Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #31
mastadon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
mastadon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
god, i just look at that and get a headache. Can't wait to see how this turns out, I'll try and learn from your mistakes (if you make any).
mastadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #32
mdbizman87

Trader Rating: (0)
mdbizman87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LOL i know right, I work with electrical aspects of cars too and Im just like WTF! I want to do a battery relocation in my S13 and a wire tuck but looks im in deff gunna need some more experience for this or someone who deff knows what their doing lol.
mdbizman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #33
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I keep checking these threads just to see what the "general level of interest" is on this stuff.

As I'm doing my RB25 rebuild/swap, I'm doing a full tuck on the upper harness (already removed all the wires/box/etc from the engine bay) and using a Tyco Mil-Spec bulkhead connector to separate engine-bay from interior halves. I've found that only 33 wires need to actually pass through the firewall

As far as the interior, I've got a 10-circuit fusebox handling my Accessories and a 6-circuit taking care of Ignition-switched duties, all hiding out under my passenger airbag. On the back side of that plate is the relay logic for push-button start and my fuel pump/fan relays. The car has no body harness, only 12 or so wires running back through the car for tail lights/fuel pump/stereo.

Pics in a couple days.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #34
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (71)
hpipro4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 71 reviews
almost done with mine.....
hpipro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:05 PM   #35
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

heres some update.....cant finish cause im waiting for techflex wire sleeves from partexpress.com shipping is way too slow!!!grrrr

tested out electronics everything seems to be workin....music was bumpin...lights...etc..

heres more pics:::

Old 06-06-2009, 01:28 AM   #36
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
To many wires for me. i would have a anxiety attack.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #37
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

so i installed my dcc took me a while to figure out what i did wrong. tips: dont unplug the blue relay, only unplug the black relay!

also tested my s13 digital cluster...well no luck getting the mph....it did once turn on then slowly faded but its gone....

test fitted the obx header fits awesome w/o egr n secondary air!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #38
littledevil661
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
littledevil661 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to littledevil661
damn lookin good.. wish i had time to do it on mine.. i think imma have to do it the way you did.. looks like you save alot of money reusing plugs .. milspec is to rich for my pocket right now
Old 06-09-2009, 08:08 PM   #39
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledevil661 View Post
damn lookin good.. wish i had time to do it on mine.. i think imma have to do it the way you did.. looks like you save alot of money reusing plugs .. milspec is to rich for my pocket right now
oh yea i didnt think about using aftermarket connectors....just buy plenty of wire sleeves 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", variety of heat shrinks, 3m electric tape, time and patient...lol
Old 06-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #40
littledevil661
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro4 View Post
oh yea i didnt think about using aftermarket connectors....just buy plenty of wire sleeves 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", variety of heat shrinks, 3m electric tape, time and patient...lol
i have loads of heat shrink and some wire loom left for my last car . just have to find time to do mine..prolly do it when i finish my auto to manual conversion.. not fun
Old 06-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #41
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
i have loads of heat shrink and some wire loom left for my last car . just have to find time to do mine..prolly do it when i finish my auto to manual conversion.. not fun
maybe if you bought a 5spd instead of auto then you would be doing this now!!!lol
Old 06-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #42
D1S13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
D1S13 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Good job! !

www.teamtopflight.blogspot.com
D1S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #43
S14Cuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
S14Cuhh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to S14Cuhh
looking good.
S14Cuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #44
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I should be finishing my upper and lower RB25 engine harnesses this week, using mil-spec circular connectors and Maringo power connectors, all wrapped in Techflex sleeve. Spent way too much money lol, but hopefully will be bomb. The rest of the car just needs to be wrapped/heat shrinked (got lazy and didn't want to de-pin all the connectors).

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #45
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
ahahahah down with de-pinning connectors lol.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #46
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

the finished fuse panels!

Old 06-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #47
littledevil661
Leaky Injector

Quote:
maybe if you bought a 5spd instead of auto then you would be doing this now!!!lol
lol i tryed but i couldnt find one.. well more like i didnt have alot of cash .. but i did have one lined up and i was going to get it the next day and the kid hit me up saying .. would you be mad if i sold the car .. so i had to get the auto.. but its ok .. i got everything for it now.. just gotta work on it .. but i have some tricks up my sleeve on my build just have to get a camera to start taking pics of it on the rebuild/bodywork/headache
Old 06-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #48
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
lol i tryed but i couldnt find one.. well more like i didnt have alot of cash .. but i did have one lined up and i was going to get it the next day and the kid hit me up saying .. would you be mad if i sold the car .. so i had to get the auto.. but its ok .. i got everything for it now.. just gotta work on it .. but i have some tricks up my sleeve on my build just have to get a camera to start taking pics of it on the rebuild/bodywork/headache
did you atleast did a tuck on the engine harness since you have to swapout ecu and engine harness?? or did u?
Old 06-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #49
littledevil661
Leaky Injector

Quote:
did you atleast did a tuck on the engine harness since you have to swapout ecu and engine harness?? or did u?
, nope dont have to swap out the ecu or harness. i have a kaDE24 motor not the crap sohc. another reason why i picked up the auto
Old 06-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #50
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
, nope dont have to swap out the ecu or harness. i have a kaDE24 motor not the crap sohc. another reason why i picked up the auto
you mean KA24DE not kade24! lol
Old 06-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #51
littledevil661
Leaky Injector

Quote:
you mean KA24DE not kade24! lol
lol woops that too.. i was typing halfway asleep.. .. have you fired up the car yet since you redid alot of it and how does your bay look now
Old 06-13-2009, 01:58 AM   #52
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
lol woops that too.. i was typing halfway asleep.. .. have you fired up the car yet since you redid alot of it and how does your bay look now
hahah....no i havent fired up the engine yet!!cross fingers hope it does fire up!!!i need to bolt on my header, slap on my jvt r33 radiator that i modded so it fits, drop in aem short ram then try to fire it up...
Old 06-13-2009, 02:38 AM   #53
jbuckley
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
jbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
clean.

i disassembled my relay box since i only used a couple out of it and just put them behind the radio where the other relays were located. good hiding spot , they dont really need to be accessible. i minimized my fuse panel and just tucked everything away all nice and pretty.

kind of wish i would have put my fusebox in my center console like my friends car , but didnt want to re run my harness AGAIN. idk i may get bored someday and move it ?

i cut a bunch of the wrong wires at some point and had all kinds of crazy mishaps , but it all is good now
jbuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:02 AM   #54
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuckley View Post
clean.

i disassembled my relay box since i only used a couple out of it and just put them behind the radio where the other relays were located. good hiding spot , they dont really need to be accessible. i minimized my fuse panel and just tucked everything away all nice and pretty.

kind of wish i would have put my fusebox in my center console like my friends car , but didnt want to re run my harness AGAIN. idk i may get bored someday and move it ?

i cut a bunch of the wrong wires at some point and had all kinds of crazy mishaps , but it all is good now
tips for you: label it!

Old 06-13-2009, 03:05 AM   #55
jbuckley
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
jbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
learned the hard way.

benefits : knowing every wire and what and where it goes to by heart.
jbuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #56
93nismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
93nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
lol i wish i had the patience to do all this... maybe someday. when im really bored. but then i might not be bored the next day... hmm. decisions decisions. i unno, id probably get lost half way through anyway
93nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #57
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93nismo View Post
lol i wish i had the patience to do all this... maybe someday. when im really bored. but then i might not be bored the next day... hmm. decisions decisions. i unno, id probably get lost half way through anyway
hahah thats why i did mine! was bored one day so i started with the engine harness and then decided mine as well do the rest so i did.

i didnt use the wiring diagrams that much but only wires i miss labeled just to make sure it goes where is suppose to go.

even removed wires for cruise control, rear wiper..etc
Old 06-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #58
littledevil661
Leaky Injector

Quote:
hahah....no i havent fired up the engine yet!!cross fingers hope it does fire up!!!i need to bolt on my header, slap on my jvt r33 radiator that i modded so it fits, drop in aem short ram then try to fire it up...
sweet its coming together like butt cheeks
Old 06-16-2009, 03:06 AM   #59
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

dcc install w/high power smd's

Old 06-16-2009, 03:33 AM   #60
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
dcc install w/high power smd's

where did you get those? how did you do it? and do they have other colors?

oh and props on the tuck its coming along nicely, I just got through stripping my eentire interior harness. gets kinda hectic.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote