Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #61
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
In all seriousness, the act of modifying a car is pretty silly.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #62
davirene
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
davirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Ok let me clarify my comment on the East Coast....I dont mean no disrespect....but I was at Petersberg VA for 6 months, I went to Richmond on the weekends and went to Virginia Beach twice and Wash D.C. for the 4th of july.....

I didnt see really any car scene...I saw a huge motorcycle scene where they custom painted them and stretch the rear trailing arm to drag race...

There is some crazy food theme for the car scene there....So I saw a Snickers Car, Pilsbury Dough Boy Car, Skittles Car, A surburban painted like a watermelon....

I did see an occasional hotrod on sunny days and one S14 with sportmax wheels in Norfolk VA..

So bottom line 6mos where I was at was pretty dead.....I will go to New York next year and hopefully will have my opinion changed...

Oh yeh....I did actually see one crown vic and one el camino with the wheels broke off and the other with the wheel and axle sitting next to it....

To much weight on unmodified axles and hub bearings....FAIL
Old 03-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #63
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazysk8er2 View Post
hey dont be hating on the east coast atleast were not the ones who has an unpopular rap artist host a show that paints cars lame-o colors with blenders and shag rugs
Thats on Network based out of New York City. Oh damn you just pwnzed.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 03-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #64
chadwickity

Trader Rating: (4)
chadwickity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Modifying cars is dumb. This s13 I have decided to waste my time turning into a dedicated track/auto-x toy will be car number 15 for me, and not a one of them has remained stock. If I think back on all the money i've spent on cars I could have a house or two by now.

I can't stop though, I thought I could. Got out of cars for the last two years, and in that time I still managed to waste money lifting my daily Isuzu Rodeo. Then bought a bike and wasted just as much money on it as I would have on a car (even more if you include medical bills). So here I am, a 23 y/o college student with not a dollar to my name, living check to check, with a hunk of shit s13 coupe sitting in the driveway that I'm determined to waste a grand or two on. But for some reason I'm ok with that, and spent the last few months planning this act of stupidity.

Whatever, you only live once right?
Old 03-02-2010, 11:29 PM   #65
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by M11's View Post
to the op what kind of car do you drive. why can't people spend money how they like, they work for it so can spend how they want. human nature is to make what they own better or easier for them selfs to use.

sounds like your the poor guy with a shit car that can't afford to modify and trying to drag the rest down. misery loves company.

i like my car just the way it is, thank you very much.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:05 AM   #66
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
honestly (no sarcasm) I wouldn't mind boulevard cruising in something like this.
using the ronald-mcdonald dolls as 'road rage' projectiles can't hurt either.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #67
1_Bad_Silvia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
1_Bad_Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
it feels good when u hit the gas and u just take off in front of everyone. ya its waste of money but its also feeling good. they balance each other out.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #68
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
I just dont like being like everything else in this world.
I like to have a little individuality and creativity.

Yes, we all modify our cars, But there are alot less modified 240SX's out there then there are 2000 Toyota Corolla's.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #69
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Yes modifying cars is dumb, a waste of money blah blah blah... its a hobby for most people. some people take it a little too seriously and think the world revolves around it, it doesnt.
The same can be said about other hobbies... to each his own and if it makes you happy go for it.

On another note Id love to put condoms on each one of those fart cans on the volvo and watch them blow up.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #70
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
People who modify cars are stupid.

I modify my car.

Therefore, I am stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #71
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I wish I never started working on cars.

I'd probably have a lot more money saved up, and stop wanting to dump my money into the piece of shit.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #72
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
I love working on my car and I love modifying my car. Who cares what people say about doing It. If they don't like It they either can't afford It.weren't very good at It or just don't share the same passion as the other.

If your gonna complain about money then this Isn't for you and step away from the game. If your gna complain about cops then It's not for you. Step away. If your gna complain period, Step away Its not for you.

I enjoy my exhausts and my lowerd car.my hids,my diffs.my engines.my control arms. I enjoy every single aftermarket part that Is on my car. Every single penny spent was a smile earned. If your gna complaing then step down from the game.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #73
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
I personally think thatmodifying your car is just fitting it to your personality.. if you have a completely riced out car your a fag but if you have a clean car that has a decent stance and not screaming give me attention i think it means you respect your car but want alittle more out of it then stock. i mean lets be honest.. most the USDM 240sx arent that fast... so who cares if the car is modded or not.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #74
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
I personally think thatmodifying your car is just fitting it to your personality.. if you have a completely riced out car your a fag but if you have a clean car that has a decent stance and not screaming give me attention i think it means you respect your car but want alittle more out of it then stock. i mean lets be honest.. most the USDM 240sx arent that fast... so who cares if the car is modded or not.
Mine Is pretty fast. same for my rx7. My Evo. all my other 240's.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #75
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

You know what I think Is dumb? All this zilvia non sense. Ohh lets call everything stupid! Then the other people who post, only post what other people say so they can keep their zilvia rep up and look cool! Yay! LEts Impress Zilvia!! Even tho half the people here saying modifying cars Is stupid have modifyed cars.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #76
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Everyone on here defending modifying cars is just secretly upset that their car is not stock.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #77
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
i wish you could just buy stock cars.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #78
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Id have a lot more money on my thats for sure... If i never found cars id probably still be skateboarding, maybe even turning pro like some of my friends i grew up skateboarding with. but theres always the "what if", I wouldnt trade cars for the world and I hope i never "grow up" and realize cars are stupid and a pathetic waste of time. I just hope i continue to do well for myself and make enough money to support my stupid waste of money hobby... LOL
Old 03-07-2010, 02:34 AM   #79
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

i bet i would have an awesome collection of STIs.

...and not the subaru
Old 03-07-2010, 03:47 AM   #80
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
I think you mean STD's. And with that I concur.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #81
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enna View Post
I think you mean STD's. And with that I concur.
Nope he means STI. STI =Sexually transmitted Infection
Old 03-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #82
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
You know what's stupid?

Spelling modified with a 'y'.

Oh yeah, and modifying cars.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:42 PM   #83
Moon Ill
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Moon Ill is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well. If you have nuts you might as well be nuts. Having your pants on the ground is stupid, but people do it because ironing is a hassle and it really hides the wrinkles well. But people modify their bodies right? Like, enlarge or reduce boobs, call phone sex lines, and use ky jelly. It's not fair.

But it wasn't really him. I didn't think it could be anybody else, but it did end up being somebody else. Aww man, you just missed that commercial. Oh well. Modifying a car shouldn't be taken too seriously unless you plan on driving it on the road or racing it.

That's why floating cars were killed. Couldn't modify them. Orange sherbet knows this. That's why it's around the orange cream pops. However, if you prefer vanilla yogurt you should try adding walnuts.

Metaphors of Marcus Aurelius weren't used that often in Tsun Tsu's AOW, but very often in Mitoshomi Musashi's BOT5R. Why in the hell are you still reading this?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:47 PM   #84
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Ill View Post
Well. If you have nuts you might as well be nuts. Having your pants on the ground is stupid, but people do it because ironing is a hassle and it really hides the wrinkles well. But people modify their bodies right? Like, enlarge or reduce boobs, call phone sex lines, and use ky jelly. It's not fair.

But it wasn't really him. I didn't think it could be anybody else, but it did end up being somebody else. Aww man, you just missed that commercial. Oh well. Modifying a car shouldn't be taken too seriously unless you plan on driving it on the road or racing it.

That's why floating cars were killed. Couldn't modify them. Orange sherbet knows this. That's why it's around the orange cream pops. However, if you prefer vanilla yogurt you should try adding walnuts.

Metaphors of Marcus Aurelius weren't used that often in Tsun Tsu's AOW, but very often in Mitoshomi Musashi's BOT5R. Why in the hell are you still reading this?
dude, that makes so much sense.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #85
hailandkill
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
hailandkill is on the path to ruinhailandkill is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Ill View Post
Having your pants on the ground is stupid, but people do it because ironing is a hassle and it really hides the wrinkles well.
HAHAHA

holy shit
Old 03-08-2010, 12:27 AM   #86
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
The other issue is time. Historically, genetically and instinctively the reason for our existence is to reproduce and create offspring to continue the human race, that is our most basic instinct. however ive chosen to spend 90% of my youth in, under or on top of a car, when i should have chosen to spend 90% of my youth in, under or on top of a girl.
may I quote this in my signature?
Old 03-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #87
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by davirene View Post
.....I will go to New York next year and hopefully will have my opinion changed...
good luck with that. all i see around here are rust buckets, mine included

xquizitditz
Old 03-08-2010, 05:01 PM   #88
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGrain View Post
may I quote this in my signature?
of course <3.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #89
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
of course <3.
Spent my youth In,on top, under, around, behind, in between, In front, Cars and girls. Just gotta know how to work both. Like getting head while dropping ur Fc tranny. That was fun! Still spending my youth doing that.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #90
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Dumb as shit, but great fun. Like most things in life. I'm over how much of a money pit these things are.
Closed Thread