Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-14-2016, 08:16 PM   #1
drb5721
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
drb5721 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs down maf kills car

Hey guys.

Blacktop SR20DET, running 62 RedTop ECU, GT3076R turbo, open downpipe, 2.5in intercooler piping, stock injectors, no tune that I am aware of, no bung yet for wideband.

Months ago I had an injector take a dump on me at the same time as a coolant hose under the intake popping. Got the coolant leak taken care of the caught the turbo on fire with the car running super lean. Adjusted timing a little to get the car home. Found cylinder 1 injector reading unlimited resistance. Replaced and still can't get the car to run 100%. Revs pretty good, does not overheat, compression check results were good, all within around 5 psi. Mechanical and ignition timing spot on per FMS. Cannot really check much beyond this due to the fact I cannot get the car to run spot on yet. I took it down the road the other day and blew off an intercooler pipe. The car pulls really hard once you get the engine to run stable. When I blew off the intercooler pipe I damaged the MAF wiring. Fixed the wiring to find out I damaged the MAF as well. Car was loading up seriously with fuel to the point all you could see was black smoke with the maf plugged in. Vac was reading like 4inhg with maf plugged up, and almost 20 unplugged. If i attempted to reconnect the ground wire back to the maf, the car would die instantly. Ordered a different maf, fixed all intercooler connections, ordered new MAF pigtail and installed. This MAF won't even let the car run. If I unhook it, I can get the car to start and idle, vac looks pretty good, but literally cannot even touch the maf connector to the maf without the car dying.

I pulled ecu codes and I'm getting a 12 and a 34. MAF and Knock Sensor Respectively. Knock doesn't concern me much, but MAF is my central problem right now. I checked continuity of each wire in the maf diagram and all checks out. This leads me to think its post wiring which leaves only the sensor. Is there anything else I should check before ordering yet another sensor?
drb5721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2016, 03:39 PM   #2
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The ecu!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 12:02 PM   #3
drb5721
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
drb5721 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
https://vid.me/pfVV
https://vid.me/cewN

Video 1 is the car runnin with maf unhooked. The cars reaction to the maf connector being plugged in is what I am stumped by and why i think this maf is also bad.

Video 2 is gauges with maf unhooked
drb5721 is offline   Reply With Quote