Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:47 PM   #91
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
yes. It will be a long wait. But I'm used to it. Will give me time to have it tuned and what not while it's still in the mother land. It was just to clean to pass up. One of those impulse buys lol.

I mean just look at it.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:42 PM   #92
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Absolutely Fucking Beautiful
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #93
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
yes. It will be a long wait. But I'm used to it. Will give me time to have it tuned and what not while it's still in the mother land. It was just to clean to pass up. One of those impulse buys lol.

I mean just look at it.
I don't usually sweat other ppl cars but good Lord that's nice!!! You have great taste!!

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #94
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Congrats on the new car purchase.

If you're looking to have anything done to it, or add parts, do it while it's in Japan. It' MUCH cheaper to do so. And if it's parts related, have them throw it in the trunk (interior).

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #95
R_Rod_s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
R_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
subscribed!!
R_Rod_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #96
PG BOOSTED
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
PG BOOSTED is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sick.

⭐Founder of Straight 6 Gang ⭐
Old 12-08-2014, 07:56 AM   #97
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Wire transfer has gone through. The point of no return.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #98
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL240SXDRIFT View Post
Absolutely Fucking Beautiful
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyRat View Post
I don't usually sweat other ppl cars but good Lord that's nice!!! You have great taste!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Congrats on the new car purchase.

If you're looking to have anything done to it, or add parts, do it while it's in Japan. It' MUCH cheaper to do so. And if it's parts related, have them throw it in the trunk (interior).
oh yea, that is the plan. Just trying to figure out how I want to do it. I've always wanted a mines tuned car. I really would only like to put Nismo and Mines products on it besides what is already existing on the car. I have seats, steering wheel, fashion lighter and GTR version advan rg's to put on it already. Not sure what I will do with the te37's. Taking some parts off the 240 and putting them in a real car lol. I could technically put the full race turbo mani on it also. But I want to keep it twins. Trying to decide what turbo's I want. Just want super super super responsive car that can pull to 8-9k-ish. I'm thinking 500 hp MAX. With relatively stock looking engine bay and appearance over all. Only thing I can see doing to it cosmetically is making a Nismo r32 replica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG BOOSTED View Post
Sick.

Thanks! Funny you have a straight six gang. I have 2 cars and 1 truck. 240 with rb25, gtr with rb26 and dodge ram 2500 with 12v cummins lol. I only have boosted inline 6 turbos.

Last edited by BossHogg; 12-08-2014 at 09:40 PM..
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #99
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

might sell the TE37's and Work VS-XX and get a full brake upgrade. So many ideas going through my head. I need to give it a month or so and let it sink in.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:41 AM   #100
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
GTR-Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
I've always wanted a mines tuned car.
We can send it to Mine's and have them tune it for you.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:11 AM   #101
Levan. B
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
Levan. B is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
You deserve an award for spending more than I have on an s13. Seriously that's an accomplishment. Excellent.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:35 AM   #102
PG BOOSTED
Zilvia Junkie

PG BOOSTED is an unknown quantity at this point
You can join if you like to. Just trying to make one big happy family. PM me and I'll add you to the group.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:20 AM   #103
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Excellent purchase. That GT-R looks excellent.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #104
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

ok here is some more pics of the car. And some info about it as is. The car was purchased from Global Auto through Kunio at GTR garage.

This is what the global auto add says about it also. Thank you google translate lololol.

"I will now introduce car,
will be the introduction of super superb Gentle tune BNR32 Skyline GT-R.
Car, your basic normal vehicle, underbody and muffler, by car which has been enhanced such as Roaburesuba to tower bar and basic part only, also like to start the bottom around the condition of the interior and exterior with no very clean rust is a car.
Also running in real running is your car that can examine your in peace has been made ​​also regular maintenance. It should be noted that your car is a rare Early Type lightweight model.

◇ ◆ ◇ of your car details and other details ◇ ◆ ◇ □ ☆ ★ ☆ car details ☆ ★ ☆ □ year June Heisei two years car name Skyline GT-R grade standard car color gun gray metallic traveling 80871KM repair without calendar main key equipped □ ☆ ★ ☆ other details ☆ ★ ☆ □ other details HKS hyper MAXⅡ car harmonic KIT NISMO suspension link front upper link Kansai Service Roaburesuba SET Kansai service front tower bar FUJITSUBO Regalis R Evolution muffler VOLK TE37 9J-17 + 22 Carrozzeria CD audio PANASONIC ETC NISMO floor mat NISMO shift knob"

1990 BNR32 GTR build. 49,000 original miles (this is how I bought it) RB26DETT
Fujitsubo Legalis-R Evolution Exhaust,
HKS Iridium Plugs,
HKS Hipermax-II Coilovers,
HKS Kansai Lower Brace Bar Set,
HKS Kansai Front Tower Bar,
Nismo Air Filter
Nismo Front Arms,
Nismo Rear Arms,
Nismo Shift Knob,
Nismo Floor Mats,
Acre Brake Pads,
Rays TE37 Wheels (17x9+22),
Carrozerria Audio,
Panasonic ETC

And my first modification to the car.

Last edited by BossHogg; 12-21-2014 at 03:18 PM..
Old 12-22-2014, 05:54 AM   #105
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Congrats, car looks great!
Old 12-23-2014, 07:42 AM   #106
ferrariowner123
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ferrariowner123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^^ what she said! It looks great man, awesome find. Hope to find something that clean when I start searching for mine.

-Kyle
ferrariowner123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:57 AM   #107
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Looks good. First mod should really be a bigger down pipe, cant believe thats still on there. As well as some new rotors and HID's. Stock Halogens suck bad lol
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:08 AM   #108
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Oh there will be more. That was just the first purchase so far. Was a good price. Am only shooting for 450 ish hp. Going to piece together my parts and most likely have garage defend build and tune it. Going to wait till the new year to go Gung ho on it. I figure I have 6 month's to wait, so no rush. If I need more time I'll pay a storage fee. My job is unpredictable. I could potentially make 100k by then if not more. So I like to play by ear. I for sure want a solid and responsive engine built. That is the main goal before it leaves japan. Little knick knack stuff I can take care of in the states when i receive it. But while it's their, I'll let the pros do the heavy mechanical work. Just want a nice street car that can hit the track when I want it to. That is actually one of the reasons I bought this one over an already tuned one. It's virtually stock and very well kept. Makes me feel like it's my car and not someones previous toy. But I am shooting for mines turbo outlets and titanium front pipe. Still not sure if I want the mines cat back though. I can't decide if I want a loud throaty exhaust to let that RB scream. I'll keep the Fujitsubo for now. I mean i can change an exhaust myself lol. Another thing I'm not sure on is if I change the exhaust over their, will i be able to get the Fujitsubo here. I'd like to have two exhausts a loud one and quiet one if needed. I have a nice list of goods I want. For the most part nismo'd out
Hoping work stays strong so I can keep my plans.

Last edited by BossHogg; 12-23-2014 at 10:08 AM..
Old 12-23-2014, 02:41 PM   #109
DarrenM

DarrenM is an unknown quantity at this point
More pics of s13 please. Is it finished? Have you driven it?
DarrenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 05:01 PM   #110
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Nah the rb25 is ripped apart. The plan was to send it down to Raw Brokerage sometime in 2015 (when work allows) for full RB30 build and tune. But then I bought the GTR. So all of my free money will go towards that car for the next 6 months so it can be tuned/built in japan, until it is shipped in June. So basically the 240 is on hold.....yet again. Probably just make it more 1/4 mile oriented now. I haven't even seen it in 5 months lol. I'll probably go over there tomorrow and look at it while I gather my oil change goods for my cummins before I head out again for who knows how long.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:57 PM   #111
livelovesole
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
livelovesole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The Nismo God ! With the R32 in the picture now, what's gonna happen with the S13?
livelovesole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 07:19 PM   #112
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Why not just get the S13 into a drivable state, so you can enjoy it? Having a 1/4 oriented S13 just doesn't sound very usable, or fun.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:08 PM   #113
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
well hope nobody in customs catches wind the engine was built (engine broken open with new internals), other wise its not legal for importation. If the engine is built/rebuilt it must conform to new EPA standards.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:45 PM   #114
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Break out the welder and give us some intercooler piping, exhaust, and intake manifold fabrication work to drool over!!!
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 11:25 PM   #115
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know you, but i feel like we may cross paths if we haven't already. What company do you work for? Is it based in STL or you on your own now?
Old 12-25-2014, 11:43 PM   #116
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
My god you don't fuck around

congrats on the purchase I'll be following this
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:52 AM   #117
rhd_ole

rhd_ole is an unknown quantity at this point
That is very very nice!!
rhd_ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:24 PM   #118
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
bOSS hOG Fa Sho'!

Damn,..Im in. Whatever your doing....I'm in.
Sub'd
Old 12-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #119
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I need that qtr panel you had from years ago.
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #120
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelovesole View Post
The Nismo God ! With the R32 in the picture now, what's gonna happen with the S13?
just make it more quarter mile highway pulls car. It would have to much hp to enjoy in any other form. For the pesky vette and v8 cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Why not just get the S13 into a drivable state, so you can enjoy it? Having a 1/4 oriented S13 just doesn't sound very usable, or fun.
it will be fun. What's not fun about aa cammed out rb25 bumping 550-600 hp? An s chasis that powerful isnt very street friendly anyways. It will never be as fun as gtr in a street environment with twisties. The gtr was built to race period. The s13 is a poor platform for road race. Going to have a road car and straight line car. Both will be streetable though. It's no fun if they aren't able to be driven on public roads. Not to mention the only thing the 240 needs is a block. The head is built but I don't think a build head and stock block would be very fun. Especially with that big gt35r. Stock block would hold it back. The 240 would just take to much funds from the gtr right now. GTR is main focus. I am away from home all the time anyways. So it's not like I'd be able to really enjoy it and it's winter time. 6 month's will go by quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
well hope nobody in customs catches wind the engine was built (engine broken open with new internals), other wise its not legal for importation. If the engine is built/rebuilt it must conform to new EPA standards.
not worried about it. Tuned gtr's get imported all the time. If I do open the engine up it would be for drop in cams. Staying at 450 ish so I don't have to worry about internals. If anything I'd just do an overhaul/refresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
Break out the welder and give us some intercooler piping, exhaust, and intake manifold fabrication work to drool over!!!
heh I've never really tried it. Different process with pulse tig etc. I don't use a foot pedal. I'm used to pipe code. Open root x-ray welds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
I don't know you, but i feel like we may cross paths if we haven't already. What company do you work for? Is it based in STL or you on your own now?
I've always been on my own. Never worked in st.louis. I'm what's called a road whore. Just travel constantly. Been in colorado the last 5 months building a compressor station. I started my own rig truck so I can get that extra tax free money. Going to try and get on some pipelines to. Basically just doing downhill stick right now. 100% X ray to B31.3 code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
My god you don't fuck around

congrats on the purchase I'll be following this
Thank you. It's more than a hobby to me. Hopefully I can fulfill my plans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd_ole View Post
That is very very nice!!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
bOSS hOG Fa Sho'!

Damn,..Im in. Whatever your doing....I'm in.
Sub'd
Haha thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
I need that qtr panel you had from years ago.
Yea it's a nice piece to have. I like to keep stock body panels though. Just in case the worst happens. Think I have like 6 doors a few pop up headlight hoods, Silvia Q bumper, aero bumper, stock bumpers, window glass, extra uncracked dash etc. Lots o shit lol.

Last edited by BossHogg; 12-29-2014 at 12:32 PM..