Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
menace17

Trader Rating: (0)
menace17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sr20 trans good for me ?

I know, I know... newb asking a question that has be asked more times than our nations debt. I have searched google, and this forum and found lots of good info about the sr/ka trans. however i have also read lots of diff opinions and i just want a straight forward answer to my very simple question.

I want to make around 350ish whp for now. I just want to make sure the trans can handle this with a spirited driver. the car is not necessarily a dd or a weekend car. just something id like to drive on nice days and/or my days off. I have read that the sr/ka tops at about 400hp, but, have also read that they are wineglass transmission and could just go out when they please depending on abuse. When i say spirited i mean slamming and ripping gears since majority of my work drive is high way and no one is out at 3:00 am, I'd probably test the car hard.

I just want to know, with a good clutch and flywheel, spirited driving for fun, and 350whp will it handle it and be safe... ish

Thanks.
menace17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
It should be okay for what you're doing. For that HP, even most clutch kickers and draggers doesnt have issues.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
menace17

Trader Rating: (0)
menace17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool

After everything i had read i had the feeling it would be ok, but i just wanted to check it out and get a few opinions about it first.
Thanks
menace17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
2_Liter_Turbo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
It'll be fine. I made 342whp/334wtq on a stock tranny for a long time. Many 7k rpm launches on drag slicks, and never had an issue.
Instagram: @SS.Maxey
2_Liter_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote