Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #181
HayabusaKLR

Trader Rating: (0)
HayabusaKLR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey everyone,

I have searched high and low without a specific answer to my question. Are any of you running the Evo IX front calipers with aftermarket wheels? If so, what offset are you running to appropriately fit this MONSTER caliper?

I am ordering WORK Meister S1 3P's (18x9 and 18x10) but I want to make sure the offset is appropriate to fit the Evo IX front calipers that I have already.

I have seen someone running Evo X fronts with +12 in the front but wanted more input, if it is out there!

Thanks in advance guys!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2017, 03:16 PM   #182
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
It's not so much on the offset.

If you're ordering new wheels, you can order them by disk type.

O disk - maximum lip on dish wheels, or most concave.
A disk - standard face
R disk - best for big brake clearance.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 03:23 PM   #183
HayabusaKLR

HayabusaKLR is an unknown quantity at this point
I really appreciate the response. Ehh, that's what I was afraid of. I'm ordering them through Ravspec and this is similar to what they told me. At this point, if I went with a front R disk, there would literally be next to NO lip which is going to likely look silly...especially on a step-lip design like the S1 3P's. Yikes...wondering if I should just sell the Evo IX front calipers and go with a different front brake setup to have a decent front lip on the S1's. Any thoughts?
Old 02-03-2019, 05:09 AM   #184
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Sorry to bump, but I have few questions to you who are running GKtech front knuckles.

I've been looking into Z32 brakes, but CTSV brakes could be a good option too. I've heard that the CTSV + GKtech knuckles are a pain in the ass to install. What brakes have you used with the Gk knuckles and if they're not direct bolt-on, what were the modifications needed to do?
Old 02-03-2019, 05:32 AM   #185
95SilviaKs
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
95SilviaKs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Lightbulb R34 GT-T to S14

Hey everyone. I don't have any pictures readily available with me, but if someone has questions feel free to send em. I have a 95 S14 and I put R34 GT-T (turbo R34) front and rear brakes on my car. Cheers.
95SilviaKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:27 AM   #186
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
Sorry to bump, but I have few questions to you who are running GKtech front knuckles.

I've been looking into Z32 brakes, but CTSV brakes could be a good option too. I've heard that the CTSV + GKtech knuckles are a pain in the ass to install. What brakes have you used with the Gk knuckles and if they're not direct bolt-on, what were the modifications needed to do?
Running Z32 on my GKTech V2’s, one thing I did notice is having to put a thick washer on the oem bolt/lock washer combination otherwise the bolts would hit the rotor.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:28 PM   #187
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Running Z32 on my GKTech V2’s, one thing I did notice is having to put a thick washer on the oem bolt/lock washer combination otherwise the bolts would hit the rotor.
Oh that's weird since they should be a direct fit. Maybe I'll just order the CTSV shit and try it out..
Old 02-03-2019, 04:13 PM   #188
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Anyone have a Z32 Master they don't need? I swapped to S14 K's brakes in the front (Z32 in US) and the pedal is way too soft for my liking.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:26 AM   #189
DRFT180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
My next brake setup. Stoptechs Z32 kit for the fronts. 332mm 2 piece rotors. Haven't decided if I want to pick up the rear kit yet.

Currently running OEM Z32 rears.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

S14 Build
DRFT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:48 PM   #190
adey
Post Whore!

adey is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know what size bolts the R33 and R34 GTR rear brembo calipers use?

IIRC the R32 and R33 FRONT brembos are both 12mm, and the R34, Z33, and Z34 FRONT Brembos are 14mm.
But what about the rears??

Thanks!!
adey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:34 AM   #191
88Coupe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
88Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Anyone with the CTSV rears? I'm trying see if there is a way to keep the z32 drum ebrake.
88Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:24 PM   #192
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Coupe View Post
Anyone with the CTSV rears? I'm trying see if there is a way to keep the z32 drum ebrake.
While I can't answer your question. LOJ Conversions Corp installed a cts-v rear caliper on a 300zx and they did not like it. It required a lot of machining and the Nissan rear rotors are much thinner than the CTS-V rotors. I pulled up some specs because I was curious.

300ZX - .710"
370Z - .790"
CTS-V - 1.10"

Here's what they had to say about it on Facebook:

Quote:
So, #paddlez32 arrived with some CTSV brakes installed on the front, and some partially installed V brakes on the rear. We were asked to ?figure out? the fitment issues on the rear and make them work. If I?m being brutally honest, I?m not a fan of this setup, but we made it work. The calipers arrived machined, but they needed to be milled further. That still wasn?t enough to get full pad contact with the rotor or get the caliper on far enough to fit the wheels. Next step was to drill and tap the spindle to allow the adapter bracket to be bolted on without a through bolt, to stop the nut from interfering with the brake pad. We then needed to grind the spindle further to get the caliper in towards the hub as far as possible. We now get almost 100% pad contact and the wheel fits. However, this kit uses 370Z rotors, which are much thinner than the V rotors. This will REQUIRE close monitoring of pad life, as a fully worn pad will allow the pistons to pop out of the caliper completely resulting in total brake failure.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:07 AM   #193
91GTo

91GTo is an unknown quantity at this point
Old Thread but I'm currently working on a full Evo 8 brembo swap. Front and Rear. Front fairly simple. Caliper bracket, Evo 10 Rotors. Using Evo 8 Calipers in the rear as well. All bolt on. I'm using the Alpha Omega bracket with z32 e brake set up and 370z rear rotors.
91GTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 12:08 PM   #194
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Anyone completely gut their own brake lines and make all new/custom setups? I got a roll of that nickle copper stuff and planning to re-do the whole chassis with new lines and p-clamps. Is this going to be a massive shit storm or easier than I'm anticipating? The only concern I have is that little soft-tube portion that's bolted to the inside of the wheel well. I'm wondering if just eliminating that, putting in a new block that can be bolted down, and then just screwing in the stainless line to that is sufficient.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote