Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
jdaggett13

Trader Rating: (0)
jdaggett13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
help!!!! Sr20det problem cranking no start

Saturday night it snowed so I went out snow drifting Sunday around noon ish. I went to go start the car all It did is crank so I put on a torpedo heater and let the fmic deice and let the engine bay warm up all day. it finailly started with me pouring a litle 93 oct in the throtle body around 8ish turn it off turn it back on a couple times but didn't have a problem with it. Monday morning I went out to work around 1030 started it. it started perfectly fine not a problem I get home from work on Monday around 730pm started all this crap again I left came back at 9 it started perfect. whent to leave Tuesday morning at 7 all it did is crank. poured a little bit a 93 gas in it just to get started all it does is run without the intercooler piping on the intake side of I personally thought the inner core was frozen in blocking slight I got it started in ran it to my shop where I work barely it ran like s*** but it ran and I was checking things out incooler cools fine I check spark spark was good. fuel was getting there but I'm not sure if it's enough it's at 45psi but not sure if the injectors are stuck or anything. it has good air threw the front mount .turbo is fine inj ohms were at 11.3 i have a t28 turbo and a walbro 255pump and a single cam.ka maf any thoughts I'm really thinking either injectors are stuck the maf is bad or the ECU is bad...... so to sum it up it only startswhen the intake side of the ic piping is off and i put litle gas in to help it start but once it starts it runs fine just n/a but if i try to conncet that pipe it stalls immeditly.... any thoughts
jdaggett13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
NID?
First thing to do is pull ecu codes, I don't wanna hear tings like the check engine light isn't on. just pull codes first, make it a habit.
93oct is harder to detonate than ether, aka use ether instead. just temporarily.
How could you come to the conclusion the air, in the intercooler would freeze?
Radiator freezing is more likely, even fuel.
So if you have a hard time starting the other practice is, to start the car with throttle wide open. if it starts then, you should check the injectors for leaks.
checking injectors for leaks? remove the fuel rail and turn KOEO look for drips or fuel period. BTW base fp is 43.5psi, no vacuum. With vacuum can vary but should be around 36.5psi

It's beginning to look like a mafs issue, code check may confirm this or it could be the wiring.
so check those codes
The other issue is what i call maintenance, but it's just common practice for me.
Checking base timing and base idle.
Since you're having a issue with running with the IC pipes connected, 1 trick is to open the iacv all the way up, only if there are no injector leaks and the car will stay running with the pipes connected. Let it idle\warm up get timing light, set base idle and check timing in timing mode.

I could speculate or continue with guesses, but you should start with a code check, even the tps voltage could be set wrong. so check that as well.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote