Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #31
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Nice I want to do a v8 in my type x soon!

Keep up the good work!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2011, 07:32 AM   #32
NewS13Guy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
NewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
update?????
NewS13Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:06 AM   #33
jdm_rydaa
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
jdm_rydaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
its lookin good bro. cant wait to see it as it gets done. keep us updated
Old 05-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #34
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Hey Peter, looking good so far. I heard through the grapevine you had a build thread on here.... I said no way. Low and behold here you are.... and it looks as though you are definitely going to be done before me. I hate you! :-)

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #35
Gjohnson7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Gjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Looks great man! Keep the pics and updates coming!

LSX Kouki Project, swap completed in Dec 09
Gjohnson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #36
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i wish i had money.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:18 PM   #37
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Pstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thanks for all the comments guys.

I was on vacation for the past week so I didnt get much done. This weekend Im going to tackle a lot including banging out the firewall, getting it ready for the LS3 and will get more of my interior back together.

Ill leave you with the photos of my new Cibie headlights that I got from clearcorners.com. After doing some research I decided on these over the ebay projector headlights because of the OEM beam pattern vs a blinding projector on the ebay headlights.

Im eager to test these out as I know the stock headlights are very poor in brightness. You cant really see in this photo but its approx half the thickness.

Oh and the Corbeau seats do sit a bit high with the stock cushion so I ripped apart the stock S13 seats and reused the lower cushion, cut it down so there would be less material and have dropped it off to be wrapped. I should be at stock ride height with the seats after this.

Here's the seat with the S13 cushion being test fitted.

Side by side comparo with the stock cushion and the modified S13 one.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:53 PM   #38
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
How much where the headlights from there? I was going to buy them off another site
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #39
s13silvia_R
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
s13silvia_R is making a name for him/her selfs13silvia_R is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow Peter, the car is looking damn good. The LS3 is going to be a beast.
What do you plan to do with the rear seats? have them re-wrapped to match the Corbeau? I love the attention to details you deliver in building your cars, pure awesome and clean.
Are those the same Enkei you had on your DC2 when you were still in Toronto? If they are the same one, they were pretty aggressive on your DC2.
s13silvia_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #40
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Good luck over the weekend PT! Hope you finally get some free time to get stuff done.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #41
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Pstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the rough
Damon- Link me to photos of your TEs!!! I saw you got them on the car. I need to see more. By the looks of it they look beyond awesome. Super JEALOUS!

S13silvia_R -Thanks for the props. No the wheels on my Integra were SSR Type F's. I have since gone to 15's on that car since its my track beater now.

As for the rear seats, I opted out of the rewrap since its much easier to paint it.

I used the Dupli-color Vinyl/Fabric paint and found it to work really well. The feel is a bit harder than normal but it doesnt rub off or anything like that.

As you can see the seats were faded and stained pretty badly.

And after paint. Much better looking despite the photo not being the best. Its a bit over exposed so it doesnt show the proper black color. Ill get some more pictures of it when they are installed.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:01 AM   #42
Dax
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Dax will become famous soon enoughDax will become famous soon enoughDax will become famous soon enoughDax will become famous soon enoughDax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
sick build Pete. Can't wait til it's done. Good idea on the rear seats too, I need to do that to mine. lol
Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:32 AM   #43
D1S13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
D1S13 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
hell ya! looks good, keep us updated.

www.teamtopflight.blogspot.com
D1S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #44
jrizzo_240lsx
Leaky Injector

jrizzo_240lsx is an unknown quantity at this point
sic build man... wish i had access to a shop like that
Old 05-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #45
edsones14
Leaky Injector

edsones14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice build, cant wait to see it done. Paint looks really good too! Lol i use that dupli color shit all time and had no issues. Shits awesome, did my whole interior with it.
edsones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #46
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I'm going to do that to my interior
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #47
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Wow you waited a long time before starting this thread, we were emailing back in what, January?!

I thought it was awesome that my FD is in background of this pic from Donlyson:

Sucks the engine's on backorder, but gives you time to prep. Regarding the Ichiba hubs, I always just bought OEM S14 stuff. I think the last time I did I got the whole set for $400ish from Ray @ WestCo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Hey Peter, looking good so far. I heard through the grapevine you had a build thread on here.... I said no way. Low and behold here you are.... and it looks as though you are definitely going to be done before me. I hate you! :-)
Hahaha, I thought the same thing.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #48
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
With the subframe off are you thinking of using PBM subframe riser or SPL ones?

Awesome build so far by the way.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #49
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
very nice build, keep in mind KW's will not go that low they will bottom out.. so watch how you set them up, i'm running clubsports on mine, however with aero it looks plenty low, with your kouki set up and 18's you will be just fine! Def wanna make sure you get full travel on those shock and not just slam it like fanboys do riding bumpstops till it blows.. lol
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:10 PM   #50
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Jordan - So thats your FD! I was eyeing it at the shop, it looks like its going to be an awesome car once its done.

azndoc - I dont want to do metal subframe spacers, Im trying to keep this car as civil as possible so I have kept the Energy Suspensions poly subframe inserts and will be using those. I have a set of Circuit Sports metal spacers that I may go with it I find theres still too much slop with the poly inserts.

Before I could get to working on the 240, I had to show some love to my Integra, which needed a set of new balljoints.

I decided to throw in some Buddyclub extended balljoints to help fix some of suspension geometry issues.

More so, I was hoping it would relieve some bind that Ive been experiencing with my clutch pack diff during low speed cornering and sure enough they helped out a ton! I wish buddyclub would make these for the 240.

Ok onto the 240. I decided that I would put the entire interior back together last night. Its always so easy taking it all apart when you dont need to remember which bolts and clips go where but putting it back together is always taxing, even when I labelled a lot of the clips. Im still missing a bunch.

The black painted rear seats match up with the black carpet pretty damn well IMO.

I then jumped into the engine bay for a split second to hook up the Sikky LS power steering lines that I've been meaning to install for a while.

ARP finally sent me my rear studs (Mazda Miata knurl size) for my Ichiba hubs. They've been on back order for 3 weeks. Of course there had to be an issue. They only set two packs (4 in each pack) meaning I could only install one side on the subframe.

I also installed re-maned rear brake calipers and new rotors (nothing fancy). Once I get the other studs in I can finally get the subframe back into the car. Its been WAY too long.

There's not much left I can do on the car until I get my engine. I've been trying to do a lot of little things here and there, like pounding out the trans tunnel.

I had to bang it in about a full inch. Im hoping it will clear and I wont have to hammer it in even more.

After a lot of thought, I decided I would wire up my own alarm system. With the dash out it would prove to be a piece of cake. I picked up a Viper 3303 system with some goodies from Broadfield. Thanks again for the hook up Toby!

Things were going well until I hit a snag with the power door locks. There's something very WEIRD going on with my door locks. If I try to lock the drivers side door, it resists and just unlocks, while the passenger side does the exact opposite and locks!!!

So that's where Im at, trying to trouble shoot these damn door locks. Its proving to be a headache and a half!
Old 05-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #51
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Yup, that was my FD. Looks a lot better now that the kit's mounted, but remember it's a "street" car! I'll drive it over there if I get it out of paint before your LS is rolling.

The door locks are a master/slave system ~ you either need to completely bypass the factory system and put your own door poppers in there, or just put a popper on the driver's side and wire that into the passenger side as well.

I believe the passenger side is the one that came with a popper, so that if you lock/unlock the driver's side, the passenger side locks/unlocks as well. It's been a few years since I had a S13 though

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #52
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Didnt get much done today...too much running around.

Only progress to report of is installing the rear valence. I was suprised that these didnt fit 100% flush. Are JDM rear bumpers different than the USDM ones because I had to work really hard to fit the side valences with little gap. Seems a bit off considering these are factory pieces.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #53
maplejesse
Zilvia Junkie

maplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura about
oh goodness

very good work so far sir, your integra is beautiful and your plans for this are very promising!
maplejesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:36 AM   #54
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
I think most people have an issue with the rear valences... I know mine don't quite fit perfectly, but I have sort of started ignoring it, haha. I haven't seen a hatch with the stock rear seat belts in place in a long time! lol.

Nice progress, Peter! And thanks for passing that Evo picture along to me!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #55
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I think most people have an issue with the rear valences... I know mine don't quite fit perfectly, but I have sort of started ignoring it, haha.
I'm almost 99.9% sure both of you are missing a few small little brackets. I managed to collect them all from various sets of valances I've gone through. Now, they fit 100% spot on.

Definitely want to check this car out in person once it's put together. Been wanting to drop off my car at Donlyson Auto for paint. Just haven't seen any of their work in person.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:37 PM   #56
JDM RPS13 RHD

JDM RPS13 RHD is an unknown quantity at this point
where did you git those tailllights? ive been looking on craiglist all day and coudlnt find them are they jdm? can you tell me how much they cost?
JDM RPS13 RHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:57 PM   #57
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
I'm almost 99.9% sure both of you are missing a few small little brackets. I managed to collect them all from various sets of valances I've gone through. Now, they fit 100% spot on.
I think you're right, Johnny. One side of mine has a bracket that the other side does not have. I thought about trying to fix it this weekend, but laziness kicked in. You should post pics of said brackets in the Kouki 180 thread sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM RPS13 RHD View Post
where did you git those tailllights? ive been looking on craiglist all day and coudlnt find them are they jdm? can you tell me how much they cost?
Those are the stock tail lights on the JDM RPS13 RHD edition.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #58
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
That Integra looks familiar. I believe I had seen it before you flew south...And for Modified?
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #59
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
nice...

not to exciting about the wheel selection. but its not my car
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #60
jonathan.bayspeed