Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:48 AM   #1
zaneithan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
zaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
SR S13 Chassis, SR20DET Swap (Redtop) - Clutch Disengagement/Engagement Issues

Background: I've had this swap in multiple S13 chassis and it always seemed to have issues with the clutch disengagement/engagement. For the longest time it was just an issue where, as the car warmed up, the engagement point would change (usually creeping up from the bottom to the top of the clutch pedal swing). From there it got worse to the point where once warmed up, no matter what, the car would stay "stuck" in gear or give resistance (like the clutch wasn't fully disengaged) when trying to put it in gear. At this point the car was parked to start digging in and try to solve the issue.

New Parts:
  1. OEM Master Cylinder
  2. Nismo Slave Cylinder
  3. New Fluid

Additional parts of note:
  1. SS Clutch Line
  2. Exedy Hyper Single Clutch (w/ Flywheel)

Where it currently stands: The clutch damper has already been bypassed.
I've also got the new master and slave cylinders installed and bled the hell out of the system. The slave clearly extends and presses on the fork as shown in the pictures below. This is with the clutch pedal adjusted to push the master cylinder piston as far as possible.

I'm not sure where to go from here but think that the next step is to drop the transmission. Prior to doing that I wanted to post here to get advice to see if there's anything I might be missing. I searched old threads and didn't find this exact issue but from what I could gather together this could be a pivot ball issue, bent clutch fork issue, or something else behind the bell housing.

Pictures:

Thanks for your time.

1993 240sx fastback (wrecked)
1991 240sx SE fastback Daily Driver status
1992 240sx fastback (???)
1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 Coupe (sold)
zaneithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links