Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:23 PM   #1
GripStigma
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
GripStigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
RB 1988 Nissan silvia - Two Tone

What's up dudes?! Some of you may know me from the gram @hardparkedsilvia, and if not.... well, here's the build/story. Enjoy!

Little backstory:

The car was brought in through Hi-Rev Imports, back in 2014. The first owner literally just drove the car, and that was it, he owned it for about 2 years before he sold it. A guy i know from down south ended up purchasing it from him, and added some items to the car before he got bored and decided to sell, which where my build begins....

Just to be thorough, ill start this post off from very beginning, in japan, to current.

So, here she is, in japan, before importation:

Hi-Rev, the importer, added some cheap rota wheels, re-painted the rear bumper, and added their own "hardware" for the fender bolts. After that, the first owner never changed anything... SO.. to fast forward...

Here's how i picked up the car:

The owner before me added the following: Bricks/aero bumper/coilovers/wheels/z32 brakes/dorki dori skirts & rear valances

Now, to start the build thread. Again... i've owned/been building this car now for 2 years, so i have alot to post... always meant to create a thread back then, but lets face it.. i was too lazy.

Being the OEM+ Purist that i am... The first few things i had to do were....

1. Install BNIB OEM Bricks
2. Install BNIB OEM 50/50 Turn signals
3. Install BNIB OEM Corner lights
4. Install BNIB OEM Big letter grille

A few weeks after, my dmax trunk wing/roof wing/and bomex lip arrived, so a test fit commenced...

Small pause, at this point, as i just got the car and wanted to cruise around and enjoy it. The CA18DE became boring super fast (obviously)
I began to toss around the swap options... Originally i was dead set on just putting an CA18DET in it to keep it hella jdm tyte oem.. and so on... End result, i decided it was gonna be RB25 NEO. I ordered my motor set from JDM ORLANDO, and it arrived the next day.

From there, it was time to pull the trans and get it on a stand to do some maintenance before it was ready to put into the car.

Just to list a few.... Also had the covers powder coated bronze to match my wheels.

More parts then began to roll in...

I'm the kinda dude who wants to have every single piece ready before i start a swap.. I CANT stand my car to be down for long. LOL, so once all needed parts were in, i began to pull the CA18DE, and install the RB. Pictures to follow, tomorrow i will finish this off up to current state of car.

IG @hardparkedsilvia
GripStigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2018, 10:00 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
for some reason I thought this was a FS thread when I saw your username. Freaked out for a second.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
GripStigma
Zilvia Junkie

It was swap day, time to remove the baby CA18.

BUT FIRST!! bumper and lights taken off, and put into safe keeping for this process!

Everything undone, shes ready to come out. Actually had a buyer on the way that night, an hour after it came out, we were loading it on a truck.

CA was out, garage was a mess, and it was time for bed!

Installed harness onto motor, test fitted it a few times, had to massage the firewall a bit, but here she was in her new home. Now it was time to bolt up transmission, run the exhaust, install the intake, etc!

Being RHD, and going RB, i had to source out an r33 clutch master to clear the intake.

Motor was just about buttoned up, my chasebays powersteering came in, and installed!

Everything installed, wired up, and ready to go. Tooke her for a quick spin to the gas station. What a feeling! She ROARED!

Took her out to the local meet the next night!

Went for the first voyage about an hour and a half drive south 3 days after swap. She was solid, and couldnt resist the cliche photo..

Trimmed bumper for the intercooler, and re-installed!

At this point, i was just enjoying the car.. getting used to the new swap/working out bugs that arose over time. Took the car to Super car weekend down here in florida, and ran into a good buddy of mine as i was leaving who shot a few pics!

Here is where my OEM+ purist shows itself. Some parts i had stored away were finally ready to be installed...

Nissan Rescue man tool.

Quarter window light up louvers

Picture installed:

OEM Lighted key ring

OEM Metal dead pedal

OEM door card "magazine" holder

Some quick pics of the louvers in full working order after installation:

All new door seals/cowl seal/and door sils arrived & installed!

UPPER:

DOOR SURROUND:

BUMPERS FOR HOOD/TRUNK/DOORS:

DOOR SILS:

Finally after almost a year and a half... I had the front bumper repainted (previous owner had a cheap job done) and had the dmax roof & trunk wing done, along with the bomex lip!

Finished product after all parts were finished and installed.

Scored me a sweet deal on one of these TOMEI 3-Point strut bars. Now time to restore it back to 100% original, and install.

RB26 Covers came in also, and some new oem seals

At this point, we're pretty much caught up to date. The last photos im going to post are from a sweet opportunity that arose for me. Honored, that my Silvia will be featured in S3 MAG! These are some sneak-peak photos from the shoot, to wrap this up.

IG @hardparkedsilvia
Old 04-28-2018, 03:22 PM   #4
GripStigma
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
for some reason I thought this was a FS thread when I saw your username. Freaked out for a second.
HUGE Negative my dude!

IG @hardparkedsilvia
Old 04-28-2018, 05:21 PM   #5
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the attention to detail and fitment are exceptional.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:31 PM   #6
stopbruh

Trader Rating: (1)
stopbruh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
one of my favorite builds!!!
stopbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:35 AM   #7
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Still can't get over your car(s). I wish mine was this clean lol
Old 04-30-2018, 07:31 AM   #8
BryanS14
Leaky Injector

BryanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Beautiful car! Very very well done!
Old 04-30-2018, 11:30 AM   #9
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Top notch. It's definitely all in the details.

question:

The hood, trunk and doors use the same stoppers? same p/n?

Old 04-30-2018, 11:50 AM   #10
GripStigma
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
Top notch. It's definitely all in the details.

question:

The hood, trunk and doors use the same stoppers? same p/n?

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/part...840-r3003.html (trunk rubber stopper.)

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/part...872-w1010.html (door rubber stopper/i used these for the hood.)

IG @hardparkedsilvia
Old 04-30-2018, 11:52 AM   #11
GripStigma
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
the attention to detail and fitment are exceptional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopbruh View Post
one of my favorite builds!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyzsilvia View Post
Still can't get over your car(s). I wish mine was this clean lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanS14 View Post
Beautiful car! Very very well done!
Thank you guys!!

IG @hardparkedsilvia
Old 04-30-2018, 11:12 PM   #12
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
You forgot to post about probably the rarest thing on your car, the side mirror visors! I think in 9 years I've only seen one pair ever posted for sale here.
Also, what did you use to line the edge of the front lip? The rubber molding looking stuff.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:17 AM   #13
GripStigma
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
You forgot to post about probably the rarest thing on your car, the side mirror visors! I think in 9 years I've only seen one pair ever posted for sale here.
Also, what did you use to line the edge of the front lip? The rubber molding looking stuff.
Honestly... i forgot a bunch of things! Lol. I’ll add them in i guess. As for the rubber mounding, it’s a Toyota part. The rubber strip they use between their aero pieces. 76875-06020-C0 Is the part number!

IG @hardparkedsilvia
Old 05-01-2018, 09:02 AM   #14
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
This is a beautiful car- very well done! I love all of the restoration aspects of it as I am currently doing the same. Just spent a grip on moldings, weather stripping, and other little replacement items like those rubber bumpers you picked up. Details like those add so much to the car!

Did you source the new lighting items from YAJ? I remember seeing some clean brand new bricks and corner lights on there a while back. I would love to build one of these cars one day to keep alongside my hatch.

I think the only thing that bothers me about this car sometimes is the Mishimoto intercooler. For some reason seeing that logo stenciled on the front just feels like it brings the amazing quality of the car down a notch. However, that is me being VERY nit picky. I love this car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripStigma View Post
As for the rubber mounding, it’s a Toyota part. The rubber strip they use between their aero pieces. 76875-06020-C0 Is the part number!
This is excellent! I've been looking for something similar. Appreciate you sharing the part number.

Glad you shared the build here. Looking forward to the issue of S3 with your car in it showing up!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:33 AM   #15
GripStigma
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
This is a beautiful car- very well done! I love all of the restoration aspects of it as I am currently doing the same. Just spent a grip on moldings, weather stripping, and other little replacement items like those rubber bumpers you picked up. Details like those add so much to the car!

Did you source the new lighting items from YAJ? I remember seeing some clean brand new bricks and corner lights on there a while back. I would love to build one of these cars one day to keep alongside my hatch.

I think the only thing that bothers me about this car sometimes is the Mishimoto intercooler. For some reason seeing that logo stenciled on the front just feels like it brings the amazing quality of the car down a notch. However, that is me being VERY nit picky. I love this car!

This is excellent! I've been looking for something similar. Appreciate you sharing the part number.

Glad you shared the build here. Looking forward to the issue of S3 with your car in it showing up!
I appreciate the kind words!!

As for the new lighting, i have a buddy who can source Japan’s oem stock. He’s how I’ve gotten just about all of my BNIB oem stuff. Lighting, and my oem silvia rain visors which i forgot to add to the build thread.. oops lol.

I’m honestly on the fence about the stenciled “M” also. I like it, but at the same time i don’t, mainly because i feel as if it’s not properly centered on the intercooler. I could turn it around to rid of it, and gain some cleanliness out of that. I’ve also tossed around the idea of having it powder coated with the old school “nismo” logo or something of the sort. Haven’t quite made up my mind there lol.

IG @hardparkedsilvia
Old 05-01-2018, 10:29 AM   #16
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
I think the powder coated old nismo logo would look more at home than the mishimoto M imo.
Great work so far, in for updates
Old 05-01-2018, 10:55 AM   #17
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

brokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enough
This thing is perfect [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brokeboi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:02 PM   #18
GripStigma
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
I think the powder coated old nismo logo would look more at home than the mishimoto M imo.
Great work so far, in for updates
Yeah I’m thinking that’s the route I’m gonna go. The oem+ look and them “m” kinda clash, imo. 👍🏽

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeboi01 View Post
This thing is perfect [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽 Thank you my dude! ❤️

IG @hardparkedsilvia
Old 05-02-2018, 07:36 PM   #19
ParkerVX

ParkerVX is an unknown quantity at this point
god damn that bitch is sexy my friend!
ParkerVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:07 PM   #20
GripStigma
Zilvia Junkie

Some more stuff has started to arrive. First up is the DressUpBolt kit for s13 engine bay! Super nice hardware!

Super pleased with these. I also have the RB engine dress up kit on order.

Next up is the Raw Brokerage valve cover bolt/washer kit, and the AN fittings for breathers!

Came across JLDesignFab by accident one day... Thats all it took lol.

They make some nice dress up stuff like this sick fuse box cover/RB26 Igniter filler piece!

Then the OEM RB26 CAS collar-grommet came in!

I don't even have to explain this one

Lastly... but least by any means... I was browsing ebay one night, and came across an "S13 Silvia Tomei BMC stopper" so of course i bought it. It was in instanbul and took centruries to get here... Only for me to realize it was an R32 Tomei BMC stopper..... LOL FAIL..

SOOO..... i went to browsing around and found an old ass thread on here, with someone selling a true S13 Tomei BMC stopper, managed to contact him, and he still had it for sale! Thread was years old LOL! Obviously really old, but it was BNIB!

Thats pretty much it for a parts update! I did realize that i didnt post an interior shot yet... So here we are. If you know ANYONE selling RHD brown door panels (**MINT**) LMFK!

IG @hardparkedsilvia
Old 05-05-2018, 09:58 PM   #21
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Such a dope build man. Keep it up
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote