Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
OzzYNMotioN is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
SR Emanage Ulimate SR20DET HELP!!

alright, so i purchased this greddy emanage ultimate from my friend which he pulled out of his is300 to go to haltech, so yes the emu was working and properly functioning when i bought it. sense his car was a Lexus and my engine a Nissan, i went and purchased the "plug'N'play" harness from trust aka(greddy). i followed the instructions and installed ever thing correctly and plugged the batter before installation.So this is where the problem starts; i set the emu for my sr20det, checked if the emu was reading input signals and such and all checked out, When i when i went to start the car it just continuously turned over but but wouldn't start. i checked for spark and didnt have any, i checked the igniter and it turned out to be shorted out, now i dont know how that happened. so i went and purchased a new igniter re installed the emanage and the same problem occurred . I have continuously tried contacting greddy for further information on there unit, i havent had any luck. If any of you have any information or a solution to my problem please share with me!
OzzYNMotioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Sounds like the pinouts are correct.. I have own an emanage regular version... Are you sure your jumpers are correct to the correct SR20DET? Meaning the emanage is replacing the correct version of the ecu in your car?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Sounds like the pinouts are correct.. I have own an emanage regular version... Are you sure your jumpers are correct to the correct SR20DET? Meaning the emanage is replacing the correct version of the ecu in your car?
yeah i believe they are, they had the jumper set up in the manuel that i set up before installing, could they have been bumped some how while i re installed them?
Old 01-09-2013, 01:09 AM   #4
silver350z05rb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
silver350z05rb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I bought a brand new e manage once and brand new harness, my 350z wouldn't start.....i drove to greddy and they looked at my e manage and they said i had set it up correctly, so they decided to look at my harness (plug n play) 5mns later, they told me they sent me a.harness that was pinned wrong, 2 wires were crossed, they fixed it in 1mn, and the car started, same symptoms as you. Oh by the way i just drove there, they didn't answer my calls or emails, but i don't think you live in California......also make sure you're not using his old map
silver350z05rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #5
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver350z05rb View Post
I bought a brand new e manage once and brand new harness, my 350z wouldn't start.....i drove to greddy and they looked at my e manage and they said i had set it up correctly, so they decided to look at my harness (plug n play) 5mns later, they told me they sent me a.harness that was pinned wrong, 2 wires were crossed, they fixed it in 1mn, and the car started, same symptoms as you. Oh by the way i just drove there, they didn't answer my calls or emails, but i don't think you live in California......also make sure you're not using his old map
so it shorted out the igniter like mine? so what do you think should do at this point? does greddy have a pin out diagram on the plug n play harness?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #6
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
You should probably just throw it in the trash and have a Nistune installed. Better control, OEM reliability and it doesn't fry ignitors.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #7
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
You should probably just throw it in the trash and have a Nistune installed. Better control, OEM reliability and it doesn't fry ignitors.
as much as i would love doing this i dont have the cash flow to just throw away stuff and replace it.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #8
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzYNMotioN View Post
as much as i would love doing this i dont have the cash flow to just throw away stuff and replace it.
I understand that, nor do I. However, my point was the emanage is garbage and you should sell it and purchase a better product. I didn't necessarily mean throw it away...
Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #9
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
I understand that, nor do I. However, my point was the emanage is garbage and you should sell it and purchase a better product. I didn't necessarily mean throw it away...
yeah understand, but im pretty sure no one will buy it off of me. but i just want to figure out this problem because its annoying as hell.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #10
s14-rb20det
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
s14-rb20det is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
check page 6 and 27. http://www.google.ca/url?q=http://ww...XMViN0jwbxaRCQ
s14-rb20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #11
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

they sent me the N-6 -______- which is for the r33 now im just waiting on a reply to get the correct one