Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #91
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to svensko
I'm to the point where I'll probably just rebuild my KA, maybe supercharge it, and just leave the exterior stock. Reliable fun car > being hassled by cops.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #92
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
unlegendary is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
aw man really? i should buy a fixie bike then.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #93
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
TurboSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Modifying cars is stupid. There is no practical reason to do what we do, it drains our wallets, gets us dirty, makes us curse and drink beer. I have $20k invested in a car that doesn't have a motor in it, or front wheels or seats or a steering wheel...and if my garage caught fire tomorrow, I'd be crushed. Hobbies are something we do, not because they make sense, but because they make us happy. I love being in my garage, I love my "car", I don't care if it's a smart investment or a wise way to spend my money...if I didn't have a car to fix, I'd do a lot more drugs and drink a lot more beer and still be poor.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #94
RB24_S14
Zilvia Junkie

RB24_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
woah. I think modifying is a hobby. I like the stock JDM look, but so does everyone that likes the S or Z chassy, Well most. Some people can make a car look ugly and ricy. But aslong as you know what your doing your car will make you proud and put a smile on your face when you are finished. The whole reason why I started working when I was 16 was because I wanted a 240sx or a 300zx and modify it. If you like something go for it, who cares if gas is expensive. If you dont have fun whats the point of having a car? Obiously if your on a car forum its because you not only use your car to drive to work.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #95
2_slow_40
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
2_slow_40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB24_S14 View Post
Some people can make a car look ugly and ricy. But aslong as you know what your doing your car will make you proud and put a smile on your face when you are finished .

YEAH!!! You are soooo correct. When I finish working on my awesome cars, I realize that I just found 17 more things that I get to fix. YESSSS!!! I love it!
(There is ALWAYS a big smile to be found on my face.)

Quote:
If you like something go for it, who cares if gas is expensive.
You're absolutely mother freaking right!!! I sure don't care that gas is expensive, shoot, I love spending over $40 every time I drive 200 miles. (SOOOO TIGHT!!!!!)

Quote:
If you dont have fun whats the point of having a car?
You make a good point here^^^. I totally agree 100% with that. Just because you have a job, and you like to go to the store occasionally doesn't mean you should have a car, that's just dumb and pointless. Maybe those people should just get a horse and carriage or something huh? Idiots I tell you.

In all seriousness though, modifying cars is hecka lame. Why ever would one do such a thing??? Why would you want to ruin a perfectly good 20 year old car for God's sake!!!??? Dumb kids, I swear!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #96
Ryeno

Ryeno is an unknown quantity at this point
Bump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
however ive chosen to spend 90% of my youth in, under or on top of a car, when i should have chosen to spend 90% of my youth in, under or on top of a girl.
I agree. Even if I could justify the money I've wasted it's the time that's really a bummer. It's always possible to make more money in the future but it's never possible to get your time back. Especially such peek prime years as late teens or early 20s.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #97
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
This thread makes me want to hang myself........oh wait theres an exhaust leak I got to fix.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #98
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Bambi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Fuck yeah it is.
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #99
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Fuck yeah it is.
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Now what broke on your car again?

Modifying cars is so stupid OP got rid of his Pink car and got a rusty-looking Z
Old 08-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #100
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
nope.

its true right?

the most basic equation would be: More fuel + More air = More power.

therefor more power would require more fuel which would result in worse efficiency.

I guess the word efficiency meand nothing to you?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-31-2013, 10:28 PM   #101
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSE View Post
Modifying cars is stupid. There is no practical reason to do what we do, it drains our wallets, gets us dirty, makes us curse and drink beer.
Much like protected sex.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #102
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
What's stupid about "modifying cars" are the people that build cars to the extreme. We've all seen the build threads, magazine articles and blog features. Some dood takes "X-car" and turns it into a parts mash, custom work, fanboi dream all in the name of "Race car".

I know of several 240's on this form that went down that path. Expensive bracing, roll cages, fixed back seats, A/C deletes, all new control arms, suspension arms, big brakes, crazy wheels, expensive body kits... et al... owners then ended up all emo because they have EXTREMELY HARSH cars that always had something wrong, that never seemed as perfect as their photos implied and at the end of the day the car wouldn't even compare to a base C6 on the track. oh, and these cars never saw the track in the first place.

Do it because you like to tinker. Don't do it for show.. and yes, a "omfg daily race car" is for show. Paying $50 three times a summer to "drift" in a parking lot is not a race car.

These are racecars.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #103
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
What's stupid about "modifying cars" are the people that build cars to the extreme. We've all seen the build threads, magazine articles and blog features. Some dood takes "X-car" and turns it into a parts mash, custom work, fanboi dream all in the name of "Race car".

I know of several 240's on this form that went down that path. Expensive bracing, roll cages, fixed back seats, A/C deletes, all new control arms, suspension arms, big brakes, crazy wheels, expensive body kits... et al... owners then ended up all emo because they have EXTREMELY HARSH cars that always had something wrong, that never seemed as perfect as their photos implied and at the end of the day the car wouldn't even compare to a base C6 on the track. oh, and these cars never saw the track in the first place.

Do it because you like to tinker. Don't do it for show.. and yes, a "omfg daily race car" is for show. Paying $50 three times a summer to "drift" in a parking lot is not a race car.

These are racecars.

Dude... Not everybody does this for racecar or show. I get what you're saying, and I laugh when I think of the things some of these people do in the name of 'becauseracecar'; but there is another reason some of us do this...

No matter what, everyone needs an outlet- Some do it for recognition, others do it because they can, others do it solely for the journey to see where it takes them and what they will learn along the way.

Then there are those dudes/dudettes who do the bare minimum on tight budgets in the name of getting just one more lap in at the drift event. They know in most cases, that these cars aren't 'racecars'... but to them, drifting is a 'sport' that they love and find happiness in when they participate; or get an 'attaboy' from someone they look up to.

It's not unlike any other hobby or creative outlet out there- Just expensive.

Is modifying cars stupid? No.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #104
ultimateforce
Zilvia Member

ultimateforce is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryeno View Post
Bump.

I agree. Even if I could justify the money I've wasted it's the time that's really a bummer. It's always possible to make more money in the future but it's never possible to get your time back. Especially such peek prime years as late teens or early 20s.
I wish I spent more time screwing around with cars now that I am 30 (and thus an old man) and less time doing other dumb stuff. Oh boy, I sure did put my dick in a lot of girls when I was in my 20s in college, but I still wish I would have actually finished either of my S13s now that I look back on it. You can't really have it all, and the grass is always greener is what I am getting at.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #105
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I'm trying to get everything done to my S13 while I'm still young. The thought of continuously modifying when I'm older seems very unappealing, at least on these cars. When I finish building my S13s... I'm moving onto the Porsche 911.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #106
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
It's just like bulimia!
have to disagree. At least with bulimia you get back out what you put in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
I'm trying to get everything done to my S13 while I'm still young. The thought of continuously modifying when I'm older seems very unappealing, at least on these cars. When I finish building my S13s... I'm moving onto the Porsche 911.
totally where I'm at right now. Although it's an never ending battle between 911 and GTR. My nissan roots pick at me. Although I had 911 carrera 4s pass me the other day with exhaust going about 90-95. Sounded fucking awesome. My 911 will definitely be a turbo lol. I don't want one if its not. The 911 is definitely the better looking car but the gtr is cheaper and I could do some nice mods with that money saved. I'll worry about it when the time comes....if ever lol. Try not to think about more cars while already doing one.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #107
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
what is stupid is this thread being bumped after 3 years of being dead.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 03-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #108
Skidward

Skidward is an unknown quantity at this point
Modifying and playing with cars is stupid fun!
Old 03-15-2014, 10:23 AM   #109
Skidward

I do like modifying cars. It is a hobby and passion. Modifying cars is something that keeps me going through a sometimes dreary and stressful day at work. I have stacks of different car magazines and think about it a lot. I like the challenge of making changes that are tasteful yet faithful to the original design and function of the car. I tend to like old school JDM mods and personalize the car for myself. If other people like wide body, gutted, roll caged track cars then that is coolness too. I hope to eventually get there with a second car. I also like innovation and blending modern technology within old school design. It is all good. I try to stay open and positive and not to judge whether something is right or wrong but only why I like it and how it works for me.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:06 PM   #110
BigKriss
Leaky Injector

BigKriss is making a name for him/her selfBigKriss is making a name for him/her self
My daily driver. S14, full cage, rb26 , 650 wheel hp, big brakes, rose joint suspension, etc, etc.
I prefer driving this than a big comfy auto Bmw or similar. Why? Because I modified it to be like this and it is what I enjoy.

Daily driver bud..
Old 03-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #111
Skidward

Very nice! Now that is what I'm talking about...tasteful and well done! Nothing stupid about it...except stupid fast!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:54 PM   #112
Skidward

So, did I like totally kill this thread or did it just die on its own?!
Old 05-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #113
Skidward

Close this thread?!

Close this thread?! No action for some time...anyone?
Closed Thread