Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
S14 Roll Cage People?

Im looking for some pics, and general ideas about building a cage in my car. Gonna tear into it in the next few weeks and start building for this next season. Gonna be a 6pt, with tightly bent main loop, rear strut drop bars, a cross STB bar, harness bar, harness bar cross, and contoured door bars I think. But im not 100% on any of it yet, i'd really like to get some ideas!

Anyone that has built a cage for their S14 or 240 even, let me know any tips on mounting points, or things to avoid etc. Let me know.

Id really just like to see some pictures of your cages and get some ideas on what im going to do with mine. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
search

lkjhfskjlhfsfaf
Old 02-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #3
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
I don't know much about cages but I know I saw a cage pic thread on here a while ago so I did a quick search for you.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/211263-cage-pic-thread-2.html

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/123976-post...l-cages-2.html
Old 02-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #4
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about

Old 02-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #5
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
I searched, and really couldnt find what I was looking for.

BTW, i dont care about your Cusco, Safety 21, Autopower, bolt in cookie cutter cage.

I want to hear/see people with custom cages. What tubing diameter, wall thickness, mig or tig etc..
Old 02-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #6
mondojackal
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
mondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mondojackal
No one mentioned any "cookie cutter" cages. And you should probably drop the attitude. People here don't take a liking to that kind of behavior. Be nice. It will help you out down the road.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:16 AM   #7
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondojackal View Post
No one mentioned any "cookie cutter" cages. And you should probably drop the attitude. People here don't take a liking to that kind of behavior. Be nice. It will help you out down the road.
attitude? I dont mean to argue lol, but this is indeed the internet, and i believe you misinterpreted my tone. haha I wasnt being an ass. And im friends with DriftKingIII locally anyways.... :dunno:

I just dont want to see pictures or info about bolt in cookie cutter cages...im not sure how else i could have put it? I was merely posting that, so that other people dont waste their time telling me about their bolt in cages, when the post will be useless to me.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:22 AM   #8
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/171389...on-thread.html .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
Old 02-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #9
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Thanks for the link, and I looked that thread over and through a few times IIRC.

I was kinda hoping some more people that have joined or did work after that thread would post up. Something fresh and new?

Edit: I guess i should read the last few pages now, as its been a month or two since my last visit to that thread. Thanks :thumbsup: More is better
Old 02-05-2009, 02:51 AM   #10
¹²³Klan™
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
¹²³Klan™ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Cookie Cutter cage my ass.

You can use cusco/safety21 you retard.
Its track approved, just because its bolt in.

your a dumbass.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:12 AM   #11
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ¹²³Klan™ View Post

your a dumbass.
while kyle deserves a beatdown for not just posting in the cage thread, i really miss the rep system right now.
god i loathe you.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:35 AM   #12
¹²³Klan™
BANNED

your a ignorant dumbass.

please give me a good exampl on how a safety21 cage is bad.

I would prefer a welded cage ANYDAY, but I dont have the extra money to throw on it. I track my s14 almost all the time, I dont babysit it in my garage.

and I know sure in hell you and the OP aren't FD or D1 so suck my balls.

theres a cage for ya.

Last edited by ¹²³Klan™; 02-05-2009 at 05:56 AM..
Old 02-05-2009, 09:07 AM   #13
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

IM NOT BUYING A COOKIE CUTTER CAGE. I never said they were bad, but i have the resources (MIG, Tubing Bender, Notcher, Bandsaw) and the cash to build a custom cage. Therefore, i dont care about bolt ins. I never hated on them, at all, I am doing my own thing. So Fuck you Klan.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #14
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Duh, it's the American way of being an "individual".
Old 02-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #15
SILVIA_KIDs14.5
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
SILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ¹²³Klan™ View Post

your a dumbass.
actually u would be the dumb ass the cusco cage is not scca legal drift legal or nhra leagal so lay off and get ur facts straight the chromaly ones at least and i be leave there are to many bends in the main loop to use thats why most ppl who buy them it is for a show car the metal is to thin
Old 02-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #16
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
cusco/safety21 debate....
Old 02-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #17
ryangreg
Zilvia Member

ryangreg can only hope to improve
there are 9 second drag silvias in japan that use bolt in, around dash cusco cages.

anybody who says a cusco cage wont help your roof not crumble in a crash is a sopping cunt, cause they dont know what they are talking about and post to listen to themselves post.

cusco cages dont pass SCCA/NHRA cause this is america, and lawyers write the rulebook rules.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #18
¹²³Klan™
BANNED

think before you post silviakid

safety21 are APPROVED for track use for " US " the kids who go to the track and try and drift.
No one in this thread is FORMULA D

ill trade in my cage ANYDAY for a welded.
but thats not gonna happen

bolt in cages have there good / bad sides
If I were a sponsored driver I would go welded anyday!
but Im not!
zomg scca NOO KiLLZ me Plox?
you my friend are the retard.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #19
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
cusco/safety21 debate....
Actually, I am going to put this one out to pasture before it goes any further.

Everyone can thank ¹²³Klan™ for messing this one up.

And I write too!
Closed Thread