Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #301
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to kuruptR
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Got the engine bay painted, but the body shop did a shit job.. Gonna have to take it else where.

Fuck I hate hand polishing shit, so fuckin hard.

Black -> Red.... Have you guys seen the nismo s15? the Nismo valve cover is wrinkle red with a nismo plate on it, tried to go for that look. Except this wrinkle is shinny...ugh.

Cleaned up the bay a little, this is what it came out like... its not half bad. I swapped the BOV's, Re-did the pipes, new rad hoses etc.

Carbing bar with BMC Stopper, so sweet!!!! but large $$$

Having A.D.D. I cant do one job at a time LOL

soo I did 3 coats, Prewax cleaner, Glaze, NXT wax. Tired.

Next up.
Zilvia Calendar pics, get to try out my new Canon 17-40mm 1:4 L.
z32 BMC
R32 Rear Caliper / E-brake
Front Subframe - Replace / Strip / Powder
Rear Subframe - Replace / Strip / Powder Complete bushing install, gotta wait a while for them to finish the powdering it.
Powder (front control arms / sway bars / get and powder nismo power brace)
Clean up the Rear Brake swap (new rotors, remove dust sheild, possibly replace calipers)
kuruptR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2008, 01:27 PM   #302
Style
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Style is on the path to ruinStyle is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
what throttle body are you using??
Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:27 PM   #303
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
MotoRex used to do all their valvecovers like that when they did swaps... back in the day.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #304
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Style View Post
what throttle body are you using??
Stock S14 TB, having a hard time finding S14 SR20DE N/A TB.

I wanna make the engine bay cleaner(more visually appealing), anytips?
Old 09-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #305
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I liked it better when it was silver. you could SEE more in there.
Now that it is black, it seems more dark and scary
Old 09-24-2008, 01:44 PM   #306
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
git rid of that blue pulley. Stands out like a sore thumb.
maybe change the color of the IC piping?
Old 09-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #307
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed180 View Post
git rid of that blue pulley. Stands out like a sore thumb.
maybe change the color of the IC piping?
Not many people with an ARC pully, I just got it cause of its RARITY. I was thinking black pipes, but my buddy just did it...its not that hype.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #308
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
regardless of rarity, it clashes with the red, IMO.
Not trying to call you out on it, was just an idea.
did Pat do black pipes?
Old 09-24-2008, 01:57 PM   #309
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed180 View Post
regardless of rarity, it clashes with the red, IMO.
Not trying to call you out on it, was just an idea.
did Pat do black pipes?
Lol yeah, stupid pully, but i got the blue earls clamps!

Pat annodized I/c and pipes. Kinda turned me off when I saw it. They would be gangster if I got them painted or something... but paint wont last it will get scratched and what not.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:01 PM   #310
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Hmm, I haven't seen Pat's new set-up.
I guess paint would scratch on the IC pipes.
Nonetheless, your car and bay look good.
Pretty much the inspiration for my car, although I'm still trying to be unique.
Good luck!
Old 09-24-2008, 02:04 PM   #311
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
looks good def one of my favorite 13's.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:07 PM   #312
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
mm i liked the silver engien bay w/ black valve cover way more
looked awesome

not saying this is bad though

as always great work!
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #313
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
The black and red is a much cleaner look IMO.

Black and silver looked more dirty.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #314
CylonFrakker
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
CylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CylonFrakker
one of the best build threads ever. now tell me about that wrinke finish? powder coat or paint?

UGR.....SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES....
CylonFrakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:00 PM   #315
nor-caljdm
Leaky Injector

nor-caljdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn I wish I had your whole car
nor-caljdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #316
nor-caljdm
Leaky Injector

nor-caljdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruptR View Post
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Got the engine bay painted, but the body shop did a shit job.. Gonna have to take it else where.

Fuck I hate hand polishing shit, so fuckin hard.

Black -> Red.... Have you guys seen the nismo s15? the Nismo valve cover is wrinkle red with a nismo plate on it, tried to go for that look. Except this wrinkle is shinny...ugh.

Cleaned up the bay a little, this is what it came out like... its not half bad. I swapped the BOV's, Re-did the pipes, new rad hoses etc.

Carbing bar with BMC Stopper, so sweet!!!! but large $$$

Having A.D.D. I cant do one job at a time LOL

soo I did 3 coats, Prewax cleaner, Glaze, NXT wax. Tired.

Next up.
Zilvia Calendar pics, get to try out my new Canon 17-40mm 1:4 L.
z32 BMC
R32 Rear Caliper / E-brake
Front Subframe - Replace / Strip / Powder
Rear Subframe - Replace / Strip / Powder Complete bushing install, gotta wait a while for them to finish the powdering it.
Powder (front control arms / sway bars / get and powder nismo power brace)
Clean up the Rear Brake swap (new rotors, remove dust sheild, possibly replace calipers)
that is the exact look that I want how much money did u put in that?
nor-caljdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #317
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
haha what a fuck tart

if you dont know, you cant afford it.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #318
Landers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hahahaahah how much you ask??? Way more than you think.

this car is legit
Old 09-24-2008, 09:32 PM   #319
Black240Ct
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Black240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Black240Ct
props on the tomei manifold. i love that thing
Black240Ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:58 AM   #320
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Personally I liked the silver engine bay better, since you can spot leaks and what not on silver better than black.

The red valve cover would have been 100x better if it wasn't shiny though

Flat wrinkled red valve cover + silver engine bay would have been EPIC WIN, but shiny red wrinkled valve cover + black engine bay is still WIN.

Good job yet again man
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:13 PM   #321
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Got that New Z32 1" Cylinder put it, with purp. fluid!

Got these nasty things put on, very time consuming. importnut.net for install guide.

Got a chance to put in some extra speakers, getting annoyed of the sqeeking. I made a little carbon plate and mounted them on it, they sound great as there right next to your ears. Wicked spot to mount your speakers if you removed your speaker trays in the back.
I gotta clean up the wiring still.

See no where else to mount speakers. New Cusco rear tower bar replacing a no-name I had. Ditched the battery box for the street, it was creeking and shit.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #322
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Damn, looking good as usual.

I need to get off my ass and clean my shit up.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #323
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I dig the new V/C.
The Red Wrinkle looks clean....too bad its not matte.
Looks very neat though man.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #324
iheartmysil80
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
iheartmysil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I like the stickers on the roll cage =) Actually. I like the whole car. Good job with the re-build. Keep it up.
iheartmysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:59 PM   #325
derek_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
derek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to derek_s13
i agree with nismo s15-style valve cover.

the nismo D1SL s15 had that same motor as well, right?

the likeness and homage it pays to that car far surpasses any "color-clashing" or feng shui bullshit.

keep it wrinkle red.
derek_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:45 PM   #326
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Found some pics of it with TE's. I dont rock these on the street, they have some mad flat spots from the last track day.

Next up, Front and rear subframe, getting them stripped and powderd... Should be back in two weeks.

Last edited by kuruptR; 12-16-2014 at 01:55 PM..
Old 09-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #327
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Dude your shit is looking so hott mhmmm =]
Old 09-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #328
Charlie
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (35)
Charlie is on the path to ruinCharlie is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Nice car
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #329
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
I see the Carbing FSTB with the S14SR how did you get it to fit? I had to build spacers even with the Kazama mounts on my buddies car. You look like you have plenty of room.
Great build by the way...I love the look!

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #330
bribot
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
bribot will become famous soon enoughbribot will become famous soon enoughbribot will become famous soon enoughbribot will become famous soon enoughbribot will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
did you cut the front bumper?