Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Stock Metal Pimping

I've been looking for the past few days for threads on stretching stock metal to it's limit. But there isn't much on here.

Seeing Drifting-pedobear's post reminded me about this. I've done some extra smedium pulls/rolls, but Im looking for some extreme ones and some tips on how it was done. Im not looking for sectioned and rewelded fenders though. Just straight sweat and anger applied to stock metal.

Tips/Tricks/Pics??

My small pull/flare

Looking for methods/tips involving the least amount of paint repair/body work possible. I know that hard though.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Did with a bat, a torch, and a noob in the driver seat that doesn't know how to drive stick.

Small pull enough to tuck 18x10 +14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Nico your car done yet? I need to see you at the track sir.

My drivers side always comes out better because I can hang out the door and hold the jack handle while I drive.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Holding jack handle out the window is lulz.

Me and Jonny have been trying to get our vehicles finished for a minute trying to get to the track! I'm doing it slow(er) since I'm looking for a new place. All I need to do is paint my shit and I'll be set.

Quote:
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Old 04-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
MeanS14
Zilvia Junkie

MeanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Been looking for some good info on this for a while! Tryin to fit an 18x11 -16 on stock body without 10° of negative camber
MeanS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:15 AM   #6
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
You are limited by the inner fender metal. You will only be able to do so much without cutting it out.

This is from before I did that:

17X11 -1 with ~-3 camber...and significant rubbing.

Now I've cut it out and pulled it way further, and have -1.4 deg of camber and zero rubbing

Up front I've got some 17X10 -18s and -2.7 deg:

Its taken some serious hammer work, and I need to do more.

To get the original pull I used lots of force (think football defensive line force) with a fender roller and I moved the head up higher in the wheel well to get the maximum clearance. You just have to keep cranking on it, and if you run out of thread on the roller you can just use some bolt on spacers to get more leverage.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:19 AM   #7
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I was waiting for you to comment on this haha. Im interested in this topic as well for future reference.
Lukasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:20 AM   #8
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Hey knoopbro, are you running stock front tubs?

Quote:

<3
Quote:
Old 04-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #9
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
omg thanks obeewon for asking this. i am definitely going to cut out the inner fender metal. probably gonna weld in a trailer fender waay up in there. (knoop's method/idea)
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #10
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post
Hey knoopbro, are you running stock front tubs?
Nope, my front fender tubs look like this:

As you can see, the upper fender arm thingy has been trimmed.

Plasma cutters are awesome:

Rear fender tub action should be taking place tomorrow/fri/sat.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 04-14-2011, 01:38 AM   #11
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

That's really swell.

Alas, I don't have the technology or the steady hands to pull off a procedure like that. So ha! Peace.

Quote:

<3
Quote:
Old 04-14-2011, 02:03 AM   #12
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Over-pulled fenders is a recipe for future regret.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:38 AM   #13
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Thanks Knoop! What are you going to do to seal off the inner fender though? I dont want water and grime or smoke getting in there on me.

Positive imagined reps to you my friend.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #14
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

I have a trailer fender I am cutting up and am going to weld back in, and I'll probably use some seam sealing or great stuff to fill it in from the chassis side, just to make sure I don't have smoke and shit coming in the cabin.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 04-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #15
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Stock body king.

Ima drop my slab off at your house mmmk?
Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #16
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Me and my bro did something similar to 95ka-turbo's when we were rolling my rear fenders. Instead of removing alot of material we made relief cuts along the inner fender. This allowed for an easy roll/ pull and sealing it up should be pretty simple after I attempt to fit my 18x12 -13 back there. So far the roll I did was with my mb's and I believe 30-40mm of spacer. We also used 3/4 inch electrical conduit and phone books for the roll/pull. Here is a pick of how they came out so far. I will take some pics of the inner fender to show the relief cuts tonight.
rps13drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #17
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Wow. I didn't realize you guys were brothers. Cars looked good April 2nd.

Anxious to see these relief cuts.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #18
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Wow. I didn't realize you guys were brothers. Cars looked good April 2nd.

Anxious to see these relief cuts.

LOL! He is my brother from another mother. Thanks homie! Hope to see you at some CL events soon. Pics of fenders to come
Old 04-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #19
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
that shit is going to look horrible to fit those wheels.

goodruck.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #20
harangatang
Zilvia Addict

harangatang can only hope to improve
Did you not remember my car?? haha
18x11+11, 245/35's. I'm at -1.8 camber. And the drivers side is pulled enough to run a 18x12 with low offsets.... I was VERY surprised at far it came out.

Now granted, I did rip the seam welds or whatever they're called inside the wells. I need to fix that haha. But I think I'm about to buy overs.

harangatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #21
alcolade
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
alcolade is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So I had some free time so I pulled the wheel off and snapped a shot or two.

Here's the front of the well.

And the back side. It isn't completed yet and we were debating spray foam in there or adding material to fill it up. Since it's gonna get paint it may get welded.

But it still needs to come out more to fit the 18x12 -13. That or finally install the rear uppers and camber more. The car is still on stock arms. Lol

From pulling mine with a 18x9.5 spaced to a -5et and a 245-40 tire with no cutting and getting it to here fitting his wheel on my car.

To his pull with the cuts made pulling it with a 18x9.5 spaced to -15 with a 235-40 tire, his 12s should be able to fit after we can seat the tires and can actually roll it with them. (been trying for a while, gotta make a second cheater tank and try that. Fire hasn't been working for us)

I'm sure once we get them on one of us will post up.
alcolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #22
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

Hot Fire post right there brah!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #23
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rps13drift View Post
Me and my bro did something similar to 95ka-turbo's when we were rolling my rear fenders. Instead of removing alot of material we made relief cuts along the inner fender. This allowed for an easy roll/ pull and sealing it up should be pretty simple after I attempt to fit my 18x12 -13 back there. So far the roll I did was with my mb's and I believe 30-40mm of spacer. We also used 3/4 inch electrical conduit and phone books for the roll/pull. Here is a pick of how they came out so far. I will take some pics of the inner fender to show the relief cuts tonight.
Off topic, but your car looks almost exactly like mine will look in 2 weeks after paint is done.... Weird.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:50 AM   #24
alcolade
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
Off topic, but your car looks almost exactly like mine will look in 2 weeks after paint is done.... Weird.

Cool story bro!

Are you painting you car blue with a white kit? or referring to the the black one?
Old 04-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #25
dub40sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
dub40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
seeing some of this work makes me feel a lot better about mine lol.
dub40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #26
alcolade
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub40sx View Post
seeing some of this work makes me feel a lot better about mine lol.

Pics please!

This is for info on pulling and rolling stock metal.

Lets see it!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #27
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Slightly off topic:

I wish there was a way not to bang the paint all up when doing this. I've used heat, tape, combo of both, a bat etc etc...but never quite was able to know the 'limit' of pushing metal until the paint would crack.

Anyone else have suggestions on this?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #28
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

You just have to heat it up until it hurts to touch it, then the paint won't crack. Unless your paint is just in terrible condition.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 04-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #29
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
You just have to heat it up until it hurts to touch it, then the paint won't crack. Unless your paint is just in terrible condition.
I did that with my car and my little matco heat gun, but on other cars I'm always so apprehensive, as I never know the actual condition of their shit haha

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #30
living4surf
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (52)
living4surf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 52 reviews
Here is my pull before I went to over fenders. Broke the inner metal doing it though

living4surf is offline   Reply With Quote