Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Intake & Exhaust

Old 01-25-2016, 04:05 AM   #1
phase2
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
phase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
P2m proprietary aluminum hose clamps now available in red finish!

Please visit our web page for product details

909-594-3619
Business Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-6pm (Pacific)
email: [email protected]
http://www.phase2motortrend.com
phase2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2016, 10:24 AM   #2
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Very nice!
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:53 AM   #3
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I found out that these cannot be used on cast aluminum elbows that are commonly welded to compressor housings and intercoolers. They have a larger outer diameter. :'(
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:06 PM   #4
phase2
Zilvia.net Advertiser

phase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of lightphase2 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I found out that these cannot be used on cast aluminum elbows that are commonly welded to compressor housings and intercoolers. They have a larger outer diameter. :'(
What is the size of the cast aluminum elbow? Even then, shouldn't the elbow be connected to silicone hose coupler?

909-594-3619
Old 01-27-2016, 09:13 PM   #5
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
P2m proprietary aluminum hose clamps now available in red finish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phase2 View Post
What is the size of the cast aluminum elbow? Even then, shouldn't the elbow be connected to silicone hose coupler?

It didn't work on a 3" id, 2.5" id or a 2" id elbows that I have welded to my intercooler tanks (3" cold side, 2.5" hot side), and compressor housing (2"). With the P2M black couplers on the elbows, I had to squeeze the clamp to get the bolt to reach the other side, and then the little aluminum piece that one side of the clamp is supposed to slide over wouldn't work correctly because of the pressure on it already.

These were cast elbows from China. The clamps still work where my couplers are on regular aluminum piping though. Maybe using a larger clamp would work but I haven't tried? But there isn't one larger than 3".

A quarter inch over sized would probably work. But the 3" wouldn't tighten enough on the 2.5" cast elbow+coupler. The larger outer diameter of the cast elbows kinda messed up my plans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2016, 10:04 PM   #6
phase2
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I see what you mean now, the cast elbow pushes the silicone hose out of range. That's very possible now that you mentioned this. For instance, a 2.5" ID elbow maybe a 2.75" clamp will work?

Btw, we are wrapping up releasing the 3.25" clamp as we speak, so that will probably work on your cast elbow setup on the 3" ID side.

Keep the clamps on your hand, if needed we can exchange the clamps out for you but we need to find out what size range work for your aluminum cast elbow.

909-594-3619
Old 01-28-2016, 02:50 AM   #7
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
I see what you mean now, the cast elbow pushes the silicone hose out of range. That's very possible now that you mentioned this. For instance, a 2.5" ID elbow maybe a 2.75" clamp will work?

Btw, we are wrapping up releasing the 3.25" clamp as we speak, so that will probably work on your cast elbow setup on the 3" ID side.

Keep the clamps on your hand, if needed we can exchange the clamps out for you but we need to find out what size range work for your aluminum cast elbow.

That's exactly what I was thinking, stepping up the size on the three clamps that are on cast elbows. I THINK a 2.75 would work on the 2.5, 3.25 on the 3", 2.25 on the 2" etc.
I didn't think I would be able to exchange the ones I can't use since I opened them and I don't have the plastic packaging anymore :/

Aside from everything the clamps that did fit are awesome and I love how it makes the piping look. I like to tuck the bolt on the bottom so the black on black looks like I don't even have clamps at first!

Old 01-28-2016, 03:25 AM   #8
phase2
Zilvia.net Advertiser

No problem, let us know the clamps you need wr will prepare for your testing and exchange, no worries on the packaging

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

909-594-3619
Old 01-28-2016, 05:11 AM   #9
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
No problem, let us know the clamps you need wr will prepare for your testing and exchange, no worries on the packaging

Awesome thank you! I'm in Hawaii for work right now but I should be back home in a week or so. Should I message you through here when it comes time, or through email?

Old 01-28-2016, 05:43 AM   #10
phase2
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Awesome thank you! I'm in Hawaii for work right now but I should be back home in a week or so. Should I message you through here when it comes time, or through email?

Either ways are fine with us!

909-594-3619