Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
sumn3r

Trader Rating: (0)
sumn3r is just really nicesumn3r is just really nicesumn3r is just really nicesumn3r is just really nicesumn3r is just really nicesumn3r is just really nicesumn3r is just really nicesumn3r is just really nicesumn3r is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Helicoil for L24 Exhaust Manifold Stud

I got a stripped hole where one of the exhaust manifold studs are supposed to go into (on an L24). I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that can insert a helicoil. I've never done it before and I don't have the tools to so I've decided just to have it done for me. I've been calling tons of places around Long Beach (I'm in 90806) with no luck. If anyone knows of a place or a person who would be willing to do it for a reasonable price then please let me know, I'd very much appreciate it. This is the only thing stopping me from progress right now. Thanks!
sumn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
My roommate had to have it done to his old Marauder, but that was in Arkansas, just make sure they weld it in good, none of the loctite business. It wont hold unless you weld it, or his didnt, high temp loctite shot right out, but his was for a spark plug.
Akiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:38 PM   #3
sumn3r

Trader Rating: (0)
sumn3r is just really nicesumn3r is just really nicesumn3r is just really nicesumn3r is just really nicesumn3r is just really nicesumn3r is just really nicesumn3r is just really nicesumn3r is just really nicesumn3r is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No help? I got a hold of a shop that could do it for me but they want me to pull the motor out again so if I don't get any help from anyone I guess I'm gonna have to. Thanks for anyone's input in advance.
sumn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
Go buy a helicoil kit.. Around $50... But first, try tapping it and see what happens. I've had threads that I thought were fucked before.. I retapped, and presto.. the shit worked fine.

-Bart
DJ_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote