Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Archive and FAQs

Archive and FAQs Archives and Frequently Asked Questions about the 240SX are in here.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
The [OFFICIAL] How To Search! *Approved*

HOW TO SEARCH!

So, there have been tons of retarded threads that all have been covered over the tides of time, but seems like you chumps can’t search. My gift to you, Grasshopper, how to search and correctly find your answer. The internet is full of BS, and golden information, sifting thru the information is something you should have learned in High School.

First and foremost, have you searched before? Do you know what to look for? Are there any other names the part in question has gone by?

If you've got the FSM, more power to you. Flip thru the right sections, and find the specific part name.

It’s 2007, IE is dead, long live Firefox!

Now, lets start by clicking the awesome Search Button that Zilvia offers.

Type out what you’re looking for, in this case, we’ll use White Bunny Special.

[*]One really helpful tip, instead of using a space, use a hyphen. Zilvia Search Engine doesn't like hyphens, but a vast majority of other ones do. The search engine will look for the said term as a whole, White-Bunny-Special, rather than individual terms; White, Bunny, and Special.

Hit that magic button, or hit enter, and prepare to be AMAZED!

The top 3 things you should make note of when searching are pointed out.
1) Thread Name (Does the thread name ask the same question you just searched for?

2) Was it a popular enough thread? (Note, most high post count threads are just filled with valuable information. Emphasis on MOST)

3) Where is the thread located? (Most important threads have been, or are in the process of being moved to our Archives, where they live on FOREVER!)

Make sure you’re opening the threads in a New Tab, as to not lose the Search page.

Find what you’re looking for? Great. Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Boohoo, next step.

Once you’ve searched for those terms to no avail, proceed to Google.com, or any of your other favorite search engines.

Exact same thing, hyphen > space bar.

Can’t find it, reword it, or add other keyterms, in this case, White Bunny Special was mentioned to be a clutch setup, so lets use ‘Clutch.’

With that new term, come new information. Remember, save the better informative websites in New Tabs, so you don’t lose your valuable information.

Do NOT settle for a single search page, read into the information as you come along, doubling checking with other sites you’ve got opened in other tabs to check for correct information, instead of crapshoot hearsay.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2007, 09:27 PM   #2
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Perfect,
I feel so dumb that I thought that was a strain of extasy

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
Old 03-01-2007, 11:01 PM   #3
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

cmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to cmcdougle
I vote that this should be moved into a new "Newbs" section, where newbs have to go for the first like 15 minutes of being on Zilvia.

Or even better, when someone asks a stupid question, send them to reeducation camp for 15 minutes!

This would be very useful for them.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcdougle
I vote that this should be moved into a new "Newbs" section, where newbs have to go for the first like 15 minutes of being on Zilvia.

Or even better, when someone asks a stupid question, send them to reeducation camp for 15 minutes!

This would be very useful for them.
I agree...this should be released to all of Zilvia. lol.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #5
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Its a beginner's thread. Sorry.

I was going to really go indepth with searching, and backwards information cross referencing but it made my head weird.

By backwards info X ref, i mean after you find your 'answer', going back and searching with the answer to see if any similar results come up strengthening the fact.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:57 AM   #6
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
but why would we only send them for 15 mins? lol

it should be a place they go kinda like pinking. this would help out the forum for sure if al lthey could do when they are new is search for the first X amount of days/hours.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:00 AM   #7
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
i actually learned something with the hyphens and all..

good work
Old 03-26-2007, 05:38 AM   #8
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Approved

This should be required reading.
It'd look a hell of a lot better were it not done in MSPaint, but not everyone has photoshop.