Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
louisdaboois
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
louisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
ghetto turbo hybrid questionaire

hey guys, allllright well i have come to a dilema. so my t25 turbo's oil seal have gone to crap, and i cant pick up chicks with my car smoking. anyway, i have a turbo off of a ford thunderbird which is a t3 and a little bigger. i'm ridiculously (sp?) broke because of school and bills and shit so im trying to finish this up pretty cheap (like every other 240 owner lol).

i know i know, it's probably better for me just to get a rebuild kit and call it a day, but i figure i may be able to get some extra power for cheaps. I've googled and stuff, but cant seem to find measurements for the t-bird turbo such as the center shaft diameter.

I know this is ghetto, but im trying to make a T2/T3 hybrid (as useless as that may sound to you guys, i like to experiment). I'm hoping to be able to use the T3 center housing, compressor wheel and housing, with the T2 center shaft, turbine wheel and housing.

I'm trying to get some information from all of you knowledgable people in zilviatown, usa before i tear everything apart. thanks in advance to all the people who help, and fuck you guys who flame.
louisdaboois is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
power doesn't come cheap. just rebuild the t25 and go back to chasing tail.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:59 PM   #3
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You going to balance this in your kitchen too?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
sillyvia13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
sillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
probly best off measuring it all yourself, in the kitchen, and see if its possible, taking someones word often sucks, because of misunderstood reading something or really have no clue or care...and will tell you whatever...

measure it up, post it up and let us know if its a go..
if not, rebuild, and let dude above said, cont. to chase the na na.
sillyvia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:55 PM   #5
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
im not saying u CANT do it but thats like a idea i had mounting a evo 8 or 9 turbo in a redtop... you woudlnt really gain much and i dont if this applies to what ur planning but think about the $$$ for custom lines and stuff like that... not trying to kill your idea just giving some things to think about before starting and end up wasting a bunch of $$$ since you already have none to start with...
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #6
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Just get another T25, jesus. It's not like they're expensive.

And those girls you "can't pick up"? They'll find out you're cheap anyway... if they're not cool with a smoking T25, they're not cool enough for zilvia.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote