Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-22-2014, 12:18 AM   #1
6.0Lover

Trader Rating: (0)
6.0Lover is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lost love at drift and drags az. engine swap question.

Okay I was at go fast drift and drags yesterday September 20th at wild horse pass in Chandler arizona. There was this s13 I believe that was dark red... Had some decals and had a strip of bright lights in the bottom bumper.. Anyways he was drifting and I believe he had a a ls2 swap and the thing sounded INSANE. I had an emergency and had to leave early so I couldn't get time to ask the guy what his setup was. I was just hoping he would be on this forum and I could find him. I was currently working on a procharger build for my Lexus GS400 and decided I could make more reliable HP without completely breaking the bank on standalone computers and the ridiculous prices of forged rods and pistons by doing a LS swap. And I could get that beautiful sound that his car made..

Another question I had was why do these lS engines sound so much better when swapped into these cars? Every vid on youtube that has a ls2 swapped s13-15 sound like a crazy NASCAR.. Is it cause you all go straight pipes? Or do you go y pipe into single exhaust? Catless? What is it..

If anyone knows the guy I'm talking about could you lead me to him? I know I have a brief discription on his car but that's all I got and I was hoping maybe the swap, bumper light and location being AZ would give some clues. And I feel if he would have a build thread this is where it would be at. I will try to post a link if the video of his car hits youtube anytime soon. Everyone at the event kept talking about how nice his exhaust sounded. Thanks everybody.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lIAAszxRetI

Found him. He's at 2:15 sec
6.0Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2014, 08:42 AM   #2
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
ultimateirving is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
THats the elite coupe, I don't know the driver personally but to to az240sx.org, make a screen name and introduce yourself. I think you'll have a good luck there getting all the info in his car.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #3
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Two engines I could listen to all day any day LS and RB.

The more cam, the more love.

I've always wanted to try (on a street car) a stock-exhaust (with a bigger diameter and perhaps several high-flow quieting mufflers) on a reasonably cam'd V8 or even an sr20, heck.
I might even be doing that this week (if I can get dynojet #'s before and after)

Because on the street, it isn't about how loud you are. The sound of a big cam through the oem exhaust should raise some eyebrows.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:56 PM   #4
6.0Lover

Trader Rating: (0)
6.0Lover is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateirving View Post
THats the elite coupe, I don't know the driver personally but to to az240sx.org, make a screen name and introduce yourself. I think you'll have a good luck there getting all the info in his car.
Thanks man! I found the car on the website I'm pretty sure it's the same car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Two engines I could listen to all day any day LS and RB.

The more cam, the more love.

I've always wanted to try (on a street car) a stock-exhaust (with a bigger diameter and perhaps several high-flow quieting mufflers) on a reasonably cam'd V8 or even an sr20, heck.
I might even be doing that this week (if I can get dynojet #'s before and after)

Because on the street, it isn't about how loud you are. The sound of a big cam through the oem exhaust should raise some eyebrows.
Now what's bothering me is that on the website it says LS1 powered 240sx. Maybe it's just me but I have never heard a ls1 sound like that... It sounds like every ls2 on youtube tho.. Maybe he upgraded?
6.0Lover is offline   Reply With Quote