Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
450sx part 2

Well, after regretting selling my VH45 swap, im doing it again. Hope to have the engine back in the car this weekend. Heres the pics so far, ill update more later.

Fresh off the back of my truck

Incredibly clean

Popped of the valve cover, the old man wasnt lying about regular oil changes

Tranny is already at mazworx, should have it back by tommorow.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
mrpeepers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
mrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
niiiice piece. I really wished that they had different intake manifold setups
mrpeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
oh yea, thanks for reminding me.

This time around

Goals
350+whp
Different intake mani, ie blower/itbs/short runner plenum
Dont spin bearings
Old 08-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
David Steele
Zilvia Member

David Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the rough
I use plastic tupper ware bins for my parts too although some machine shops seem to not care about dust though.
David Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:00 PM   #5
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
heh, I love those things (tupperware bins)
Old 08-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #6
hassanbakar123
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
hassanbakar123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what transmission are you using and
are you getting a custom bell housing or a adapter plate
is it going into a s13/s14 or something else
hassanbakar123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #7
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Using mazworx moded bellhousing and adapter plate. Its going into my s14.

this is what the last one i did looked like

Old 08-28-2008, 06:10 PM   #8
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That's gonna be stupid quick!

I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #9
xplicit240
Zilvia Addict

xplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to xplicit240
you actually gonna go through with it this time?! you broke my heart with the last one
Old 08-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #10
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
wow. I'm gonna be ignorant here.

Is that a Q45 motor??

haha...that is awesome.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #11
PhAtXSuMo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
PhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PhAtXSuMo
wow.... just fucking wow! keep us updated!
SuMo Review
http://phatxsumo.mybrute.com Pupil Me
PhAtXSuMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #12
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl wasabi View Post
wow. I'm gonna be ignorant here.

Is that a Q45 motor??

haha...that is awesome.
yea, totally luxury
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:33 PM   #13
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
what kind of power are these engines capable of if built from the bottom up and turbo'd? Personally I've never seen a VH45 with twin turbos', someone feel free to pm me pics or links though.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:16 PM   #14
240sxaddict
Leaky Injector

240sxaddict is making a name for him/her self240sxaddict is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeshemp44 View Post
what kind of power are these engines capable of if built from the bottom up and turbo'd? Personally I've never seen a VH45 with twin turbos', someone feel free to pm me pics or links though.
Nissan VH45 turbo boat- Video

sorry, I had to.
240sxaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #15
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
JAYSUS!!!

That boat can scoot! I wonder what it would be like riding a tube behind that monster?

Quote:
Quote:
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #16
scweet1
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
scweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Good Luck On th Build. Sounds like its going to be a beast!
scweet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #17
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
also next time around some of you guys should look into the Y33 Cima V8.............

you will see the notiable improvements over the presedent motor.....................
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #18
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
goddammit Jerry, make up your mind for engine already!

what happened to the sr you had going on?
Old 08-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #19
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
SICK MAN.. how much did you pay for it?
((sr)) kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #20
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ((sr)) kelly View Post
SICK MAN.. how much did you pay for it?

I get these for free lol

Some vids of the first time out with the last VH in the car not the current one, for those that dont know, the other one blew up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_yc20EKC6U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FCIcZ_3qs0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f55mn5OA34U

In my neighborhood open headers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOKsRvzvofA

Last edited by gsracer; 08-28-2008 at 08:36 PM..
gsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #21
intel
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
intel is making his/her stupidity well-knownintel is making his/her stupidity well-knownintel is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
step pops owns a junk yard i believe right? per last thread... man that car was soo swwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeet .
intel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #22
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
I get these for free lol

Some vids of the first time out with the car

YouTube - 450sx

YouTube - 450sx part 2

YouTube - GSRACER

In my neighborhood open headers

YouTube - vh45 s14 first drive
:Skeetskeet:

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 08-28-2008, 10:31 PM   #23
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
just wondering im not sure on this but that engine looks like its about the same size as the titan engine?? if so why not use that one?
dirtdiggler666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:33 PM   #24
s14>integra
Zilvia Member

s14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enough
that is just beast. i remember your last thread and i couldnt believe you sold then motor, but now that i know you get them for free i understand why. haha. im lookin forward to this build thread.

+1 for sure
s14>integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #25
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
snazzy, i like v8 swaps in 240's. as long as its a nissan v8. Keep us posted.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:04 PM   #26
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Excellent! SOOOO happy you decided to go back to a beastly motor setup... I remember seeing your header build-up, and loving it.

Keep it up, you've got a hot Zenki fo sho.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:07 PM   #27
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
mmm mmm toasty...

This is gonna be sweet. I can tell. GL bro.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:21 PM   #28
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
whereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to whereda40at
damn thats cool as shit. keep up the good work.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:30 PM   #29
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
oh yea, thanks for reminding me.

This time around

Goals
350+whp
Different intake mani, ie blower/itbs/short runner plenum
Dont spin bearings

pm me and lets swap info I have a lot of info to share on this with the Y33 CIMA V8.
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:32 PM   #30
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to JRas
subscribed and excited

kinda wish it was a VK56DE though.. just because I know you'd get it done right