Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #361
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
snap

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #362
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Is that a tube chassis I see? Ooooo dang I like this
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #363
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
He's actually cutting a lot of that tube crap out. That car had this retarded rear tube structure (which adds nothing on a S13).

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 02-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #364
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
He's actually cutting a lot of that tube crap out. That car had this retarded rear tube structure (which adds nothing on a S13).
Definitely. The car is going to be lighter and easier to repair. The existing structure actually works well with the rear tube and now the cage is closer FD legal. I still need more work done in the front but that will come when I tube the front (later this year).
Old 02-27-2013, 12:08 AM   #365
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute

Coming along nicely.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:42 AM   #366
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Some more progress today.

Last edited by DJPimpFlex; 02-28-2013 at 10:12 AM..
DJPimpFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:56 AM   #367
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Those last pics dont work son!

Old 02-28-2013, 03:25 AM   #368
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
Some more progress today.
FB pics from the message transfer links will not show up. you have to save them pics, then upload to FB to get the correct working URL.

but you knew that.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:48 AM   #369
ruthlessef-9

Trader Rating: (0)
ruthlessef-9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
the car was originally built for drag racing (I dont recall ever needing a diagonal bar for NHRA spec) from its original builder (pacman) so I'm sure it's construction is way out of par to formula D specs. none the less I'm curious to see the new chassis setup
ruthlessef-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #370
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Pics fixed. Are they all working for everyone?

Jeff knows more about my build than I do lol. Yea the cage was stupid and more for a show car look I suppose. I've added a diagonal and proper rear down bars. The old structure that went to the back is going to be sweet because it will be used for mounting the new rear structure. I'm super excited! This weekend is going to be awesome.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #371
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Rear down bars and diagonals done

Old 02-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #372
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

So far it's an absolute work of art.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #373
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ShadowMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Dude, I'm not going to lie. I'm probably going to steal and adjust your ideas and what not to continue work on my car. Just went to my first drift practice at willow springs through the Just drift guys and had a great time. I've done a bit of SCCA, but never drift, and I must say it was great time, aside from all the off roading and broken tie rod and smashed bash bar. Keep the pictures coming because they are a great help for when I'm working on my car. Everything Ive done so far is just from looking at other people's cars and getting ideas, and yours is one I look at often.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #374
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMan View Post
Dude, I'm not going to lie. I'm probably going to steal and adjust your ideas and what not to continue work on my car. Just went to my first drift practice at willow springs through the Just drift guys and had a great time. I've done a bit of SCCA, but never drift, and I must say it was great time, aside from all the off roading and broken tie rod and smashed bash bar. Keep the pictures coming because they are a great help for when I'm working on my car. Everything Ive done so far is just from looking at other people's cars and getting ideas, and yours is one I look at often.
Hey thanks for the kind words. I wish I could take all the credit but most of the inspiration comes from Miro Ovcharik's car. My car had that strange rear cage set up that lended itself well to the rear tube job but most of the ideas come from his car.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #375
blo0d
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
blo0d is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
this build actually goes some where, you actually compete, and you can actually drift.... theres nothing more i need from a build thread....

great inspiration... love this thread!
blo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #376
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
this is insane!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #377
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Thanks guys! It's starting to take shape

Old 03-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #378
Extreme Dimensions
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (9)
Extreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
damn!!! please keep updating us.
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #379
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

^^Definitely! You guys should have sponsored me!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #380
dreamin240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
dreamin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dreamin240sx
hell ya man looking good you need to hit some events on the east coast like ecb or summit point...
Old 03-02-2013, 05:12 AM   #381
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Dude gas out there would be crazy! Some day.

Please note the time these were posted.... Still have work to do before driving tomorrow.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #382
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

So today went well...

One step closer to winning that 3k prize.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #383
Rpjohns3
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Rpjohns3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You win first place alot at sonoma. They must really like you there lol but seriously great build and car. I said whats up to you at pro am round 4 at 99 after t was over awhile back and said I read your whole build thread. Do you remember me? I was a younger guy.
Rpjohns3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #384
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpjohns3 View Post
You win first place alot at sonoma. They must really like you there lol but seriously great build and car. I said whats up to you at pro am round 4 at 99 after t was over awhile back and said I read your whole build thread. Do you remember me? I was a younger guy.
Yea man! Sonoma is my SPOT! I love that layout and real race track driving. No walls=win. The car was so dialed yesterday is wasn't even funny. I did like 9 100pt qualifying runs in a row on my lead runs. Super consistent. I really need to turn this into a FD license.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #385
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
need x2 speed and x10 tire smoke.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #386
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Pretty cool video from this past weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8o5daxSLw
Old 03-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #387
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Some new photos are starting to come out from this past weekend. Here are some from Carbon Studios

Old 03-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #388
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I like that dog.
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #389
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

He's super rad.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #390
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
You make a spare too?

bauce!