Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-17-2017, 04:32 AM   #21451
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theStig880 View Post
I'm not sure if I follow the math to be honest, haha. The new Omori's dont look any different in concavity to me either but honestly I wasn't interested because of the engraved logo and black color. I was looking at USDM, bronze LMGT4's that some 350z's had just because they're more common and would match the bronze I have. I just really dont like when the concavity is noticeably less on the rear wheels than the fronts, especially with 17/18.

Yea I'm familiar with this, but I thought LMGT4's concavity was dependent on the sizing like derass mentioned. At least I've heard there is a variation between the USDM and JDM variants but I can't find much concrete info about it. I know the US ones available for 350z's have a concave and non-cave face that changes with width but how that compares to other versions or among offsets, I'm not sure.
The difference in concavity is simply the JDM A, B, or 0 disc. A is the least, B is a little more, 0 disc is a lot. It is also how they measure lip size, by 1" 2" 3"+
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2017, 08:03 PM   #21452
mikeybb1011

mikeybb1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone have a cam alignment write-up for a ka24de, or recommend a good source?
mikeybb1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:18 AM   #21453
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeybb1011 View Post
Anyone have a cam alignment write-up for a ka24de, or recommend a good source?
http://jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf...STRUCTIONS.PDF

The only way to fuck this up is to get your TDC 180 out...ask me how I know
#rookiemaneuver
#lookatthefuckingdotsonthesprockets
Old 11-19-2017, 09:51 AM   #21454
mikeybb1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
http://jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf...STRUCTIONS.PDF

The only way to fuck this up is to get your TDC 180 out...ask me how I know
#rookiemaneuver
#lookatthefuckingdotsonthesprockets
Thanks. I'm having some issues getting my distributor to go in completely. Any ideas?
Old 11-20-2017, 04:39 AM   #21455
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeybb1011 View Post
Thanks. I'm having some issues getting my distributor to go in completely. Any ideas?
Align the dots. That little lines so the dot is off about a tooth, then stab it. this way the dot(#1tdc) is correctly aligned as the distributor turns on the way in. Assembly lube on the inside of the engine and on the distributor shaft help. You KNOW trying to slide shit in dry don't work, right?
Old 11-20-2017, 08:33 AM   #21456
mikeybb1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Align the dots. That little lines so the dot is off about a tooth, then stab it. this way the dot(#1tdc) is correctly aligned as the distributor turns on the way in. Assembly lube on the inside of the engine and on the distributor shaft help. You KNOW trying to slide shit in dry don't work, right?
I figured it out already, just needed to manually crank the engine two revolutions. Some reason I hadn't thought of that....
Old 11-20-2017, 07:16 PM   #21457
ashero2
Leaky Injector

ashero2 is an unknown quantity at this point
does anyone have experience or any comments on the enjuku clutch package with the "Competition "White Bunny" Clutch set up with ARP Flywheel Bolts"? thinking about buying it but want feedback on it before hand
ashero2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:47 PM   #21458
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Any CA people on here?

(edit: as in CA18 not California)
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:35 AM   #21459
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashero2 View Post
does anyone have experience or any comments on the enjuku clutch package with the "Competition "White Bunny" Clutch set up with ARP Flywheel Bolts"? thinking about buying it but want feedback on it before hand
It's all heavier than the ACT Stage I kit. It's not rebuildable like the ACT kit. ACT might be 200 more, but I prefer the lighter flywheel
Old 11-24-2017, 07:44 PM   #21460
the-rusty-240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
the-rusty-240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Hey guys I have a bogging problem with my s14. It’s a 96 all stock with an auto. So one day I was driving it was all good, stoped at a stop sign and tried to accelerate and it bogged hard. Car bogs under WOT and hunts for idle.

When I give it slow throttle it revs all the way to redline. Under WOT it bogs like crazy the revs jump all over under 1000rpm.

I replaced the maf, new knock sensor, put in new plugs and wires, cleaned the dizzy cap and put in new fuel and new fuel filter.

No check engine light

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the-rusty-240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:09 PM   #21461
kyle1a2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
kyle1a2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recently started working on the subframe for my S14. Picked up the Energy Suspension master kit and had a question about the install. Going between the instructions and past threads, my question is how many of the inner sleeves need to be cut out? The instructions show only the spindles while old threads say ALL the sleeves get cut. Any help?
kyle1a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 02:15 PM   #21462
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rusty-240 View Post
Hey guys I have a bogging problem with my s14. It’s a 96 all stock with an auto. So one day I was driving it was all good, stoped at a stop sign and tried to accelerate and it bogged hard. Car bogs under WOT and hunts for idle.

When I give it slow throttle it revs all the way to redline. Under WOT it bogs like crazy the revs jump all over under 1000rpm.

I replaced the maf, new knock sensor, put in new plugs and wires, cleaned the dizzy cap and put in new fuel and new fuel filter.

No check engine light

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When is the last time you replaced the ignition coil? It's happened to me before. Consider going to an aftermarket coil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1a2 View Post
Recently started working on the subframe for my S14. Picked up the Energy Suspension master kit and had a question about the install. Going between the instructions and past threads, my question is how many of the inner sleeves need to be cut out? The instructions show only the spindles while old threads say ALL the sleeves get cut. Any help?

S14 owners correct me if I'm wrong, but I had to cut out all of the sleeves on the S13.

You will be able to tell when you take them off as well.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:08 PM   #21463
the-rusty-240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
the-rusty-240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Is the ignition coil on the s14 in the dizzy?
the-rusty-240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:10 PM   #21464
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rusty-240 View Post
Is the ignition coil on the s14 in the dizzy?

Check to make sure before you go doing that though.

http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/be...ce-values.html
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 11-27-2017, 07:16 AM   #21465
Zenki_559
Leaky Injector

Zenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of light
A buddy of mine hooked it up with a free set of slip in subframe collars for my S13, the problem being that one of the bottom collars is missing. I have all 4 of the top collars and only 3 of the bottom ones. Would it be a problem to not run one of the collars? Or would this make my subframe sit lopsided?
Zenki_559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:53 AM   #21466
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Take one of the collars to a local machine shop and ask for a copy.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:45 AM   #21467
Sailor
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Sailor is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I am looking at doing a braided fuel line coming from the stock fuel sending unit using AN fittings. There are quick connect, fuel line adapters, and push on types. I'm seeking for people that have done this mod to their 240's, and what kind of setup/size they have for connecting it directly to the tank
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:11 PM   #21468
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Just for a quicker shipping preference, is it cheaper to purchase postage on USPS's site? Or in person? Given both transactions use the same length, width and height as well as weight.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:36 PM   #21469
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
online is roughly 10% cheaper... but you need to print the label, and most people dont have printers anymore.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:47 PM   #21470
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
online is roughly 10% cheaper... but you need to print the label, and most people dont have printers anymore.
Youre saying that if I label it myself it's 10% cheaper? Sadly I still have access to a printer at work!
Old 11-29-2017, 06:36 PM   #21471
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Youre saying that if I label it myself it's 10% cheaper? Sadly I still have access to a printer at work!

Printing a label via eBay (dependent on the users seller status) is even cheaper.

I'd die paying USPS' online or in store rate.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 11-29-2017, 07:03 PM   #21472
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
if you make a label online and print it out via USPS website, its roughly 10% cheaper...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:34 AM   #21473
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Just for a quicker shipping preference, is it cheaper to purchase postage on USPS's site? Or in person? Given both transactions use the same length, width and height as well as weight.
I've been using USPS for years...had an old business, Distorted Services Fine Cigars while in the Army. Sure, prices on the shipping have gone up over 10 years, but what hasn't? It's too easy to click and pay, and leave the box in your mail for pick up(can arrange pick up on the site too), or drop it in whatever pick up receptacle is available. USPS is right by my house, so I just walk past the big line, drop the box on the counter, smile and let the guy know Flat Rate/Fragile and look at all the grimaces as I leave with an even bigger smile(that's the best part, watching all those line waiters eat that particular shitty cheese) 😅😅😅😅💀
Old 11-30-2017, 05:32 PM   #21474
rmah1919

rmah1919 is an unknown quantity at this point
Best tires for everyday and drifting?

Hey, I'm pretty new here and I was wondering what tires you guys would suggest for everyday as well as drifting. I'm looking for mostly a drift tire that can be used for everyday. Im driving a PS13 on Work Emotion D9Rs.

Thanks!
rmah1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:39 PM   #21475
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti tyler View Post
Printing a label via eBay (dependent on the users seller status) is even cheaper.

I'd die paying USPS' online or in store rate.
This I would have to explore.
@dorki forgive my sarcasm.

You guys are all good gents. Thank you!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2017, 07:15 PM   #21476
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmah1919 View Post
Hey, I'm pretty new here and I was wondering what tires you guys would suggest for everyday as well as drifting. I'm looking for mostly a drift tire that can be used for everyday. Im driving a PS13 on Work Emotion D9Rs.

Thanks!
Yeah bro sometimes I drift on my way to algebra class, too.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:24 AM   #21477
mochimod
Leaky Injector

mochimod is an unknown quantity at this point
For a S13 Silvia front, does a GTR nismo style grill really make a significant difference in airflow vs OEM silvia block grill?
mochimod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:48 PM   #21478
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochimod View Post
For a S13 Silvia front, does a GTR nismo style grill really make a significant difference in airflow vs OEM silvia block grill?

In my experiences, yes.
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:16 AM   #21479
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
S13 coupe overs that cover the entire quarter panel, help
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:48 AM   #21480
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^ Origin Type 3 for sure, b/c I just saw a coupe with Type 3 overs a couple days ago.

Pretty sure most (if not all) Origin rear overs wrap around the taillight corner of the qtr panel.

Also, you might find this thread more helpful:
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=599319