Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-03-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
adictd2b00st
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
adictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adictd2b00st
after power fc djetro install.........

car starts right up, idles great....... went for a drive and very sluggish, it doesn't like to rev or really build any boost at all, i haven't given it alot of throttle yet because i know something is not right. i have 555cc injectors so i set the injector to 67%, is there anything else i need to change? my commander displays the extra sensors in japanese, i can see where it says boost control and i assume by default its turned on? the "on" or "off" is what i can't read because its not in english lol can someone confirm that? anything else that i'm missing?

*edit* btw, when i put the intake temp sensor in, i wired it as shown in the directions to pins 21 and 26............ cut the blue/yellow, and tapped into the other one
adictd2b00st is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
um...did u get it tund yet??
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
adictd2b00st
Zilvia Addict

adictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to behold
nevermind i'm a fucking retard.......

when i took the maf off to sell it since i was converting to djetro i had put a piece of paper towel in the intake so nothing would get in there, guess who forgot to take out said towel.... hence creating a huge blockage in the intake system

$450 mistake right there, turbo is shot now and spitting tons of oil into the IC piping, wonderful

and no, its not tuned, but like i said i'm not driving it hard at all, i just took it around the block, without the towel in there it drives like normal out of boost like i thought it should, but looks like i'm down until i get another turbo...... anyone selling a bb s14 t28?
Old 08-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
you definately need to turn off boost control if youre not running the boost control kit

anyway lol sorry about your turbo. trade my turbo for your shortblock
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #5
adictd2b00st
Zilvia Addict

yea i knew i had to turn it off, i just couldn't read the characters to know if it was on or off lol i assume its "on" by default, so i switched it to the opposite which would be "off"

and yea, what a shitty way to kill a turbo, seriously
Old 08-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
Jlee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Jlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the off symbol has like a + sign in it. And supposedly if boost control is on but the kit isn't wired in, the car won't start.

Jon
Jlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:43 PM   #7
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
If its set on "on" it still starts.. I accidentally "initialized" all date like a retard after I had my car tuned. it starts.. But the check engine light goes on if you dont have the BC kit. That was on zenki sr.

-bart
DJ_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:57 PM   #8
adictd2b00st
Zilvia Addict

thanks guys i'll check it again when the new turbo goes in ugh