Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 07:37 PM   #31
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Hahahah I was looking at the car port and was like damn that looks really fucking familiar. Wait that's the Hansen fucking hobby shop. With my old battalion HQ in the background. Better dead than 3rd med. With the Palms next to it. Does fat Chris and Richard still work over at the hobby shop?

Your build looks sick....

GL with it man.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #32
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
Hahahah I was looking at the car port and was like damn that looks really fucking familiar. Wait that's the Hansen fucking hobby shop. With my old battalion HQ in the background. Better dead than 3rd med. With the Palms next to it. Does fat Chris and Richard still work over at the hobby shop?

Your build looks sick....

GL with it man.
Chris went back to the states a while back like a long while, but we are pretty good friends and stay in touch. Richard is runninghis own shop out in town now.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:47 AM   #33
Jakob
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
more engine pic!!
Old 08-25-2007, 04:16 AM   #34
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
shits pimp
but the rear flares dont like have any function
i dont get it?
Old 08-25-2007, 04:32 AM   #35
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
my hats off to you, im very jealous, congrats on a good project i look forward to seeing more
Old 08-25-2007, 04:41 AM   #36
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Grendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks great dude, keep us updated
Old 08-25-2007, 06:45 AM   #37
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
So i take it this is a drag car since you completely destroyed the squish area on the head?

Props on the build though. very nice. Personally I would have replaced the sheet metal with new pieces instead of adding weight with filler.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:45 AM   #38
Quigs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Quigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Dude, awesome looking build. Cant wait to see more!
Old 08-25-2007, 08:33 AM   #39
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
shits pimp
but the rear flares dont like have any function
i dont get it?
The flares allow for the wider wheels and the vertical travel of those wheels. They will be covered by the wide body kit, I could not cut the fenders because inspection regs in Japan do not allow it.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:39 AM   #40
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
So i take it this is a drag car since you completely destroyed the squish area on the head?

Props on the build though. very nice. Personally I would have replaced the sheet metal with new pieces instead of adding weight with filler.
I did sheet metal but it turned out wrong so I removed it. That is fiberglass, not solid filler so the weight difference is trivial at best and makes no difference. The sheet metal blocked certain holoes that were in close interval to the headlight cradle. The fiberglass was easily contoured and blended to work with that obstacle.

Destroyed squish???? Are you nuts? That was done by Nagoya Precision with a tried and proven CNC program. But yes this car is meant to go fast and maintain high RPM, Drag would be cool but I ma thinking more along the lines of Silver State Classic.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:44 AM   #41
yojimbo206
Leaky Injector

yojimbo206 is on a distinguished road
that valve cover is doppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeee
Old 08-25-2007, 08:50 AM   #42
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to liv2drift045 Send a message via MSN to liv2drift045
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Ive been looking at your car pixs at the yon
i haven't got a chance to check them out myself... my current internet connection prevents me but the project sounds kicka$$ from the parts list

GL
Old 08-25-2007, 09:35 AM   #43
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Cool looking build.

At first when I saw the title, I thought it'd be some n00b with an s13.5 and rb25...hahaha.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:59 AM   #44
unicoladron
Zilvia Junkie

unicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choices
this is an amazing build, you obviously know what you are doing, can't wait to see more pics

*subscribed*
Old 08-25-2007, 10:53 AM   #45
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
SUBSCRIBED!!!!

I saw the engine cover, and I knew this was gonna be bad ass. KEEP IT UPDATED!

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:03 AM   #46
BobbyDigi
Zilvia Member

BobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post

Removing the Quench zone (as you guys call it, the "squish area") allows for easier sweep through cycle. Yes, alot of drag racers fuck with that area of the head. BUT, they also do alot more than just remove the quench zone (they also add material to divorce the valves). If you ever go to the funny car or rai lcar races, you will see, that they always hide the heads or cover them with towels. They are quite secret and make a huge difference in the way a car performs, yes, maybe its only an extra 60 hp on a 3,000 hp motor... but ... wouldn't that still be "an edge"? (rhetorical)

My KAT s14 is a drift car. It has the quench zones removed. (it also has 10.14 : 1 compression YIKES!!!)... it works just fine!

either way, nice build
Old 08-25-2007, 11:21 AM   #47
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
your build is really something we can all admire.

most of us..when we first get a car, dream up all these ideas on what modifications we want to perform. a good amount of them never get the chance to become reality.

you, are living that dream.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:52 AM   #48
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

twofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
Cool looking build.

At first when I saw the title, I thought it'd be some n00b with an s13.5 and rb25...hahaha.
I was thinking the same thing when I looked at the title before I opened it.

Dude I hate you (out of jealousy) and want to be you at the same time. Your fusing my 2 favorite cars. WOW you suck at life. Can't wait to see this thing together..............

Boost Coming soon...
Old 08-25-2007, 12:05 PM   #49
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
I love ground up builds! This looks very promising - the paint on the RB is beautiful!
Old 08-25-2007, 12:06 PM   #50
wrapmeup2005
Zilvia Junkie

wrapmeup2005 is a splendid one to beholdwrapmeup2005 is a splendid one to beholdwrapmeup2005 is a splendid one to beholdwrapmeup2005 is a splendid one to beholdwrapmeup2005 is a splendid one to beholdwrapmeup2005 is a splendid one to beholdwrapmeup2005 is a splendid one to beholdwrapmeup2005 is a splendid one to beholdwrapmeup2005 is a splendid one to beholdwrapmeup2005 is a splendid one to beholdwrapmeup2005 is a splendid one to behold
Great job man, your doing things right from the beginning. Good luck with everything and finish it up right. Keep us updated!!
Old 08-25-2007, 12:16 PM   #51
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
wow your doing some quality work to that car....please keep us updated and good luck with the project!
Old 08-25-2007, 12:17 PM   #52
shift_boost

shift_boost is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow......sick build dude. I can't wait to see it finished.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:22 PM   #53
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You sir have just raised the bar
Old 08-25-2007, 03:45 PM   #54
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I bet that car loooked KILLER when it was still together.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:53 PM   #55
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I bet that car loooked KILLER when it was still together.
Not Really. It looked like shit. I picked it up from a garage out in town without a motor and drive train (pretty much a rolling chasis) it had faded ass paint and four different shocks and springs (stock, tein, some off brand and an HKS if I remember correctly) we put it on four donuts and trucked it to the garage with the GTR rear end that will be put in it. Once I got to the garage I stripped the remaining of the car down and got started so the crap condition of the exterior did not do it any further injustice. To my surprise there was very little rust to deal with which made my life easy enough.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:57 PM   #56
Lordrandall
Zilvia Member

Lordrandall is making a name for him/her selfLordrandall is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via ICQ to Lordrandall Send a message via AIM to Lordrandall Send a message via MSN to Lordrandall Send a message via Yahoo to Lordrandall
Nice looking build so far. Love the Valve Cover.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:59 PM   #57
slow40
Zilvia Junkie

slow40 will become famous soon enoughslow40 will become famous soon enoughslow40 will become famous soon enoughslow40 will become famous soon enoughslow40 will become famous soon enough
very nice indeed, cant wait for more updates!
Old 08-25-2007, 04:09 PM   #58
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
Not Really. It looked like shit. I picked it up from a garage out in town without a motor and drive train (pretty much a rolling chasis) it had faded ass paint and four different shocks and springs (stock, tein, some off brand and an HKS if I remember correctly) we put it on four donuts and trucked it to the garage with the GTR rear end that will be put in it. Once I got to the garage I stripped the remaining of the car down and got started so the crap condition of the exterior did not do it any further injustice. To my surprise there was very little rust to deal with which made my life easy enough.
nah... i mean.... when it was bright red with BN Sports and sweet ORC stuff on it. and Ganadors!
Old 08-25-2007, 05:14 PM   #59
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
nah... i mean.... when it was bright red with BN Sports and sweet ORC stuff on it. and Ganadors!
Oh Duh You are talking about what it looked like when Stock Garage had it. It was a really nice car back then.

Then Michiya got his hands on it and voila!!! EL POS Express.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #60
xblack240x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
xblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xblack240x
Wow great build-up thread... Clean motor, that radiator is THICKKK... Anyways good luck with the build and keep us updated..
Closed Thread