Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ferrari 308 GTS to 288 GTO build up- awesome

I think this is soo awesome.. just found this while i was in the mood to look up ferraris

Take a early 80s 308 gts and mod the body into a 288 GTO look *super rare cars*... but the guy doesnt stop there, he starts to piece up some suspension, brakes, and rebuilds the motor with plans to supercharge it.. (not finished)

but you can see the progress of his first build, which was the GTO look,

then in 2nd build, he hit a fox, so with repairs being needed, he decides to go wider to make it the same width as a actual GTO, makes widened suspension arms, and the engine tear down etc..

Bert Kanters Supercharged Ferrari 308 GTO conversion.

soo much more pics on the site, check em out if your borred.. Ispirational.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
sub9lulu
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
sub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dude that is one sick man with some sick skillz
sub9lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #3
DLo Eric
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
They make kits for that. 288gtoconversion.com
DLo Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
sub9lulu
Zilvia Junkie

sub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Then I decided, if I go all the way with aimed 400 HP, I will need to rebuild the engine with better pistons and everything. At this time I decided I would withdraw my gambling money from the stock market and invest it in the car. A good decision, it was august 2008 and some stocks I had lost >90% of it's value 2 months later.
best quote evAr
sub9lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #5
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
DLo Eric thanks for the link, i wasnt aware of that, they seem very accurate, i thought this guy doing all metal work was the cloest thing.. cool none the less, fiberglass kit should be ligther and easier to install.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:26 AM   #6
steve_o1989
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
steve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I would be shitting myself if I was hacking into a Ferrari. This guy obviously knows what he is doing though. Mad props.
1992 Talon Tsi - Sold
steve_o1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:39 AM   #7
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
check it out, his front fenders are JDM. lol.

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:42 AM   #8
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
holy shit that looks fantastic.

there seems to be a lot of ferrari stuff being posted lately? whats up what that lol?
Old 01-17-2009, 01:00 AM   #9
HyperTek
Post Whore!

teh 308 and 328 are the cheapest ferraris your gonna get your hands one, (well maybe besides the mondial). The 288 GTO you would be lucky to even see one for sale, since theres like only 275 of those made or something...

The 288 GTO has a slightly longer, wider wheelbase and the engine is mounted inline. But to mod a 308-328 with 288 gto body is pretty cool in my opinion.. You gotta work something out to add more horsepower though.

The dude is swapping to a megasquirt efi setup, oversized pistons, and a supercharger off a benz. Porsche Brembo brake calipers and custom rotors. etc etc
Old 01-17-2009, 01:21 AM   #10
C. Senor
Post Whore!

C. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to C. Senor
that shit is siiiiiiiiiiiick. the guy definitely knows his stuff. looks clean as hell.

C. Senor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:28 AM   #11
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
mondail is sexy , 308 is meh
i need me a miami vice car.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:11 AM   #12
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I think it is very cool, but at the same time kinda lame. It's not as lame as all the Fiero to Ferrari kits, or mr2 to Ferrari kits, cause it actually started out a Ferrari.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:09 AM   #13
sac
Zilvia Addict

sac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymore
DUDE! that guys build is SO inspirational!! holy fuck!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #14
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I only wish I could do something like that. I'm too impatient and would give up probably somewhere between 5 and 10 hours into the project
MisawaJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #15
touge monster
Zilvia Addict

touge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to touge monster
lol he hit a fox..
touge monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #16
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:54 PM   #17
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Ah after I looked over the site, his welding skills are C- and some of the fab work just looks not so great. A for effort though........
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #18
xblack240x
Zilvia Junkie

xblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to xblack240x
Great find. Incredibly skill from this guy, I would probably never hack into a Ferrari myself, but since he knows what he's doing more power to him. Not only that, but he rebuilt it not once, but twice! Haha very nice!
xblack240x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #19
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Yeah his welding doesnt look fantastic, but given hes not a body guy either, just did this in his garage and said it really wasnt too expensive.. used typical garage tools. esp its a old 308 GTS.

Once he gets his engine mods done, teamed up with the suspension and brakes he has planned, im sure it will be one sick ass car. You wouldnt even drive the real one if you had one since theres only like a handful made.

Real 288 GTO has longer wheelbase since the engine is mounted inline, and solid roof
Old 01-17-2009, 10:30 PM   #20
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Just read through everything... definitely inspirational in scope if not in his actual fab skills (as posted).

I've worked on a 328 GTS before, it's a total bitch... FSM says you have to pull the motor to change spark plugs, and valve inspections/etc are on a 6k mile interval. Definitely not a "drivers" car like the F360 and newer. I lol'd when he said he broke is starter solenoid pulling the wires off, 'cause I broke the one I was working on too - had to have it rebuilt because finding another one is impossible.

Oh, and the owner paid $10k for this 328, because it had flood damage - paint was great, interior was 'meh', but after flushing the motor it started right up Sold it to someone in La Crescenta who parks it outside lol.

Should be sexy as hell with a finished "spec'd" body and that blower, not to mention suspension and brake upgrades. And you know he pulls bitches with it...

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #21
HyperTek
Post Whore!

check out his latest updates
Bert Kanters Supercharged Ferrari 308 GTO conversion

dam his welds do look crappy tho lol
Old 08-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #22
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i <3 288 GTO
Old 08-18-2009, 05:50 PM   #23
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
interesting.... i think it looks good
zylvia213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #24
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
If you check the site - he's still not done!

Next expected update - 2013!!
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote