Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-23-2016, 04:08 PM   #1
tom
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
tom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any good shops near Destin Florida

Had my 240 at a shop and it went out of business, they fully built the motor and installed my turbo kit/fuel system. I need the AEM EMS v2 tuned and a couple other small items installed/wired. I would do it myself but don't have time due to work.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2016, 01:35 PM   #2
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
check the regional forums
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:34 PM   #3
Cash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Cash
Is there any way to make sure they definitely "fully built" your motor? I would be suspicious that a shop that was on the brink of going out of business may have cut corners or charged me for expensive internal parts that they never actually installed.

I obviously don't know anything about the shop that performed the work and then went out of business, but it may be worth paying another shop to open up your engine to confirm everything is there before you have it tuned.
Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 06:00 PM   #4
tom
Leaky Injector

I was actually present for most of the build process and the block and head are built with the parts I provided.Though are cams degreed correctly idk. The next shop I bring it to, I am going to have them check it. Probably going to bring it to one of the shops in Orlando due to lack of shops around destin.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:03 PM   #5
tom
Leaky Injector

They were able to install my fuel lines and fpr. The hot side of the intercooler piping has been changed and turbo clocked downwards. Though im not happy with the detail, like not cleaning the intake manifold while it was off and other engine covers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (352.0 KB, 9 views)