tried measuring it with a string putting it through every runner and they are all different, but i am sure that's not the proper way to measure it lol. The welds look just like your cheap manifold, cant complain there, they should last with proper brazing and exhaust hangers/brackets. One more thing, this thing is heavy, seems like the pipe used is in fact kinda thick.
All in all so far i am satisfy, i cant complain for a manifold of this price, im sure it'll flow much better than those 200 dollar ones, if i wanted perfection i'd go full race but i dont have 2k to throw on a manifold.
On to the good stuff.

I just ordered my GT3076R. That turbo looks pretty sitting in your engine bay. The manifold is the only part of the kit that I used and you are correct, the flanges aren't flat. As far as equal length goes, I'm not sure either. If I would have only bought the header, I would have been okay with their crappy service. Looks like you lucked out and got one with the wastegate flange welded on.
I hope you go with a MLS gasket like a Cometic. The Chinese gaskets they supply will burn up in no time.