Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:29 AM   #1
Options13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
Options13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Kogucifer SR20VET Build

Hello Zilvians,

I've been meaning to start a build thread on this car, but i kept putting it off. Now i'm at a point where it's basically done, so i'll try and back log as much as I can. I'll be sure to document my next build better.. lol

Anyway, I have an S14 Kouki that went under the knife about 3 years ago. It's been in the fab shop for a tube front, v-mount setup, and full cage. About 1 year into that project I decided I needed something to drive in the mean time while my s14 was down.

I stubbled upon this S13 that was "98% complete" which was complete dog shit. Anyways I got the car and wanted to make it a missile car to bang into walls and not care.

WELL, knowing me.. one thing led to another and it became an all out build.. ahah

The build started like this

STRAIGHT TO THE FAB SHOP!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2016, 03:24 PM   #2
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
More updates!
Old 11-29-2016, 10:20 PM   #3
Options13
Nissanaholic!

Options13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the rough
After i got it back from the fab shop (SDMF CUSTOMS) I got right down to business. Got it ready for paint, and i slowly found myself turning this into an all out build as time progressed. Again, this car was supposed to be a missile, smh.

After some time sanding everything and getting it to the point of satisfaction, we laid some paint down.

In the picture above is my friend Knox Karam (G35), I'm fortunate enough to have awesome friends who have helped me turn this car into what it is today. The car wouldn't be where it's at today without the help of my friend Knox.

MEANWHILE... I'm piecing together the SR20DET that came with the car. $3000 for a koguchi hatch with an sr20... DEALS RIGHT? hah.. anyways here's the SR20 in all it's glory.

p.s I absolutely hated the color of the block after it was placed in the car. It looked like someone puked all over my engine, it bugged the SHIT out of me..

GT2871r

Fast Forward a few weeks, we are back in the fab shop for a few touch-ups, and the motor is in! It actually ended up staying in the fab shop for a little while due to issues with the last owner of the vehicle. The last owner was actually renting a space in my shop and he started seeing how sick the car was turning out so he requested more money on top of the $3000 i already paid him, so while I was in the process of evicting his ass I kept the vehicle at the fab shop. I'm so thankful for the guys over at SDMF customs, they really helped me turn the car into what I wanted it to be, Dustin and KC are just full of ideas, they are constantly innovating.

After shit settled down at my shop and I got that damn free loader out, the car moved back to it's new home. Let me tell you guys, this car was fucked UP, the quarter panel was basically falling off, due to a poor repair. The guys over at SDMF had to basically re-weld on the whole thing. I found tons of other bull shit on the car I wasn't happy about, it only motivated me more to kick that bum out of my shop. He actually moved out of state after the whole situation.

I absolutely hated the wheels, so I got something that suited the car a little better.

She was finally ready to be shown off at our shop meet

Dual Caliper Brackets & Lower Control Arm Kit from SDMF Customs

The Car was ready for the dyno over at Portland Speed Industries!

The car made a whopping 328whp and 278tq if i remember right. It ran like complete ass the whole way home.

Last edited by Options13; 11-29-2016 at 11:17 PM..
Options13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:43 PM   #4
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
But that purple/blue hotness....
I'm such a sucker for that color flip flop.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:22 PM   #5
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
definitely not a missile
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:17 AM   #6
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
So running like ass means good or bad for you.. cuz id get money back for a shit tune just sayinn
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:35 AM   #7
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Subscribed.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:52 AM   #8
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I think I follow this shop on Instagram. Cool builds!!
Old 11-30-2016, 06:22 AM   #9
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
I really dig the color!

Did you have the car tuned while on the dyno or was it just to see what numbers it made??
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:19 AM   #10
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
It was a tune but it still ran like shit.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:47 AM   #11
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
The car looks like it has had nice work done....but those wheels don't fit the car at all. (or they're just generally unattractive)
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:33 PM   #12
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cool build pimp.

One question though. Why have the intercooler horizontal like that?
Old 11-30-2016, 04:03 PM   #13
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
is that the itemb fc in one of those pics? I follow the dude on insta
Old 11-30-2016, 05:02 PM   #14
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Those wheels look huge are they 20s?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:05 PM   #15
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
why cosmis WHYYYYYY
Old 11-30-2016, 06:37 PM   #16
Options13
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
is that the itemb fc in one of those pics? I follow the dude on insta
yes, this is actually his old hatch, unfortunately.

and god damn cosmis wheels aren't welcomed around here..lol

maybe this will make you guys feel better

Old 11-30-2016, 10:46 PM   #17
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
cosmis wheels are not that bad, but the new wheels are tight
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote