Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-01-2017, 03:12 PM   #1141
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
New blog post. Much nerd building stuff. I need to drive this thing.

MadrigaliRacing.com - Updates...... Never Stop Working

Old 05-11-2017, 11:05 AM   #1142
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
VQS13 Visual Adjustments

Check out the look of the new kit and read about the updated to both of my cars.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #1143
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I'm impressed you can close the hood without spacers. What's the clearance to the subframe look like? You're using Hexa mounts right?
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:22 AM   #1144
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
I'm impressed you can close the hood without spacers. What's the clearance to the subframe look like? You're using Hexa mounts right?
Yea I was surprised. The clearances are tight and the oil pan is a little low but I'll just be careful. The car is a predominately skidpad car so the risks are lower hopefully. I am using the Hexa mounts with the street inserts as opposed to the solid ones. Everything kind of worked out.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:39 AM   #1145
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
Yea and they match up with the s chassis hubs. So rad.

So Maverick says you have to widen the rear track width with the Z diff and axle setup because the Z diff is wider than S chassis.
However in your picture you have it all bolted up just fine on stock arms.
The axles aren't too compressed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #1146
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
So Maverick says you have to widen the rear track width with the Z diff and axle setup because the Z diff is wider than S chassis.
However in your picture you have it all bolted up just fine on stock arms.
The axles aren't too compressed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They seemed to fit perfect honestly. I read the same but I just tried it and it's been fine. I'll need to get more miles on it to determine if there is any issue.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:22 PM   #1147
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

This things is going to look super sweet.

Check the blog -> Some Detailed Work

Old 05-19-2017, 04:30 PM   #1148
Mitsubayati
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
Mitsubayati is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mitsubayati
25mm bolt on rack spacers (the straight kind) and maxima tie rods might have been long enough.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:49 PM   #1149
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Nice kit. I love the race line bumper, makes it look more updated. Not sure if youre using a bumper support but the valence section will wobble back and forth. I fixed mine with a brace on one of the gas tank tabs to the bumper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:35 PM   #1150
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubayati View Post
25mm bolt on rack spacers (the straight kind) and maxima tie rods might have been long enough.
Possibly. I don't know if changing the pivot point on the tie rod changes anything. These will work, plenty of guys have done it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev71893
Nice kit. I love the race line bumper, makes it look more updated. Not sure if youre using a bumper support but the valence section will wobble back and forth. I fixed mine with a brace on one of the gas tank tabs to the bumper.
Absolutely. Going to have braces on both front and rear. This kit will be mounted very sturdy as it's going to be on the street.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:24 PM   #1151
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Interested in wrapping your car? See what's involved.

Car Wrap

Old 05-26-2017, 03:53 PM   #1152
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Looks gorgeous👌

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:58 PM   #1153
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Oh man, that came out good.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:11 PM   #1154
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Want to know how I feel about Super D? Check out the event recap!

Super D Round 2

Old 06-16-2017, 08:26 PM   #1155
Unit 02

Trader Rating: (0)
Unit 02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fancy car
Unit 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:08 PM   #1156
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Shame about the Super D stuff. Cant wait to drive my HR swapped s13.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:33 PM   #1157
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Shame about the Super D stuff. Cant wait to drive my HR swapped s13.
NBD. Just need to keep my head down. Writing a race car blog update tonight or tomorrow. This thing is going to be sweet.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:01 AM   #1158
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

I made a ton of progress this weekend. If I can figure out these fucking fuel rails I'll be starting it in no time. Check it

Version 7.0
Old 06-19-2017, 08:14 AM   #1159
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Yes these are the things that keep me up at night.
Me too, man. Me too.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:25 PM   #1160
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Check out the new blog post. Also, if you have time listen to the Maximum Driftcast Interview I did a couple days ago! Drifting soon fuckkkkkkk

Up Next.... Driving

Old 08-06-2017, 10:10 PM   #1161
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Check out the latest build thread. New projects and progress.

A Productive Weekend

Old 08-17-2017, 02:49 PM   #1162
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

I drove a thing. Check out the bloggggg.

First Drive - Version 7.0

Old 08-24-2017, 12:37 AM   #1163
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Made a video from Super D last weekend. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uULXI09M92E
Old 01-17-2018, 10:45 AM   #1164
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Finally some updates! Real life hit me like a truck but it's time to get back to it. I posted a new post. Also, check out the video that I've been working on with Anthony Massie and Flowmaster.

Getting Back To It

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AigsVualUVA

Old 02-05-2018, 02:02 PM   #1165
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

A little bit of 1JZ FD3s Update action.

https://www.madrigaliracing.com/sing...7-Build-Update

Old 11-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #1166
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

I haven't posted here in a very long time as I kind of lost interest in documenting everything. My professional drifting has kind of taken a break, but my love for cars and drifting is as strong as ever and I'm very excited to share my progress on the FD.

I have made tons of progress on it and it's very close to being ready to go to the track.

Had my friend Kyle at Lodynamics custom fab the engine and transmission mounts. The available kits for this car and engine combo are trash. He got it sitting as far back and low as possible without dropping the oil pan so low as it will drag on the ground. We also have good hood clearance so it will close properly.

Went with Future Fab for the manifold, top mount single with a Garrett G660 turbo. Fuel is ID1000cc injectors and it is running a in tank 400lph fuel pump.

Custom mounted the radiator vertical for clearance as the JZ is obviously longer than the 13b. Running Derale dual 13" electric fans which are crazy powerful. We also got the breather set up put in cleanly and also had Kyle fab up some really short stainless intercooler piping to go to the Treadstone intercooler. Also running a HKS blow off valve.

Full custom chassis harness with no OEM wiring which interfaces with a wiring specialties engine harness. AEM Infinity 6 and CD-7 cluster are custom mounted on full carbon interior pieces. Trying to keep the interior complete.

Made up a custom carbon fiber intake tube with a HKS filter.

3" oval exhaust which is tucked in the drive shaft tunnel.

Interior is super sick. Still need to get seats, borrowing passenger seats from my other cars for this one for now.

Full Part Shop Max angle kit with Feal 441 drift coils with swift springs.

The response and power is so violent. I'm pumped. Body kit to fit the wheels is in the mail. Get the clearance and ride height set, alignment and drifting. Paint next year.

Last edited by DJPimpFlex; 11-22-2019 at 08:30 PM..
DJPimpFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:22 PM   #1167
blo0d
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
blo0d is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This post resurrected me also, thanks brother!!! Fan from day1 !
blo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:02 PM   #1168
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
JDM_Tuner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Whaaaaat!! so good. excited to see more progress
JDM_Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 10:06 PM   #1169
puz pounda

Trader Rating: (0)
puz pounda is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
love the fd
puz pounda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:00 AM   #1170
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Fudge this is cool!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote