Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: What do you think of Prop 8?
Yes no same sex marriage 67 41.88%
NO let there be same sex marriage 93 58.13%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 03:42 AM   #91
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
I'm now against gay marriages and civil unions becuz they are expensive.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:27 AM   #92
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
So true... to elaborate:

This is not (all) about religion, it's about money.

For every die-hard gay-hating right-wing Christian out there voting against gay marriage, there's 10 middle of the road conservatives that don't want to extend health benefits/etc to same sex partners, for $$$ reasons.

No one's saying homosexuals can't love each other, live with each other, and be free from persecution. They're just saying they don't recognize them as marriages, and therefore don't give their Civil Union the legal benefits of marriage... that's what they're fighting for.

For what it's worth, my girlfriend's mom came out a loooooonng time ago, and my g/f grew up with 2 moms. They both love her, she's totally normal, and doesn't think everyone has to be gay. Sadly, she's not attracted to chicks much at all :/
not really, its more like for ever 1 right wing christian there is .72 'middle of the road' other wise when the vote was on the ballets... the 'christian' vote would of lost and not have been overturned by 4 'renegade' judges.

anyways has ANYONE actually READ Prop 8? It says nothing about churches being forced to accept gay marriages, or anything about gay losing rights.

Proposition 8 - Title and Summary - Voter Information Guide 2008

READ THE TEXT OF THE PROP!

Last edited by irax; 10-16-2008 at 04:56 AM..
Old 10-16-2008, 05:33 AM   #93
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
"We should not accept a court decision that may result in public schools teaching our kids that gay marriage is okay."

Yeah. God forbid we teach our children to be accepting, forgiving, and open minded. Jesus would have hated that...
Old 10-16-2008, 06:54 AM   #94
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Is gay marriage good or bad for the economy?
Old 10-16-2008, 09:02 AM   #95
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Who cares anymore. I'm so sick of hearing about "issues" that really aren't "issues". It's all a distraction. Marriage is so over rated and doomed for failure anyway. You should be able to marry what ever you want...same sex, car, dog, cat, whatever. I could see a few of you marrying your cars lol.

WHO CARES.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #96
neoninja
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
neoninja is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikNspan View Post
fuck you. that is all.

oh yeah, and fuck the op for even starting this thread and also for telling me to be pc.

^^ that's just ignorant

Remember guys.... it's church AND state. You say that that church can't push their beliefs, but look what you are doing. Now state is pushing the church. We gotta work together and remember that we both have as much right and freedom. Why demonize someone because they don't believe in Homosexuality? People like to say they are so tolerant and they support gay-marriage blah blah... if that's the case then you should have nothing to say to people who feel opposite about it.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #97
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
My 2c:

The marriage this proposition is discussing is *legal* marriage. That is, one performed by a justice of the peace, not one performed by a priest/rabbi. Religious marriages are legal too, it's just that this proposition has no effect on those (i.e. there won't be any rule forcing a priest/church to perform a gay marriage).

As far as gay marriage is concerned to me, I don't really care. Not letting people legally bind themselves to one another isn't going to mean a whole lot. This is one of those situations where gay folks only stand to gain. If the prop succeeds, then they're in the same exact spot they were. If it fails, then that opens the door for them to legally bind themselves to one another.

As far as I'm concerned, let them. In the end, it makes no difference to me. Gay people are going to be gay, regardless of how bad people make them feel, or how much legislation or moral condemnation is levied against them. It's not so much that they're looking to be sexual deviants or have a desire to differ from the norm - it's just that their brains are wired differently.

While it's true that homosexuality isn't an ideal of nature (in so much that humans require a male and female to further the species), I don't think that their refusal to be attracted to the opposite sex is necessarily an indication of inferiority or deviance. Just because a minority of the population decides to not procreate in a natural fashion doesn't mean that the species is in any danger of dying off.

That leads us to adoption by gay couples, but that's an entirely different can of worms and a discussion all its own.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #98
xpl2007
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
xpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Thank god most of you don't vote fo real! We will see how you feel when you have children.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #99
vodka2
BANNED

Trader Rating: (18)
vodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I got a little sister.. if she comes home talking about its okay for a princess and a princess or a prince and prince to marry ill smack her and the teacher LOL....
Old 10-16-2008, 06:46 PM   #100
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
^^^YUH LULZ

"17. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

16. Gay culture is a new fad created by the liberal media to undermine long-standing traditions. We know this is true because gay sex did not exist in ancient Greece and Rome.

15. There are plenty of straight families looking to adopt, and every unwanted child already has a loving family. This is why foster care does not exist.

14. Conservatives know best how to create strong families. That is why it is not true that Texas and Mississippi have the highest teen birthrates, and Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire have the lowest. This is a myth spread by the liberal media.

13. Marriage is a religious institution, defined by churches. This is why atheists do not marry. Christians also never get a divorce.

12. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why our society has no single parents.

11. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

10. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

9. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

8. Gay marriage should be decided by the people and their elected representatives, not the courts. The framers checked the courts, which represent mainstream public opinion, with legislatures created to protect the rights of minorities from the tyranny of the majority. Interference by courts in this matter is inappropriate, just as it has been every time the courts have tried to hold back legislatures pushing for civil rights.

7. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because "separate but equal" institutions are a good way to satisfy the demands of uppity minority groups.

5. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

4. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

3. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

2. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

1. METEORS and VOLCANOES."
Old 10-16-2008, 08:09 PM   #101
brian(na8c)

brian(na8c) is an unknown quantity at this point
good grief, the fact is marriage has ALWAYS been defined as a union between a male and a female..Always.. gays can do whatever they want and get whatever benefits they want.. just dont call it marriage, because ITS NOT!! Its not the taking away of rights, its the defining of a traditional past time.

ITS LIKE THE GUY WHO PUTS TRAYS UNDER THE REAR WHEELS OF HIS CIVIC and shows up at drift day and swears he's drifting... Dude, take it to a parking lot, do it all you want, but dont call it drifting! And dont force us to accept it!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #102
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian(na8c) View Post
good grief, the fact is marriage has ALWAYS been defined as a union between a male and a female..Always.. gays can do whatever they want and get whatever benefits they want.. just dont call it marriage, because ITS NOT!! Its not the taking away of rights, its the defining of a traditional past time.

ITS LIKE THE GUY WHO PUTS TRAYS UNDER THE REAR WHEELS OF HIS CIVIC and shows up at drift day and swears he's drifting... Dude, take it to a parking lot, do it all you want, but dont call it drifting! And dont force us to accept it!
If a guy tray sliding at the track could keep up with everyone else.

I wouldn't mind them tagging along.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:10 PM   #103
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
One of my Aunt's is gay, and her and her partner adopted a child back in the 70's, raised her to be a perfectly normal woman.
I also have a friend that is gay, and has three adopted boys who are all three brothers. They came from a fucked up family in east la where the dad was beating on everyone. He is a single parent, is a professional and has provided the best environment for these kids. It amazes me how people are so paranoid about kids being made aware of homosexuality in school, when it is perfectly okay and proven that gays can adopt and successfully raise children.
I don't see the religious right fighting gay adoption. So what are they crying about? They should be cleaning their own house with the HUNDREDS of MILLIONS paid out to sexual assault victims in the catholic church! And Archdiocese Cardinal Mahoney kept hiding those GAY bastards out in different churches and hiding the records of these sick bastards of god. The Catholic institution has single handedly done more damage to it's followers than gay marriage or teaching kids about gayness ever will.
Then again, while i do believe in equal rights, i do not like to see the Constitution being modified. Because it paves the way for government to abuse their power.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #104
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
^^Aunts, not Aunt's.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #105
180f!xherUp

180f!xherUp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
why not let them get married? Its making it out to be some religious thing... But oh wait, whats that one thing called... oh yeah, the CONSTITUTION. What ever happened to seperation of church and state. In the purely constitutional sense in looking at it, there's no reason. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Its 2 consenting adults, let them do what they want to.

And if it wasnt for the gay guys, I'd have no idea how to look good on a date.

LOL.... i agree, except the last part...
Old 10-17-2008, 08:23 PM   #106
Baron Fel
Leaky Injector

Baron Fel is making a name for him/her selfBaron Fel is making a name for him/her self
I like how everyone quoting the bible believes it is law... The bible was written by men with opinions same as everyone here but it certainly does not mean they were right.

now accepting funds for the LS1 swap!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:32 PM   #107
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hitman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipTiedCoupe View Post
^~~Wrong. Bible says as the 2nd greatest commandment that you are to love thy neighbor. Also talks about marriage as a sacred covenant and should be shared by a MAN AND A WOMAN. You can love people, but you dont hav to love what they do.

lol, the constitution was drafted by Christians.

Christians, Me being one, believe in no homosexual marriages. I know its not right.

I voted against Homosexual Marriages.
not all the founders of the constitution were christians. a few of them were deists- hamilton and franklin for example.

if you dont believe in god i dont see how you could vote yes on this.
im voting no, i dont give a shit if they get married or not.
im sure it would make gay people a lot more happy than it would make conservative straight people unhappy.
furthermore if you seriously have a problem with this, you have no problems, and might be retarded.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:35 PM   #108
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
one thing that pisses me off is when people say "what about the children?" "children need a mom and a dad"
THE HOME IS THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE FOR WOMEN AND CHILDREN
in other words, the "home" is fucked up as it is, as a matter of fact, if you are a child it is more dangerous than any other place in society.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #109
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
One in two hetero marriages end up in divorce anyway. Many of my friends have divorced parents (including mine). So where the hell is the sanctity in all of it anyway?
The funny thing i find about religions around the globe is that they truly believe that they have evolved socially and can go no further.
Tolerance across the board is what makes this country the most desirable place to be,........ when Wall Street isn't fucking with it anyway.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #110
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
look it's like this, religion created and defined Marriage. While at the same time non-religious couple get married. But to change the definition of Marriage to include same sex is against the definition. It's like saying black is NOT white, but then to turn around to say black IS white only because people want it to be. It doesn't matter who or what the group is about and the fact of the matter is they want to change the definition to be against it's original definition.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:08 PM   #111
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

but... people made up religion! thus people made up marriage! doh!
Old 10-18-2008, 01:47 AM   #112
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
I'm voting No.

I've got a few gay friends that are gettin married in a few days actually, and i fully support em.

I hate seeing that 'Yes on 8' and 'Save Marriage' posters. Discrimination at its best.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #113
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman View Post
but... people made up religion! thus people made up marriage! doh!
if that's how you want to look at it that's fine, but if you can not respect people choice in beliefs (no matter how 'fucked' up a specific views maybe, or how invalid you 'know' it is) then how can you expect them to be so tolerant?

also marriage is unnatural not every creature chooses a single mate for life. And humans by nature do not want to be monogamous.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #114
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Wow this poll is closer than I thought it would be... I better go vote.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #115
OMGYO
Leaky Injector

OMGYO will become famous soon enoughOMGYO will become famous soon enoughOMGYO will become famous soon enough
Basically, if this does not pass, they will be teaching same sex marriage to children in school. When I say children, I mean kindergartners and elementary students. That exact thing is already happening in other states.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:30 PM   #116
luftrofl
Zilvia Junkie

luftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGYO View Post
Basically, if this does not pass, they will be teaching same sex marriage to children in school. When I say children, I mean kindergartners and elementary students. That exact thing is already happening in other states.
-Then all of the children will become gay and will not procreate!

It's the secret, liberal, gay agenda to kill off society by making everybody gay!
Old 10-18-2008, 03:26 PM   #117
vodka2
BANNED

Trader Rating: (18)
vodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Hahahahahaha ^^^^^^^
Old 10-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #118
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGYO View Post
wow you just smoke the propaganda pipe bigtime. Put down the crack pipe! back away from your computer. You need to go outside and start reading real books. Everything on the internet is not true. Everything in TV commercials are not true. Start thinking for yourself. You have become a senseless bot who believes everything thats feed to him.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 10-18-2008, 03:40 PM   #119
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
You know it's funny, my daughter is kindergarten righ tnow, and she's never come home talking about marriage. Same sex or not.

If they aren't teaching marriage now, why would they start?

Paranoid bigots.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:40 PM   #120
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I dono about you guys, but i remember nothing about being taught about marriage in school.

edit: damnit thatguy beat me, but not by much
Closed Thread