Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:48 PM   #1
Zenkipowered
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Zenkipowered is making a name for him/her selfZenkipowered is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
VANILLA COLLECTION 240SX S13 coupe build 2017

[CENTER]VANILLA COLLECTION + V1 MOTORING Drift S13 Coupe build

Visit my Youtube Channel if you want to watch the Vlogs of the builds
LINK ----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBr19jHsiW2AiMiJUgfRi3g

Brief background, Three of us decided to work on an identical chassis to build as our shop cars and to drift, autocross, etc together while running our shop and promoting and offering services to local area. You can follow me and the rest of our group of fellow 240sx lovers on Youtube.

Just thought I'd share my build. Each car although S13 coupes have different build routes due to each owners plans and wants.

Mine started off with tubs and silvia front end conversion in Las Vegas. Picked it up back in 2015 of October and just took it down to metal and had a local fabricator weld in a roll cage for me. It has then sat with no extra work done to it due to work.

Back in 2015 to go pick it up

Came with Tubs, in green which I do not like, so of course I was going to touch it up and redo the color and remove the gussets as they looked terrible

Came with a KA24DE

S14 Seats inside and the interior wasn't that bad

So after paying for it, I trailered it back from Vegas to Salt Lake City

Brought it back to our shop (old shop in pic) to begin stripping it down and getting an idea of what it exactly needed, parts already on it, etc

Stripped off the engine pay paint from the ugly green

Had my buddy begin stitch welding up the bay and then the rest of the chassis as well to stiffen it up

Some of the initial stitching

Picture after the bay stitched. I was debating on cutting the tubs out and redoing them, but I figured it would be fine so I left them in and removed the gussets.

The bay had a pretty accurate drawing of the KFC colonel for some reason. Only to find out later that it was owned by Get Nuts In Vegas (this is based off the Ryan Tuerk Youtube VLOG we saw

While staring at this radiator I was contemplating which route to go for the motor build.

We decided to go with an aftermarket body kit as a group to run, so I decided to sell my OEM silvia front pieces including the hood to some kids in wyoming from colorado

Chapter 2

A lot of time has passed since the initial Tear Down due to moving into a new shop and working on customer vehicles however that did not stop me from wanting to complete the S13

We got another lift and painted the floors to better service the shop!

The S13 began to be worked on again by one of our workers who later on ended up flaking out and not completing the car as he promised. However I was determined to get things rolling either way

The car was basically taken down as far as (the last painter) thought necessary and left it all wavy with no paint and lots of bare metal showing.

Our Dmax Japan kits finally arrived after we ordered them from DMAX Japan themselves back in Feb of 2016. By this time it was November 2016. Also our Cosmis wheels we ordered in Feb has still not arrived.... Terrible service...

While waiting for another painter, I went ahead and got the car fabricated with a custom weld-in roll cage by a local fabricator who does FD-spec cages. Also test fitted a fender panel because I was so stoked to see things moving along again after a year

My Bride Japan seat and rail also came in around the same time and I had to see how it fit inside! The cage was perfect! Plenty of leg room and it sits tight against the doors (not planning to run OEM Door cards) maybe I will run the LRB door panels (maybe)

I couldn't wait again for the painter to come and test fit but I also was too lazy to put the support back on so I just lined up the bumper and fender just to get an idea of what it would look like. (you know.. to keep the motivation going)

So A new painter came through willing to take on the job! Got the doors off and started prepping the car and smoothing out the panels!

We opened up the kits (we have 3 sets for all 3 cars) did i mention? We are building three of these s13 coupes? nearly 100% identical? so we always order 3x the parts lol

The master painter at work, Moddie here paints jets and planes for the military and cars for an insurance auto body shop for about 10 years! Watching a pro at work was amazing. Worked super fast and he was always picky on getting things right the first time and making sure its quality.

Layed down some etching primer in the trunk area after sanding it down to protect the bare metal from rusting

Same for the engine bay, more etching primer to protect all that metal

Just seeing it with etching primer was such a nice thing to see. As you can tell the ugly bent gussets had been removed

Started to scuff the doors down

finally laid down the primer and sealer!

spraying cages is not easy! trying to move your gun around in there to make sure you get the paint on well is a difficult task indeed!

More of the interior

Another shot of the interior

Layed first coat of silver down!

Silver in the bay!

Still first coat but check out the metallic

Had a run here but the shine looking good!

Silver was now done! and again more progress means closer to driving it!

Cage wasn't quite done because we ran out of paint so this was on hold until the next day to get more and finish it up

As you can see, I messed up here. I should have spent more time prepping it by sanding down the panel bond that I so messily pasted lol. It was 1am and we had been working for like 14 hours on the car and I just didn't care at that point and just rubbed panel bond over the welds without masking it off... (don't follow my mistake)

I also didn't add body filler under the tub area which is why it looks like it has a gap there versus the first bay pic in green. I was also too scared to add panel bond so i left it. Other than that though the color looks good! I was trying to go for a bright silver. reminds me of the nismo power brace color.

At night under a light however it looked Beautiful to me!

The interior and cage is now done! Off to body working the kits and getting that prepped!

Last edited by Zenkipowered; 03-03-2017 at 09:07 PM..
Zenkipowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2017, 05:56 AM   #2
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Please fix your images or this thread will be deleted.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:13 PM   #3
Zenkipowered
Leaky Injector

Zenkipowered is making a name for him/her selfZenkipowered is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Please fix your images or this thread will be deleted.
will do sorry!!!
Old 03-03-2017, 09:24 PM   #4
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Looking good can't wait to see all 3
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:17 PM   #5
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I think I has seen a bit of this on a YouTube channel?

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:18 AM   #6
Zenkipowered
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgarage View Post
Looking good can't wait to see all 3
thanks! I'm still slowly uploading the pictures... it takes a long time to resize it and paste it in lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I think I has seen a bit of this on a YouTube channel?

Yep! It is!