Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 07-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
1997 240sx SE GT2871r 740CC PFC Forged Internals Fine Tuned

$17,000 on stock SE wheels

This is my father's (63 years old) SE with 175,000 miles on the body. He bought it with 150,000 and put about 15,000-20,000 miles on the engine since 2008 when it was built. It is a weekend toy for him, no rush to sell since it runs great he can drive it for another 18 years or whatever.

I fine tuned it to be exclusively street driven.
-93 Octane pump gas 9:1 compression.
The air fuels shoot right to 15.3:1 when you are driving it nice, and gradually dip into the 13's when you get near 0PSI.
-It has cruise control.
-Starts easy and idles like stock.

Everything was removed from the engine bay for paint, and the glass was removed, including the windshield which was replaced and new weather strip was used. The interior is all stock. I wanted him to have a sleeper, so no gauges are visible. The boost controller is in the glove box and the wideband is where the ash tray goes. The PFC has a commander which tells you the temperature of the engine and knock counts and all the other data you might want to know. I tuned the engine with the Data-logit so I worked directly with the base map, never touched the commander for tuning.

This engine has been built specifically for the street.
It has a knife edged crankshaft, and an exedy lightweight steel flywheel with a sprung 6-puck, and the OEM driveshaft for safety and longevity.
The piston/wall clearance is CP pistons recommended specification so it does require a warm up period and gentle driving for the first 10 minutes. The clutch is very soft and the car moves very easy, and the engine revs very fast with a light touch thanks to all the lightweight parts. It was done mainly for fuel economy, I have not measured it yet but I believe this vehicle can top 30MPG highway. and I will be measuring this week... so stay tuned. Something to check back for.

All parts were ordered from enjuku racing and full-race. that is a full race exhaust manifold.
A real greddy intake, A real greddy oil pan, brand new 740cc Tomei injectors, etc...

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 07-19-2013 at 04:10 PM..
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Receipts and more pictures...

All parts were ordered from enjuku racing and full-race. that is a full race exhaust manifold.
A real greddy intake, A real greddy oil pan, brand new 740cc Tomei injectors, etc...

Paint...

Old 07-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

It took two years to build and paint because we took our time and did it right. This is a DO IT ONCE THE RIGHT WAY and DRIVE IT car. No back tracking for any problems. This car is "finished". Yes you can add tons more crap to it; but the hard part is done. It starts. It runs. It drives. Its tuned. It will make 400 horsepower for 150,000 miles or more. The engine has been seasoned. Heat cycled over the course of 5 years with brand new internals. Anyone that buys the car is welcome to hit the dyno with it and watch it make 380-420RWHP on pump gas before you pay for it. Smell the oil. Listen to it run. Watch the wideband. Stay tuned for some video I have the car for the next few weeks and I will certainly get some.

I want to build a 2JZ for my dad's next 240sx. That is why we decided, well, I convinced him to sell this one. I want to do an OEM 2J around 500rwhp with a six speed and see if we can go 100,000 miles with it.

calculation done by hand for piston speed before i wrote the software in my sig

A more recent picture of the engine:

Also notice the first picture at the top is a video of pre-oiling the engine before initial startup.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
gr8whitezenki

Trader Rating: (0)
gr8whitezenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Im speechless. Thanks for sharing on zilvia. Amazing dedication to work and respect for your father. Good luck with everything. SoFla for the win.
gr8whitezenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #5
sr20time
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
sr20time is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
wow..... respect
sr20time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Florida for the win, absolutely gorgeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #7
SLYDEWAYS 96
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (34)
SLYDEWAYS 96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
nice job man, free bump
SLYDEWAYS 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #8
guitardave06

guitardave06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to guitardave06 Send a message via AIM to guitardave06 Send a message via MSN to guitardave06 Send a message via Yahoo to guitardave06
I love the color of this car. And I dig the attention to detail on this car. You rarely see 240's being built to this kind of standard anymore.

GLWS. Wish I had the extra money to spend on this car.
guitardave06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #9
k240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
k240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I m not the fan about the color ,but every detail parts r nice and clean .

Also is a kouki ones too

Glws
k240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #10
tobroketobuildarealcar
Zilvia Junkie

tobroketobuildarealcar is an unknown quantity at this point
Pics not working
tobroketobuildarealcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #11
0ohazeo0

0ohazeo0 is an unknown quantity at this point
what happen to the pics?
0ohazeo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #12
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

pictures are fixed. the bandwidth exceeded 10GB but is now unlimited
Old 07-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #13
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Where is that T off the PCV valve going to???
Old 07-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #14
Got2drift

Got2drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh god I come on zilvia in calc class to get away from all the nonsense and then I see dx/dt and I cry
Got2drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #15
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Hello everyone just an update.

The car did surpass 30 miles per gallon recently during a highway drive in which the speed maintained was about 80 miles per hour. The injector duty cycle is about 7.5% or less and the air fuel ratio is around 15.2:1. This is also with me boosting a bit in 5th gear so I can imagine seeing 32+ miles per gallon, yes I will post a video once I am dialed in for it.

My father recently had a stroke and he is in the hospital that is why I am not really working on the car or doing anything on the forum. He is slowly making improvement. I am just focusing on helping him get better and finishing my classes right now.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #16
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Man! My best wishes to your father! Hope it gets well soon
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #17
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Ive been very busy but I know I promised a video so I compiled a quickie. I hope to get much more and some dyno time in the near future.
this is just for now.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #18
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
do you ever sell any of the cars you post....the prices.....
Old 08-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #19
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97nismo View Post
do you ever sell any of the cars you post....the prices.....
Ive actually sold quite a few 240s. Probably somewhere around 20 or more. Thus, I have a very keen eye for what to watch out for, and a very good idea of what is worth big money, and what isn't. If I bought a 240, its because it has intrinsic value and is worth keeping. Basically, that means no accidents, no rust, and a good solid foundation with which to build a worthwhile project.

If you'd like (or anyone else) to see the 240s I have sold over the years feel free to PM me. I can make a dedicated thread just for them in fact because its at least 500 pictures.
And if you are referring to recent posts, yes I believe I have the red 240 I listed sold. I have an actual deposit from a buyer, but I never count my chickens.
I am the kind of person who would refund a deposit if the buyer changes his mind for whatever reason.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #20
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
i was just curious because i have seen lots of for sale ads lately from you...when i look for a car i see if i can build a similar car for the parts they list and the cost of a car in the condition and go from there....some i think are a little steep and some cheap which makes me scared as to where the cut some corners...however most of the cars you posted so far seem a little of the higher side but still nice to say the least.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #21
Hismajesty007

Hismajesty007 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is how a build is done - measure twice and cut once - strong work brother - way to raise the stock of 240 owners and builds.

Hope the sale goes well and God bless and prayers to your dad for a full recovery.
Hismajesty007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #22
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hismajesty007 View Post
This is how a build is done - measure twice and cut once - strong work brother - way to raise the stock of 240 owners and builds.

Hope the sale goes well and God bless and prayers to your dad for a full recovery.
thank you my friend!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #23
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Update picture from this week
Old 10-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #24
ianmyers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
ianmyers is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Probably the most detailed for-sale ad I've ever seen. Amazing work. GLWS
ianmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:49 PM   #25
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Now the car is just sitting. I hate to see it sit. I am going to be negotiable on the price for potential buyers.

I can remove items from the car to bring the price down. I can even remove the turbo and manifold and sell them separate to remove around $1500 from the price. The engine is built for around 550~ horsepower so the turbocharger we chose is barely scratching the surface.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:41 PM   #26
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

I bet we can count the number of SR20 swaps with cruise control in the USA on one hand.

BTW I have a few parts that are uninstalled, brand new sitting on the side that go with this car. For instance i have a brand new Greddy Front Mount Intercooler, new in box, you know the V-SPL core with the little round tubed and tiny fins? Real deal parts.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:20 AM   #27
Rado
Leaky Injector

Rado is an unknown quantity at this point
so awesome!! GLWS
Rado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:04 AM   #28
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I bet we can count the number of SR20 swaps with cruise control in the USA on one hand.
Which is sad, considering it was one of the easiest things I did on mine.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:04 PM   #29
WS93

WS93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Respect. Bump
WS93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:00 PM   #30
S14kouki_10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
S14kouki_10 is an unknown quantity at this point