Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 08-22-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Prospectors beware: Nissan may void warranty on second GT-R owner

Filed under: Car Buying, Sports/GTs, Tokyo Motor Show, Supercars, Nissan

The anticipation of the forthcoming Nissan GT-R cannot be understated, particularly since it's the first time the automaker will grace our shores with its dominating grand tourer. As expected, the waiting list has grown rapidly, which is giving Nissan pause. The problem, according to the automaker, is that speculators are likely topping that list, and the plan to flip the vehicle for a profit is at the forefront of many prospective owners minds.

Jan Thompson, the veep of marketing for Nissan, disclosed to InsideLine that the company is considering voiding the warranty on any GT-Rs that change hands within the first year it's on the road. The idea being that if buyers are in the market, they'll head on down to their local dealer, rather than buying a second hand vehicle.

According to Nissan's director of product public relations, "A warranty decision will be made before the Tokyo auto show," when the production GT-R makes its official debut.

[Source: InsideLine]Â*
ReadÂ*|Â*Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Damn if your going to buy a 60 grand car then why buy it used?
Good move on nissans part i think....
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
I agree. I hate it when people buy up stuff then sell it for a crap load more when a product first comes out. Of course if I had the money, I'd be willing to wait for more to be made.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:49 PM   #4
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Lets hope they also keep the dealers from pulling excessive markups on the cars due to limited production run.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:19 AM   #5
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Lets hope they also keep the dealers from pulling excessive markups on the cars due to limited production run.
I hope they can combat that somehow. Dealer mark-up is one of the shittiest things about dealers and their relationship with the manufacturers.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:56 AM   #6
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I hope they can combat that somehow. Dealer mark-up is one of the shittiest things about dealers and their relationship with the manufacturers.
Let's see how well Audi's plan works with the R8.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:58 AM   #7
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
Let's see how well Audi's plan works with the R8.
Please elaborate...