Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #91
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangonwWarrior View Post
Got my tucked brake line kit from chasebays for the s13
how much were your lines?
I love how they label everything, I talked to the guys from chase a while ago at a Spocom when i was still doing sales, and all of their stuff was sooo sick.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:15 AM   #92
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: Amerika24 alabama: Where if your not first..... your last
Trader Rating: (15)
WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Comet View Post
very nice, how do you run the cb brake lines exactly?
It is very very simple. I thought I was going to have trouble running them but they basically run in the stock locations except they tuck behind the motor instead of up top where the stock ugly hardlines are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
He can probably better explain than me. But I wouldn't run soft lines like that for my brakes. Regardless of what pressures they can withstand.
Why not? The s-chassis brake lines are rubber lines in the wheel well and hold up fine, even at 20 years old. I plan on road racing on these brake lines once they come out for the FD.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #93
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I was merely thinking of creating new brake lines and running the behind the motor but those Chase or w/e look pretty spiffy.

I'm curious to know how they perform...
Old 06-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #94
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Chase Bays is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Everything looks great folks. We're releasing our line of 240sx stuff now!

Engine harnesses - Ours are built with brand new wire and pins. Loomed in nylon sleeving and ADHESIVE lined heat shrink. We also offer a Mil Spec quick disconnect for the firewall. For most Nissan motors we're integrating the lower harness and trans harness with the engine harness for a better look and easier install. (Note: You connect and disconnect the firewall connector as much as you want, there is no set amount for that)

ALSO Brake line relocation kit, AN fuel line kit with inline fuel filter, One piece clutch line, Brake booster delete with Wilwood master cylinder kit, and more.

Also for those saying stainless braided line doesn't perform the same...I guarantee you it will feel exactly the same if not better than your OEM setup. It is a common thing to hear or think they do not perform as well. We've been using this stuff for years! 9 second drag cars, Redline Time Attack cars, and hundreds upon hundreds of street cars have used our stuff with zero issues, ever. Once we sale more kits to our Nissan customers I'm sure we can get some positive feedback in to reassure everyone.

Thanks!
Chase Bays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #95
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Wow sounds good, Intrested in checkin that all out.

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
RurouniMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #96
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Bays View Post
Everything looks great folks. We're releasing our line of 240sx stuff now!

Engine harnesses - Ours are built with brand new wire and pins. Loomed in nylon sleeving and ADHESIVE lined heat shrink. We also offer a Mil Spec quick disconnect for the firewall. For most Nissan motors we're integrating the lower harness and trans harness with the engine harness for a better look and easier install. (Note: You connect and disconnect the firewall connector as much as you want, there is no set amount for that)

ALSO Brake line relocation kit, AN fuel line kit with inline fuel filter, One piece clutch line, Brake booster delete with Wilwood master cylinder kit, and more.

Also for those saying stainless braided line doesn't perform the same...I guarantee you it will feel exactly the same if not better than your OEM setup. It is a common thing to hear or think they do not perform as well. We've been using this stuff for years! 9 second drag cars, Redline Time Attack cars, and hundreds upon hundreds of street cars have used our stuff with zero issues, ever. Once we sale more kits to our Nissan customers I'm sure we can get some positive feedback in to reassure everyone.

Thanks!

I can't wait to see everything come out! Whats up with your site though? When will it be back up?

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #97
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Got a question. Where do you guys get your wire loom and mil spec connectors from??
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:52 AM   #98
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Wow, I'll totally be in line for that stuff... also curious to know when the site will be back and when the S13 stuff will be available!

I'm working on my fuse box relocation now... where do you guys route the lower engine harness when the fuse box is in the fender area?

(Still need to fab a bracket and splash shield)

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #99
VOoDOoGTX
Leaky Injector

VOoDOoGTX is an unknown quantity at this point
im wanted to know more about the brake booster tuck, Whats the recommended way to do this? i saw a picture of it but not alot of information.

ill be ordering a crazy amount of stuff once chase bays web site is up.
VOoDOoGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #100
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOoDOoGTX View Post
im wanted to know more about the brake booster tuck, Whats the recommended way to do this? i saw a picture of it but not alot of information.

ill be ordering a crazy amount of stuff once chase bays web site is up.
It deletes the brake booster and it is just a master cylinder I will try to find some pics!
Old 06-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #101
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Got my motor and radiator in today

Wait where is the radiator?

Oh, there it is

Tucked radiator wut wut
Old 06-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #102
VOoDOoGTX
Leaky Injector

VOoDOoGTX is an unknown quantity at this point
woerrddddddddd
VOoDOoGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #103
White Comet
Zilvia Junkie

White Comet is making a name for him/her selfWhite Comet is making a name for him/her self
holy crap, i didnt know that existed
Old 06-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #104
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Got my motor and radiator in today

Haha, you posted pics in the wire tuck thread with the wiring disconnected/not there. Super tucked bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Comet View Post
holy crap, i didnt know that existed
You didn't know custom radiators existed? Truth be told most people don't put 'em there because it's smaller than it would be if it were behind the support, but it makes sense for RB25/26 swaps since it'll let him run puller fans.

Summit actually has some "universal" Griffin/etc (read: baller) cores that are S-chassis friendly sizes for around $200... not a bad deal at all, but sometimes the inlet/outlet sizes don't match so you'd have to be creative with hoses.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #105
White Comet
Zilvia Junkie

White Comet is making a name for him/her selfWhite Comet is making a name for him/her self
sorry for being unclear. i didnt know ones form chase bay existed
Old 06-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #106
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

sorry for posting in wrong section.

Last edited by WangonwWarrior; 06-19-2010 at 07:15 PM..
WangonwWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #107
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
MY FIRST HATER! I did not know it would happen this fast
Please don't bring any gay drama into this thread. It's the wire tuck thread, the engine bay thread is in another place. You don't have a tucked harness on the motor and this thread isn't about what NWP4LIFE is doing with their honda's for eibach.

Tucked radiators are nothing new, I understand you and chase are in kahoots and this is great marketing for you two. But this is not the place to discuss his products if you want another HATER to make a stink to the mods about it.

kthx.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #108
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Maybe he has the new baller Chase Bays invisible wiring

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:02 AM   #109
onepuff
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
onepuff is on the path to ruinonepuff is on the path to ruinonepuff is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It's Bluetooth
onepuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:53 AM   #110
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepuff View Post
It's Bluetooth
EPICCCCC.

Why the Chasebays hate?
Old 06-19-2010, 12:00 PM   #111
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
chase, i need you to set me up with that bluetooth engine harness haha. the next step in tucked harnesses.
I am gonna be having chase do some stuff for my car so be on the lookout soon!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #112
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwas-all* View Post
chase, i need you to set me up with that bluetooth engine harness haha. the next step in tucked harnesses.
I am gonna be having chase do some stuff for my car so be on the lookout soon!
Im getting an ipod charger built into my harness

sorry for cluttering the thread
Old 06-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #113
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
bllabong89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Where do you get a bulk connector like this from?
bllabong89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #114
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
computer parts site somewhere would be a good google'r
Old 06-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #115
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bllabong89 View Post
Where do you get a bulk connector like this from?
There are quite a few manufacturers for "bulkhead connectors" (Mil-C-5015 equivalent for the most part), but as with all mil-spec parts, you have to have a deep understanding of the part numbers to make sure the parts you order work together, and work for your application.

I use different specs for each engine, because KA's need less pins than CA's or SR's, which need less pins than RBs, which need less pins than LSx's. I prefer to use one connector (which is made of many pieces) for the upper and lower engine harness, then another smaller one for the front chassis wiring, and finally a Marinco connector for 4ga main power.

If you guys want to tackle your own bulkhead connectors and tucked harnesses, I can certainly use my accounts to get you good deals on the materials... just shoot me a PM with a detailed description of your goal and I can list out a 'kit' of what I'd use and give you some pricing.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 06-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #116
Big_E-Dog
Leaky Injector

Big_E-Dog is an unknown quantity at this point
what bout vacuum lines how many is too many??

got the wireing done just gots a ton of vacuum lines. if i extended them too much couldnt it hurt vacuum stuff??
Big_E-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #117
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_E-Dog View Post
what bout vacuum lines how many is too many??

got the wireing done just gots a ton of vacuum lines. if i extended them too much couldnt it hurt vacuum stuff??
Hopefully anyone tackling a wire tuck and engine bay cleanup will understand which parts of the engine actually need vacuum/boost lines. With the exception of boost controllers/wastegates, most everything (EGR, FPR, etc) can handle a reasonable extension without any adverse effects. Cap off what you don't need, and use new vacuum line so you know there's no leaks.

Getting vacuum to the brake booster while retaining the one way check valve and not looking like ass is generally the toughest part.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:54 AM   #118
Big_E-Dog
Leaky Injector

Big_E-Dog is an unknown quantity at this point
ok thanks almost done with mine, tucking a VG30 with villager manifold
Big_E-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:59 AM   #119
Couped_up'd
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (47)
Couped_up'd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 47 reviews

Last edited by Couped_up'd; 11-24-2010 at 04:03 PM..
Couped_up'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #120
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!