Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:45 PM   #1
unicoder
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
unicoder is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
KA Head gasket oversize? Valve Stem Seals?

My block is bored .030 over, I remember from my old mitsu days that there were tolerances on if you needed an OS Headgasket or not.

Can I grab a regular size felpro at autozone or will I need to get something specific for this one?

As for valve stem seals, the parts store is only showing one set, are both intake/exhaust seals the same for a ka24de?

When I searched I was finding loads of info about how to replace these things but not about these specific questions. Thank you

5.3 V8 Swap w/ Nitrous
unicoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2018, 08:09 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Really ask yourself if you need an oversized gasket for oversized pistons.

the fucking answer is obviously yes.

Also, I do believe the valve seals are all the same. Jump on 240sxmotoring and just order the supertech ones.
tuzzio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:28 AM   #3
unicoder
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
unicoder is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Tuzzio I know that the pistons don’t come out of the bore, and I know that a lot of the time the head gaskets run a little larger than the bore.

I don’t want to run a multi layer gasket either so I’m not seeing over sized options with the factory replacement gaskets. That’s why I asked here because I think I should be finding them but I am not

5.3 V8 Swap w/ Nitrous
unicoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:01 PM   #4
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
You need an oversized one to match the oversized pistons.

Cometic makes oversized ones. I have one in my KA.

Yes all valve seals are the same.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:31 PM   #5
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I did a 20 overbore and had room to go on the stock headgasket you wont need an oversized one

my block was decked and my pistons actually protrude from the bores and it had ample room for that as well

and the seals are the same any gasket kit will give u 16 of the same Viton valve stem seals