Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-31-2023, 12:28 PM   #1
Mr.KA

Trader Rating: (1)
Mr.KA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Chasebays Harness Help

Shot in the dark here; but I bought a Chasebays 1JZ to s13 harness from someone on Zilvia about 10 years ago. Long story short, life happened and my project got put on hold until now. Tried going back in my PM's but I think the guy I got the harness from no longer has an account so I can't find his posts or my correspondence with the dude. Also, since chasebays no longer provides any wiring, I didn't bother reaching out to them. I did however try reaching out to the guy who supposedly took over the wiring side of things, but my e-mails got returned.

Anyway, my question to anyone who is running/has ran/is familiar with the chasebays JZ harnesses is, aside from all the customizable options they offered. I know there was pretty much a 'standard' harness. On that harness there are 2 sub-harnesses, 1 is for the ignition coils, what is the other for? Also, in trying to search for some answers, I that in later years(2015+), chasebays was providing pinouts for their harnesses? Does anyone happen to have one? I remember back in the day everything seemed somewhat secretive and there wasn't a lot of information available. I remember asking a question about their dash harness plug and they told me to send in my harness. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks guys, sorry for the long post.
Mr.KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2023, 08:31 AM   #2
D35TR0Y3R

Trader Rating: (0)
D35TR0Y3R is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.KA View Post
Shot in the dark here; but I bought a Chasebays 1JZ to s13 harness from someone on Zilvia about 10 years ago. Long story short, life happened and my project got put on hold until now. Tried going back in my PM's but I think the guy I got the harness from no longer has an account so I can't find his posts or my correspondence with the dude. Also, since chasebays no longer provides any wiring, I didn't bother reaching out to them. I did however try reaching out to the guy who supposedly took over the wiring side of things, but my e-mails got returned.

Anyway, my question to anyone who is running/has ran/is familiar with the chasebays JZ harnesses is, aside from all the customizable options they offered. I know there was pretty much a 'standard' harness. On that harness there are 2 sub-harnesses, 1 is for the ignition coils, what is the other for? Also, in trying to search for some answers, I that in later years(2015+), chasebays was providing pinouts for their harnesses? Does anyone happen to have one? I remember back in the day everything seemed somewhat secretive and there wasn't a lot of information available. I remember asking a question about their dash harness plug and they told me to send in my harness. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks guys, sorry for the long post.

maybe for vvti? if i remember correctly the later 1jz is electronic throttle and traction so those might be your extra connectors if you running a early 1J.

pics help
D35TR0Y3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 10:49 PM   #3
Mr.KA

Trader Rating: (1)
Mr.KA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by D35TR0Y3R View Post
maybe for vvti? if i remember correctly the later 1jz is electronic throttle and traction so those might be your extra connectors if you running a early 1J.

pics help
Appreciate the reply. My motor is non-vvti, but I think I was able to figure it out. Seems the extra sub-harness in question was for the MAP/IAT. The reason it threw me off was because the previous owner had a connector for a 7M IAT. I have a couple extra plugs, think one is for the oil level sensor(which I don?t have). Anyway, got all the important stuff connected. Thanks again!
Mr.KA is offline   Reply With Quote