Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-04-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
EJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ253 Send a message via MSN to EJ253
GT wing options

im buying a big carbon fiber GT wing for my S14.
i was thinking APR GTC-300, but does anyone have any other ideas that might cost a few hundred dollars less? yashio factory, uras, ings+1, i dunno something like that. so help me out! and where can i get it from?

thanks,
Greg

BTW, feel free to leave your opinion, even tho i didnt ask for it.
also, i hope someone links me to an ebay auction for a metal $20 wing. it'll be funny, and everyone will love you.

DriftUtah | UtahNissans | MySpace | I <3 Drifting. Keep it Real.
Secret Society
EJ253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2007, 12:07 AM   #2
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
only thing cheaper really is origin wing but it looks worse
all the japanese ones cost a grip, 2k+

uras just sells china wings you can get one off ebay for like 150$ or something, looks like crap
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GT-3D...32464426QQrdZ1

if you are gonna get apr get the 500 300 is too small, looks stupid

i wanted a gt wing for a while but now i just hate them because they are all the wrong size

this is like the only wing i have found that is big enough to not look stupid and i cant even find the site that sells it. it has glavis R stickers all over it.

china needs to hurry the fuck up and make gt500 wings
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:45 AM   #3
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

EJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfection
thanks for the help bra

so APR it is.

are those steal-proof? like can anyone just come up and unbolt it?
what can i do to make it safer (this is my daily driver)

Secret Society
Old 07-05-2007, 01:10 AM   #4
d*star180
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
d*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can always get an Origin or any other 3d wing, and make your own endplates and wingstays. Make some nice thick wing stays that DONT point forward super corny and space them really wide apart, then finish it off with some thick rounder endplates and it would really make those stupid China ebay wings look MUCH better. If i had my choice, Sard and Voltex knockoffs would be availible by now.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:40 AM   #5
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Uras deck mount FTMFW
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:56 AM   #6
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ253 View Post
are those steal-proof? like can anyone just come up and unbolt it?
what can i do to make it safer (this is my daily driver)
Nothing is steal proof, sorry man.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:06 AM   #7
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
nope easily rip offable
Old 07-05-2007, 09:17 AM   #8
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Came across this one. $260 full CF wrap. Though their pics suck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/59-RE...0901QQtcZphoto

Dunno about quality or fitment, 59"width and fully adjustable mounts.

Gotta love the Apexi exhaust box its sitting on, a little deceptive branding for this wing.
mehsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:22 PM   #9
chmercer
BANNED

that thing looks like dick in person
Old 07-05-2007, 04:25 PM   #10
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
blang

http://www.voltex.ne.jp/english/witem/witem.html
Old 07-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #11
chaser
Leaky Injector

chaser is an unknown quantity at this point
wing for looks; or down-force?
chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #12
NI_YON_Zenki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
NI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I would hope down force, I don't want to know any wing around being produced (esp. GT) simply for looks. .. .

Voltex is a serious, SERIOUS company to aquire. .. .WORTH IT!
Old 07-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #13
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
whats so bad about a wing made just for its looks?

your buddy doesn't have any problem buying and installing a wing just for looks
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #14
InspireMS
Zilvia Member

InspireMS will become famous soon enoughInspireMS will become famous soon enoughInspireMS will become famous soon enoughInspireMS will become famous soon enough
Sorry to go off-topic but does it doesnt need a new thread.

anyone know what kind of wing is on "Red Square"'s kouki. reason for asking here instead of pm-ing is because i dont see him online much. that wing looks wicked.
InspireMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #15
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
if you're scared of getting it stolen, just take it off for DD and bolt it up for track days.
kouki_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:24 PM   #16
chmercer
BANNED

i think he has a gt-500 wing

any wing makes downforce

piece of plywood at a 45 degree angle makes downforce

radio antenna makes downforce
Old 07-05-2007, 09:24 PM   #17
d*star180
Zilvia Junkie

d*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by InspireMS View Post
Sorry to go off-topic but does it doesnt need a new thread.

anyone know what kind of wing is on "Red Square"'s kouki. reason for asking here instead of pm-ing is because i dont see him online much. that wing looks wicked.
Like Chmercer said, his is a modified APR GT500,with custom wing stays.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:26 PM   #18
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Origin roof wing looks cool if its level.

when you put alot of rake on the deck it starts looking like ebay shitpile wing.

also the endplates and perches suck.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #19
mochee_garage
Leaky Injector

mochee_garage is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to mochee_garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki_s14 View Post
if you're scared of getting it stolen, just take it off for DD and bolt it up for track days.

same thing i would do
Old 07-07-2007, 12:54 AM   #20
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

thanks for the advice guys

i asked redsquare i while back, i think hes got a GTC-300 (not the 500)
but i might be wrong

i think the 300 it is. i'll post pics once i get it
thanks again

Secret Society
Old 07-07-2007, 02:54 AM   #21
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
The 300 is too small...

but judging by your other posts, your car is going to look like dog shit

don't forget to stencil the DA logo onto your wing

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #22
Red Square
Zilvia Junkie

Red Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfection
there two types of gt300, 61" and 67." im running the 61" with stock body and low 300 hp. ill be switch it later with a bigger one after my wide body and new motor setup is complete.

EJ253, i dont think ive seen your car. hope your running decent power.

wing with in stock body lines....
Old 07-07-2007, 09:48 PM   #23
d*star180
Zilvia Junkie

FUCK THAT. I wanna see someone put a GIANT Sard wing on a car with stock ka.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:08 AM   #24
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

heres the car:

S14 sr, S15 t28
nothin special 280whp

Secret Society
Old 07-08-2007, 12:18 AM   #25
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Square View Post
there two types of gt300, 61" and 67." im running the 61" with stock body and low 300 hp. ill be switch it later with a bigger one after my wide body and new motor setup is complete.

EJ253, i dont think ive seen your car. hope your running decent power.

wing with in stock body lines....
when was the last time enough wind past over the wing for it to be useful, I mean drove the car, I mean

hahaha Im JK..Hard parker...

Austin sold the Benzy, and now I dont know what the fluck hes doing.

-that tall white guy
-Robby
Old 07-08-2007, 12:21 AM   #26
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212 View Post
The 300 is too small...
hahaha, did you look at the post under yours?
you got owned after one post

like i said, 300 it is

Secret Society
Old 07-08-2007, 12:25 AM   #27
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212 View Post
but judging by your other posts, your car is going to look like dog shit
don't forget to stencil the DA logo onto your wing
you're probably right tho. my car will look like shit,
v mount, uras hood vent, and APR GT wing.

lets see your car, so i can make it my desktop background, its probably so hot haha

Secret Society
Old 07-08-2007, 05:44 AM   #28
TipStylez
Zilvia Addict

TipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ253 View Post
you're probably right tho. my car will look like shit,
v mount, uras hood vent, and APR GT wing.

lets see your car, so i can make it my desktop background, its probably so hot haha

That shit sounds like its gonna look badass.
TipStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:24 AM   #29
NissanOwnsU
Zilvia Junkie

NissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymore
go to signal auto's website, i like there wing alot but be ready to bend over on the price
NissanOwnsU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:39 AM   #30
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
big
real real big is the only way you shuold go